In this article, we discuss the pattern of the MPPSC Mains exam and Important Books for MPPSC Mains Exam which help you in the study. Exam experts have curated a list of MPPSC Mains books to cover all the papers in a comprehensive manner.
Also, go through the MPPSC Study Material to level up your exam preparation.
Things to keep in mind while you prepare for the MPPSC mains subject-
- For a specific topic, one source of information is sufficient.
- Do not refer to more than one book for a particular subject like History, Polity
- Dates and maps must be prepared by candidates.
- MPPSC exam papers from previous years can offer you a solid sense of the topics. Download MPPSC Mains Question Papers for regular practice.
MPPSC Mains Books for Paper 1
MPPSC Mains paper 1 includes topics from History & Culture along with Geography
MPPSC GS 1 syllabus includes the following topics:
- World History
- Indian History
- Indian 'Renaissance
Indian Art & Culture with special reference to M.P.
- Physical geography of India and the world,
- Natural resources. Agro-climatic zones and Industries in M.P.
- Water Management
- Disaster and its management
MPPSC Book List for Paper 1
A) History and Culture
1. NCERT 6-12 history and Bipin Chandra
2. Spectrum: Brief History of Modern India
3. Nitin Singhania for culture
4. For MP history and culture- Barnwal, Punekar, Mahavir, Mukesh Maheshwari
5. Other topics- Internet and self-wit
6. Lucent General Knowledge
B) Geography and Disaster Management
1. NECRT – 6 to 12th
2. Geography and you magazine
3. Yojna magazine
4. MP Geography – Mukesh Maheswari Book.
5. Madhya Pradesh Ek Parichaya (Mc Grawhills Publication)
6. School Atlas
MPPSC Mains Books for Paper 2
MPPSC GS 2 syllabus includes the following topics:
- Constitution, Political and Administrative Structure of Governance
- Security issues: Internal and External
- Important Legislation
- Social Sector - Health, Empowerment & Education
- Education systems
- Welfare programmes
- International Organlzatlons
MPPSC Book List for Paper 2
1. NCERT – 11th Class
2. M. Laxmikant
B) Social Issue
1. Knowledge of current affairs
2. PIB and govt websites for schemes/programs
3. International Organization (Internet)
5. Yojana magazine
MPPSC Mains Books for Paper 3
MPPSC Mains GS 3 includes the following topics
- Science & Technology
- Reasoning and Data Interpretation
- Environment and Sustainable Development
- Indian Economy
MPPSC Book List for Paper 3
A) Science & Technology-
B) Reasoning and Data Interpretation
1. Any book for basic reasoning
2. Arihant Experts
3. Previous year practice set
2. Internet - DW, ORF, Science daily, India Science Wire (Vigyan Prasar)
D) Indian Economy
1. NCERT- 11 and 12th
2. Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
3. Economic Survey & Budget – Union and Madhya Pradesh (MP Gov site)
MPPSC Mains Books for Paper 4
MPPSC GS 4 syllabus topics include
- Human needs and motivation
- Philosophers/Thinkers, Social workers/Reformers
- Case studies
MPPSC Book List for Paper 4
1. Ethics and Case Study
2. Lexicon for Ethics by Chronical Publication
3. Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude By G. Subba Rao
MPPSC Mains Books for Paper 5
The MPPSC hinid paper includes the following topics:
- लघुउत्तरीय प्रश्न
- संधि, समास, अलंकार, मुहावरे, कहावतें इत्यादि |
- वाक्यों का अनुवाद
- प्रारम्भिक व्याकरण एवं शब्दावलियाँ
- अपठित गद्यांश
MPPSC Book List for Paper 5
1. General Hindi book
2. Hardev Bahari Book For General Hindi
3. Lucent Hindi for grammar and introduction to Hindi
MPPSC Books for Hindi Essay
MPPSC Paper 6 includes three essays. The reference books is mentioned below.
MPPSC Book List for Paper 6
2. Nimbandh Mnajusha (Mc Grawhills Publication)
MPPSC Mains Exam Preparation Tips
- The MPPSC syllabus must be well understood.
- You should devote equal time to each subject, which you may do by creating a thorough timetable.
- You must set a deadline for each MPPSC paper's preparation so that you can finish the syllabus on time.
- Set a timer to solve the last five years' question papers.
- You can find out the repeated questions asked for the examination using the prior year's question papers. These questions can help make your personal preparation go more smoothly and easily.
- Revise the topics on a regular basis, identifying the weak and strong areas and working on them accordingly.
- Make brief notes on each topic and keep your study materials up to date.
For your MPPSC Mains preparation, our BYJU'S Exam Prep Team is always there for you.
मध्य प्रदेश के अन्य सभी जिलों की जानकारी के लिए पढ़ें - Read Here
You Can Boost up your preparation with Current Affairs. Here we are providing you daily/ monthly Current Affairs and MP specific current affairs:
Practice set solving is more important during preparation. By solving it you can improve your weaker section of the subject. Here we are providing a link, and by clicking it you can attempt topic wise MCQs and make your preparation strong.
Attempt Here: MPPSC Prelims MCQs 2021: Revision Practice set