Mughal Empire Questions and Answers
- At what age did Babur succeed to the throne of Farghana in Trans Oxiana?
Answer: At the minor age of Twelve (Year 1494 )
- Who sent an ambassador to Babur and invited him to displace Ibrahim Lodi in India?
Answer: Daulat Khan Lodi sent his son Dilawar Khan ;
Probably a messenger from Rana Sanga also arrived.
- When was the First Battle Of Panipat fought?
Answer: 20th April, 1526; Between Babur and Ibrahim Lodi.
- Which gun device was used by Babur in the First Battle of Panipat against Ibrahim Lodi?
Answer: Ottoman (Rumi) Device
- During which Battle did Babur declared Jihad and assume the title of Ghazi in India?
Answer: Battle of Khanwa (1527) against Rana Sanga
- Babur enjoyed the prestige of being the descendant of which two famous Asian warriors?
Answer: Changez Khan(on mother's side) and Timur(on father's side)
- Tuzuk-i-baburi, the autobiography of Babur was written in which language?
Answer: Chagtai Turkic
- When was the First attack of Babur in India?
Answer: Bajaur in 1519.
- Which Mughal King popularised the use of Gun Powder and artillery in India?
- Who built a new city of Dinpanah at Delhi?
- Which Rajput Queen sent a rakhi to Humayun when Bahadurshah of Gujarat attacked Chittor?
Answer: Rani Karnavati
- Which fort was known as the gateway of Eastern India?
Answer: Fort of Chunar
- Who commanded the regions of Kabul and Qandhar during Humayun's reign?
Answer: Humayun's younger brother Kamran
- Which Mughal monument marked a new beginning in the style of architecture in north India with the Dome made of marble as it's most remarkable feature?
Answer: Humayun's Tomb
- Who became the wakil of Mughal kingdom during the initial years of Akbar's reign?
Answer: Bairam Khan
- Bairam Khan rallied the Mughal forces under which title?
- When was the second battle of Panipat fought?
Answer: 5 November 1556
- Where did Akbar saw the sea for the first time?
Answer: At Cambay in Gujarat
- Which Mughal Emperor instituted a new system of land revenue viz. Dahsala in the kingdom?
Answer: Akbar (In 1580 AD)
- What were the names given to cultivated land and uncultivated land during Mughal era?
Answer: Polaj (Cultivated) , Parati (Fallow)
- How many categories were there in every rank (Mansab)?
Answer: Three Categories
- Even though Mansabdari system under Akbar was distinct in the world, perhaps it's origins can be traced back to which king?
Answer: Changez Khan, he organised the army on a decimal
- The territories of the Mughal kingdom were divided into which categories?
Answer: Jagir, Khalisa, Inam
- Who was the head of the revenue department under Mughal administration?
- Who was the head of the military department and intelligence under Mughal administration?
Answer: Mir Bakshi
- Who were the Barids and Waqia-navis in Mughal administration?
Answer: Intelligence officers and News Reporters, respectively
- Which officer was in charge of the imperial household in Mughal administration?
Answer: Mir Saman
- Which department was headed by chief qazi in Mughal administration?
Answer: Judicial Department
- Jazia, a tax which was levied on non muslims, was abolished by Emperor Akbar in which year?
Answer: 1564 AD
- Who built Ibadat Khana/Hall of Prayer in Fatehpur Sikri?
Answer: Emperor Akbar
- Which missionaries came to Akbar's court from Goa and stayed here for a period of three years?
Answer: Aquaviva and Monserrate
- Emperor Akbar implemented the policy of 'Sulh-i-Kul', what is the literal meaning of it?
Answer: Peace with all
- Who wrote Humayun-Nama the biography of Mughal king Humayun?
Answer: Gulbadan Begum
- Who visited Jahangir's court as an ambassador to James I, the king of Britain?
Answer: Sir Thomas Roe
- Which port of Gujarat was known as the Gate of Makka (Babul Makka) in Mughal times?
- Which Mughal prince emerged victorious in the Battle of Dharmat?
Answer: Aurangzeb (15 April 1658)
- Where did East India Company establish their first factory with the permission of Mughal Emperor Jahangir?
- The peasants who owned the land they tilled were called?
- Mention the cash crops that were cultivated during the Mughal era.
Answer: Cotton, Indigo, Sugarcane, oilseeds, etc.
- Coins were made of which metal in the Mughal era?
- Which Mughal garden exists in Kashmir even today?
Answer: Nishant Bagh
- Which monument was built by Akbar as a memento of his victory in Gujarat?
Answer: Buland Darwaza
- Which Mughal king died by a sudden fall from the staircase?
- Which Mughal king started a new religion named Din-e-Ilahi?
- The practice of building a structure entirely of marble and to decorate the walls in floral designs with precious stones is called?
Answer: Pietra Dura
- The largest number of books on classical Indian music in Persian was written during the rule of which Mughal king?
- Who was given the status of First Lady of the kingdom by Emperor Aurangzeb?
Answer: Jahanara, daughter of Shah Jahan
- Mughal art of painting reached it's zenith during the rule of which Mughal king?
- Which Mughal king was referred to as 'Zinda Pir' / 'a living saint'?
- Which officers were appointed by Aurangzeb to see whether people live their lives as per the shara?
- Which Mughal Emperor discontinued the practice of Jharokha Darshan (showing himself to public from the balcony)?
- Which artists are credited with the genesis of Mughal School of miniature painting?
Answer: Mir Sayyed Ali and Abdus Samad Khan
- Hamza Nama and Tuti Nama, the most decorated work in Mughal Painting were made during the rule of which Mughal king?
- Who are the only two emperors of the Mughal Emperor who wrote their biographies?
Answer: Babur and Jahangir
- Padshah nama written by Abdul Hamid Lahori, gives a detailed account of which Mughal king?
Answer: Shah Jahan
- Ustad Isa is accredited as the architect of which Mughal monument?
Answer: Taj Mahal
- The Mughal empire expanded it's territories to it's peak during whose reign?
- Which Persian garden style was adopted by Mughals in monument architecture?
Answer: Charbagh Style
- Who defeated Malva's ruler Medani Roy in the battle of Chanderi?
- In which battle, Humayun completely lost against Sher Shah?
Answer: Battle of Bilgram(1540)
- Where did Bairam Khan coronate Akbar?
- Akbar installed the statues of which Rajput commanders for their bravery after the siege of Mewar?
Answer: Jaymala and Fatehsingh
- Who translated Tuzuk-i-Baburi in Persian?
Answer: Abdur Rahim Khan i Khana
- Who was the only luminary of Akbar's court to accept Din-e-Ilahi?
- Which Mughal King introduced Do-Aspa and Si-Aspa system in Mansabdari?
- Which Mughal king brought Kabul and Kandhar under Indian Empire only after Kushanas?
- Which Mughal Emperor forbade the inscription of kalma on coins?
- Sher Shah Suri initially served in the army of Mughals under which King?
- Where was Akbar born?
- Who were the hereditary owners of land during the reign of Akbar?
- What was the real name of Sher Shah Suri?
- Why did Sher Shah Shah get the title of 'Sher Khan' from his the then patron Bahar Khan Lohani?
Answer: For Killing a tiger
- What was the extent of Sher Shah Suri's empire?
Answer: From Bengal to Indus (Except Kashmir)
- During which campaign, Sher Shah Suri got severely wounded due to the bursting of the gun and subsequently died of it?
Answer: Siege of Kalinjer in 1545
- Who was the royal historian of Sher Shah Suri?
Answer: Abbas Khan Sarwani
- Under whose rule, the roads and sarais came to be known as 'the arteries of the empire'?
Answer: Sher Shah Suri
- What was the share of the state in the land revenue during Sher Shah Suri's reign?
Answer: one-third of the produce
- Where is the tomb of Sher Shah Suri?
Answer: Sasaram, Bihar
- Which Suri king restored the Grand Trunk Road from Indus to Sonargaon in Bengal?
Answer: Sher Shah Suri
- Which silver coin was introduced by Sher Shah, which was also used by subsequent Mughal kings?
- The area under cultivation, the types of crops, and revenue share was written on paper in Sur administration. What was this system known as?
Answer: Patta System
- When did Sher Shah say that 'for a few grains of millet I almost lost the entire empire of India'.
Answer: After the Battle of Giri Sumel (1544)
- Who originally introduced the Ryotwari system?
Answer: Sher Shah Suri
- Rohtas fort in Pakistan was built during the rule of?
Answer: Sher Shah Suri
- Which copper currency was issued by Sher Shah Suri?
More from us:
State PCS के लिए Complete Free Study Notes, अभी Download करें
Download Free PDFs of Daily, Weekly & Monthly करेंट अफेयर्स in Hindi & English
NCERT Books तथा उनकी Summary की PDFs अब Free में Download करें