Steps Taken by Government to Conserve Plants and Animals
The Indian government has taken so many steps to conserve plants and animals. Major two steps include:
- As per the list made by the international convention CITES, the trade of several species of birds and animals is prohibited.
- CITES stands for Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora. It is an international agreement between the governments.
- CITES makes sure that there won’t be any international trade of plants and animals. As per the list of CITES, 28,000 species of plants and 5,000 species of animals are protected.
- Apart from CITES, the biosphere reserve is one of the major initiatives taken by the government to ensure the safety of animals and plants.
- Biosphere Reserve are a series of protected areas where animals and plants are protected.