MPSC Prelims 2022 Exam Analysis
MPSC (Maharashtra Public Service Commission) organized MPSC Exam on 21 August 2022. This exam was conducted for 501 vacancies. Applicants who qualify for the MPSC prelims will be admitted to the mains. The MPSC Prelims exam will be conducted in two sessions. GS paper one, i.e., general studies paper, will be conducted in the first shift, and CSAT paper two will be conducted in the second shift. You will get the complete analysis of these MPSC Question Papers 2022 in this article.
Key Highlights of MPSC Prelims 2022 Exam
The MPSC Rajyaseva Prelims 2022 exam will be conducted on 21 August 2022 in two shifts.
- The medium of examination is Marathi and English.
- GS Paper 1 has 100 questions, and CSAT Paper 2 has 80 questions.
- The prelims exam was conducted in offline mode (OMR-based mode).
- Exam Format: MCQs
|MPSC Prelims 2022 Key Highlights|
|Number of Questions|
|Number of Choices||4|
|Duration of the exam||120 minutes for each paper|
|Medium||Marathi & English Language|
MPSC Prelims 2022 Difficulty Level
We have presented the difficulty level of the MPSC Prelims 2022 exam for each section. Applicants can check the level of questions in the section-wise table. General Studies Paper 1 In the MPSC Prelims 2022 Question Paper, the questions asked were on the subjects of Polity, General Science, History, and Current Affairs. DetailedMPSC Analysis is as follows:
|General Science & Technology||Easy to Moderate|
|Indian Polity||Easy to Moderate|
|Current Affairs||Moderate to Tough|
|Indian History||Moderate to Tough|
|Geography||Easy to Moderate|
|Environment & Ecology||Easy to Moderate|
|Economy||Moderate to Tough|
CSAT Paper 2
The second paper of the MPSC Prelims 2022 exam was conducted in the second shift from 3 PM to 5 PM. The overall difficulty level of the previous paper was medium-difficulty, with Reading Comprehension covering more than 50% of the paper's mark. You can get the distribution of questions from different topics below.
|Reading Comprehension- Bilingual||Moderate|
|Reading Comprehension- Marathi||Moderate-Difficult|
|Reading Comprehension- English||Moderate-Difficult|
|Mathematics & Aptitude||Moderate-Difficult|
MPSC Prelims Analysis 2022: Good Attempts
After analyzing the MPSC Question Paper, the experts of 'Byjus Exam Prep' have shared the best attempts for the MPSC prelims exam. It is based on the responses and reasonable examination attempts of the candidates.
|MPSC Prelims Exam 2022: Good Attempts|
|Exam Date||Paper||Good Attempts|
|21 August 2022||Paper 1: General Studies||86 to 90|
|Paper 2: CSAT||60 to 65|
MPSC Prelims Analysis 2022: Questions Marks Weightage
The table below gives the complete information about the question marks weightage for the MPSC Prelims 2022 exam: GS Paper 1
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|General Science & Technology||17|
|Environment & Ecology||7|
CSAT Paper 2
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Reading Comprehension- Bilingual||40 Questions (8 Passages)|
|Reading Comprehension- Marathi||5 Questions|
|Reading Comprehension- English||5 Questions|
|Mathematics & Aptitude||15|
MPSC Prelims Exam Analysis 2022: Section-wise Review
Candidates who appeared in the MPSC prelims 2022 exam can check section wise review:
GS Paper 1
- The overall pattern of questions in General Studies Paper 1 was medium class. This time there were around 20 questions on General Science. Also, a lot (17 questions) was asked on the subject of Indian polity. Only general science questions were relatively difficult; all other questions were of easy difficulty level.
- The commission had asked questions on the current affairs component from 2021 to March 2022.
- A total of four questions were asked in History, two each on Ancient and Medieval. Questions on the History of Modern India component were a bit difficult at this time. A few questions were FACTUAL at this time on Indian polity, such as the Article Amendment. But overall, the questions on this subject were easy. Two questions were also asked on this subject in the Section of Current Affairs and Economy.
CSAT Paper 2
- The overall format of the CSAT paper was in the 'Medium' category. This time CSAT was Qualifying for the first time, but the paper was easy to qualify.
- Bilingual passages were asked very easily. That is, the questions could be solved from the passages as they were; only the passages in Marathi and English language were in difficult form.
- At this time Reasoning questions were the most focused so that you will see Reasonings questions with very long sentences in this paper.
Also questions were asked in this question paper on the following factors:
- Choose the correct hypothesis
- Select the digit pair
- Venn diagram
- Examples of trains
MPSC Prelims 2022 Expected Cut Off
Per the MPSC Prelims 2022 exam analysis and the feedback, the expected exam cut-offs are given below. MPSC Prelims 2022 Expected Cut-off - (To be notified)
MPSC Prelims 2022 Questions Asked
In the MPSC prelims 2022 exam, there are a total of 100 questions asked from GS paper 1 and 80 from CSAT paper 2. Below we have given some important questions from the MPSC questions paper 2022:
- Sagar Cyclonic Storm
- Middle Age and Copper Age
- Jhelum is tributary of_______
- Satluj is a tributary of _________
- Mountain located between Pravara and Kukadi river
- Manjira River flows on Balaghat plateau
- Satmala and Ajanta mountain
- Monoclinal fold, isoclinal fold
- Bhabhar Plains
- Cattle keeping Gujjars
- Soil erosion
- Core Zone, Buffer Zone, Transition Zone
- Tusi Dam
- Dulhasti Project
- Every longitude has a different local time
- Standard Time System
- Oldest communities on Earth
- High biomass producer
- Rich floral and fauna diversity
- Alpha, Beta and Gamma Diversity
- Simpson’s Diversity Index
- Bhagwan Mahavir
- Chemical environment
- Temperature and soil
- Human functions and biological components
- Changing production patterns
- Calibrated import policy
CSAT Paper 2
Below we have given some important questions of CSAT Paper 2 from the MPSC Prelims questions paper 2022:
- Study the following expressions and recognise structure of the unfamiliar language. Use two assumptions that: there are no exceptions to the rule, and only those rules apply which may be derived from the given expressions.
- Let 'X' be the median of the data 13, 8, 15, 14, 17, 9, 14, 16, 13, 17, 14, 15, 16, 15, 14. If 8 is replaced by 18, then median of the data is Y. What is the sum of values of 'X and Y?
- 5 children are collecting flowers in the garden for making 5 garlands using 25 flowers each. They decided that at the end of the collecting time, they are going to ensure that they all have equal number of flowers. Four of them are only 2 short of making their garland as was decided and the youngest child was not able to collect the required number of flowers. So each of the others gave 3 flowers from their collection in order to equalise the number of flowers.
- A bag contains 3 white, 2 blue and 5 red balls. One ball is drawn at random from the bag. What is the probability that the ball drawn is not red?
- Sanvi was born on 28 February, 2018. Then on which day will her 22nd birthday come?
- A and B can complete a work in 15 days and 10 days respectively. They started doing the work together, but after 2 days B had to leave and A alone completed the remaining work. In how many days was the work completed?
- All 36 pupils of the Zilla Parishad School planted in all 48 plants, a mixture of jambhul and chiku varieties, in their locality. Every boy planted three jambhul varieties and the each group of two girls planted one chiku variety between them. Select the statement that is not true with respect to the above information.
- Aisha is studying literature of the period 1950 - 2010 for her graduation. She" decided to buy a book to help her with studies. Information about 5 different related books which are available at the local shop is given below.
- Two teams are to be compiled from health workers M, N, O, P, Q, R, S and T selected from all over the State for executing health related programmes. Each worker will be in either of the teams and one of the teams can accommodate at the most five or at least four workers. Given below is some more information about the workers.
- Daya, Maya, Saya, Jia, and Nia are housewives and their team takes care of the garden in their colony. They wanted to visit places Shela, Kota, Moha, Heta and Vela for vacation. They choose to take these holidays in the month of March, June, September, November and December. Following are some additional, related facts. Jia took holiday in December but did not visit Moha or Heta. Maya went to Shela in June. Daya went to Kota but not in March or September. Nia went for holiday in March but as she had visited Heta, she did not go there. Select the person who went on holiday in November.
- Given below is the main statement that is followed by statements labelled (a), (b), (c) and (d). Select the ordered pair of statements where the 1st statement implies 2nd and the two statements together are logically consistent with the main statement. You can watch a drama only if you have a ticket.
- There are equal number of men and women in a family of six. There are two fathers and two sons. Additional information about these family members is as given below. Ram is eldest and Nita is youngest of the family. The farmer is the father of the writer and also of the doctor. Nita is Sameer's sister and both are teenagers. Their mother is a teacher. The only couple in the family is Jayesh and Nadira. Anna is not married and is the daughter of Ram.
- All persons of a certain community are in a habit of answering any question in two sentences and one of these is always true and other one is always false. A visitor came across three persons of this community: one of them is a doctor, another one is a lawyer and third one is a farmer. Study the reply of these persons to a question about their professions and select the true statement from the given options.
MPSC Prelims Previous Year Exam Analysis
Before starting the study for any exam, it is necessary to analyze the previous year's exam question paper. Knowing the importance of this, the complete analysis of the previous year's MPSC prelims is given below for the students. GS Paper 1 MPSC State Services Prev Paper 1 General Studies includes History, Geography, Polity, Economics, General Science, Environment, and Current Affairs. In Paper 1, most questions are seen in the General Science component. A complete subject-wise analysis is given in the table below:
|Subject Name||Questions||Difficulty Level|
|General Science||20||Moderate to hard|
|Geography||15||Moderate to hard|
|economy||15||Moderate to hard|
|Environment and Environmental Science||5||Moderate|
CSAT Paper 2 The overall difficulty level of MPSC Prelims Paper 2 is medium. MPSC Rajyaseva Paper 2 questions are available in both Marathi and English languages. The table below provides the complete analysis of MPSC Prelims CSAT Paper 2:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Difficulty Level|
|Reading Comprehension- Bilingual||8 Passages (40 Questions)||Moderate to Tough|
|Reading Comprehension- Marathi||1 Passage (5 Question)||Moderate to Easy|
|Reading Comprehension- English||1 Passage (5 Question)||Moderate to Tough|
|Mathematics & Aptitude||15||Moderate to Easy|
|Reasoning||10||Moderate to Tough|
|Decision Making||5||Moderate to Easy|
|Total||80 Questions||Moderate to Tough|
Read the above article in Marathi, click here: MPSC राज्यसेवा परीक्षेचे विश्लेषण 2022
|MPSC Rajyaseva Question Papers 2022||MPSC Rajyaseva Answer Key 2022|
|MPSC Rajyaseva Result 2022||MPSC Rajyaseva Hall Ticket 2022|
|MPSC Rajyaseva Syllabus 2022||MPSC Rajyaseva Exam Pattern 2022|
|MPSC Rajyaseva Exam Analysis 2022|