Important Points about the MOSFET
Essential characteristics of the Metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistor are given below. Knowing about these facts is mandatory to know by candidates preparing for government exams. It is one of the essential topics of physics and electronics.
- Mosfet is a voltage-controlled device with high input impedance.
- It has two types; P- type and N- type.
- No input current is needed to control the load current.
- It has three terminals, namely Source, Drain, and Gate.
- The Gate terminal controls the flow of carriers between two terminals.
- It is a majority carrier device.
MOSFET Can be Used As?
MOSFET is a field effect transistor with high input impedance. It is used in most digital applications because of its low power consumption and switching speed. Mosfet is working in two modes; Enhancement mode and Depletion mode. Julius Edgar Lilienfeld patented the principle of working of MOSFET.
☛ Related Questions: