Common Mistakes to be Avoided
- Lack of knowledge of CAT Syllabus: - CAT aspirants need to study the CAT syllabus properly as it will help them in preparing their study plan. Aspirants should first note down the syllabus and make a study plan accordingly to cover the total syllabus for CAT 2022.
- Lack of conceptual knowledge: - Without conceptual knowledge, no one can crack CAT exams. So it is very essential to clear the concepts first before starting the preparation. Conceptual clarity not only helps in making the base strong but also helps the candidates in solving complex and tricky questions. For clearing the concept, candidates can make use of proper study materials and also take help from mentors who can guide them.
- Time Mismanagement: - In this exam, it is very important to focus on time management. Most of the students fail to crack the CAT exam because of time mismanagement. It is very important to properly manage time while preparing for CAT 2022.
- Not having a proper timetable: - Not having a proper timetable is the common mistake that many aspirants make while preparing. It is very essential to prepare a daily timetable so that candidates can get an idea about how much time should be allotted to complete a topic.
- Not analyzing the mock tests: - Mock analysis is neglected by many students while appearing for mocks. The analysis of mock tests should be done by the CAT aspirants so that they can examine their performance and improve accordingly. Focusing on speed and accuracy will help them in cracking CAT 2022 with a good percentile.
- Focusing on the overall score: - The sectional cut-off is considered for getting admission into the top B-schools. So candidates should give equal priority to each section rather than focusing on the overall percentile. In many cases, candidates scoring 90% don't get admission in top B-Schools as they don’t clear the sectional cut-off criteria.
- Giving up after getting demotivated: - Candidates often get demotivated while preparing for the CAT exam as they face problems while solving the questions. They easily give up, rather than try-hard. This should not be the attitude of the aspirants as the CAT exam needs dedication and hard work.
Candidates should avoid making these types of mistakes while preparing to crack CAT 2022. Avoiding these mistakes will help the candidates in having proper preparation and building confidence which is required to crack the CAT 2022 exam.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT and other MBA Exam, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card