Most Important Topics in IBPS Clerk Prelims Quantitative Aptitude
Working on your computation speed is one of the things you can do. Calculating faster is one approach to improving your math score. If you have enough practice, you can easily earn more points in this section because, unlike the language section, where you cannot be certain of your answers and may make mistakes while solving puzzles, you can be certain that you can solve an arithmetic question and that your answer is correct or incorrect. The complete list of subjects covered in the Quantitative Aptitude section is provided below.
Expected Questions of IBPS Clerk 2022 Prelims Quant Section
The questions in the IBPS Clerk prelims vary depending on the shifts and day they are administered in. The table below displays the weightage of several shifts since 2018 to give you an idea about the weightage of each topic.
Candidates will find it extremely difficult given the intense competition and the fact that the Quantitative Aptitude for IBPS Clerk Prelims test syllabus contains 26 different topics. However, applicants can be confident that they will be able to easily pass all subsequent rounds if they master this subject and develop the ability to ace quant for IBPS Clerk Prelims.
What Expert Says "How To Approach IBPS Clerk Quant Section?"
35 questions and 20 minutes make up the Quantitative Aptitude test. This means that in order to answer every question, your calculation must be precise and quick. Mental math is more important to pass this subject than just executing the calculations by hand, and many applicants struggle in the prelims exam due to weak mental math skills.
- The topics in Quantitative Aptitude that are the simplest and most effective are simplification, mathematical issues like percentage, age, simple and compound interest, ratio and proportion, etc. On these subjects, you should expect 15–17 questions, on average.
- There are about 12–15 time-consuming questions, including ones on probability, quadratic equations, time and work, mixture and allegations, time, speed and distance, number series, etc.
- You need to master a few fundamental numerical computation techniques in order to ace both simple and complex questions. Learn the squares and cubes from 1 to 25, the common percentage, and both the fractional and decimal counterparts of the multiplication tables up to 25.
- Focus more on the areas that take the longest to prepare so that you can shorten the time needed for the calculations in those sections.
- Don't use a calculator while practising the sums, instead, try to solve the calculations in your head. Additionally, become comfortable performing computations by jumping steps, as this will significantly cut down on the time needed.
- Write down all the summation formulas in a separate notepad. While practising the sums can help you recall the formulas, you should also have this copy close at hand in case you need to review it at the last minute.
- Last but not least, before beginning to attempt to identify the problems you can quickly solve or are confident about, rapidly scan over all of the questions during the exam. Try these initially, and then move on to the ones that will take you a little more time and effort.
How To Ace IBPS Clerk Prelims Quantitative Aptitude Important Topics?
In the English part, you have 20 minutes and 30 questions to complete, giving you 40 seconds per question. You must be conversant with the syllabus and the various marks assigned to each topic and part in order to ace the exam on your first try. The best approach is to use an objective study method and preparation strategy because the exam is all about accuracy and speed at the same time.
One subject where you need to prepare and practice for the quant component is math. Profit and Loss, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Speed, Distance, Time and Work, Probability, Pipes and Cistern, Permutation and Combination, Compound Interest, and Simple Interest are only a few of the topics covered in the various chapters.
By practising enough questions from the Number Series within 30–50 seconds, this topic can be readily solved. With enough practice and quicker calculation speed, you'll be able to recognize the trick or pattern of Number Series questions, which will help you ace this topic. If it takes you too long to get to the series pattern, you can skip that question on the exam. Find out how to use tables, squares, cubes, square roots, and cube roots.
Mental calculation is crucial to mastering this subject because it honed the mind, promotes mental agility and intelligence, and improves thought precision. Make sure you are proficient enough to answer a simplification or approximation question in one minute if you want to cut down on time and earn well score.
Both quadratic forms and questions based on two quantities can be used to ask about inequality. The likelihood that you may experience it in IBPS Clerk given the pattern change is high. In addition to the new kind, you must practice quadratic equation solving until you are an expert. This subject is comparatively simpler.
Any banking exam's quantitative aptitude component includes Data Interpretation in large part and awards a lot of points. The types of DI that you must practice for IBPS exams are as follows Pie Charts, Line Graphs, Bar Graphs, Tabular DI, Caselet DI, and missing DI.
Attempt Mocks to analyze your so far preparation-
We have summed the most important topic's mini mocks for the candidates, the exam is in the corner. Without wasting a minute make use of every minute by attempting these mocks to know the preparation.
|Mock 1||Mock 2|
|Mock 3||Mock 4|
|Mock 5||Mock 6|
|Mock 7||Mock 8|
|Mock 9||Mock 10|
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.