Questions asked in Economic and social issues were mostly based on agriculture. There were no questions on the Union budget as well. Let us look at the Main Exam pattern and difficulty level of the questions asked on various topics first. We are sharing the detailed exam review for the Generalist Post.
Major Highlights of the NABARD Grade-A Exam
- The exam was Moderate to difficult and lengthy.
- There was no question from Current affairs.
- Most of the questions from Agriculture and Rural Development were based on Govt Scheme.
- Questions in Economic and Social issues were based on Paragraphs.
- This year level of the exam was difficult as compared to last year.
NABARD Grade A Mains Exam Pattern 2020
|Type of Exam||Paper||Marks||Time|
Paper 1: General English
|Objective||Paper-II: For General Post – Economic & Social Issues; Agriculture and Rural Development||100||90 Minutes|
|Objective||Paper-II: For all other Posts – Related to the discipline of the post||100||90 Minutes|
The first paper, i.e general English is common for all the post and carried 100 marks. Only 90 Minutes was allowed to complete paper-1. It was descriptive exams where candidates had to write an essay, Passage, Precis writing, letter writing etc.
Paper-1, General English Review and Difficulty level.
- Level of this section was Lengthy
- there were questions from Letter, precis and essay.
- Paper was lengthy
- 90 minutes were sufficient to complete the exam.
- In essay word limit was 400, 250 for letter and 150 for precis.
Check the topics asked from General English section from the Essay.
- Health and wealth or money is wealth
- The requirement of communication skills for success in life.
- High-speed internet, right or luxury?
- Underemployment or Unemployment which is worse?
Topics of the letter-writing are:
- Write a congratulatory letter to your niece in London doing PHD in economic (Informal)
- Write a letter to the branch manager to approve 40 lakhs Rupees loan for house renovation. (Formal)
- The other was related to the bank (Letter)
Topics from Precis were as followed:
- It was based on mobile addiction.
- We will update other topics once we get to know the exact topics.
Following are the topics asked in NABARD Grada A-Mains exam in paper-2, Economic and Social Issue (Part-1)
- There were 35 questions in part-1 carrying 2 marks each.
- There were ten paragraph based questions, containing 3-4 questions each.
The paragraph was based on the following topics
- Livery stock
- Banking fraud-related RBI Scheme
- Climate change
- Doubling farmer income
- Soil-based passage
- National Agriculture market place.
- National Infrastructure pipeline.
- Banking reforms ease, banking reform scheme.
There were 30 questions from the second part (Agriculture and rural development) carrying 1 mark each. Around 20-24 questions were based on Govt schemes. Some of the questions were based on the following Govt schemes:
- Doubling farmer income committee chairperson
- Pradhan Mantri Maitri Vandana Yojana
- Question-based on skill India Scheme
- Deen Dayal Antodaya Yojana (DAY)
We will try to update more information on the topics and questions asked. This was all about the NABARD Grade A mains exam analysis. We hope every candidate have done their best. In case you have any issue, feel free to ask us below in the comment section.
With so many exams approaching, we are sure you must be wondering about the foolproof preparation plan. Your search is over now. Subscribe to Online Classroom Program to have unlimited access to all 20+ structured live courses and 500+ mock tests. This will cover all important banking and insurance exams like IBPS Clerk, IBPS PO, IBPS RRB (PO+Clerk), SBI PO, RBI Grade-B, SBI Clerk Main, RBI Assistant Main, etc.
Try Online Classroom Program Now and get unlimited access to all 20+ Structured Live Courses and 500+ Mock Tests
All the best for your exams.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App!