Common Mistakes to be Avoided
- Lack of knowledge CAT Syllabus: - It is very important for CAT aspirants to study the CAT syllabus properly as it will help them in preparing their study plan. Aspirants should first note down the syllabus and make a study plan accordingly to cover-up the total syllabus for CAT 2021.
- Lack conceptual knowledge: - Without conceptual knowledge, no one can crack CAT exams. So it is very essential to clear the concepts first before starting the preparation. Conceptual clarity not only helps in making the base strong but also helps the candidates in solving complex and tricky questions. For clearing the concept, candidates can take use of proper study materials as well as mentors who can guide them.
- Time Mismanagement: - In this exam it is very important to focus on time management. Most of the students fail to crack the CAT exam because of time mismanagement. It is very important to properly manage time while preparation to crack CAT 2021.
- Not having a proper time table: - Not having a proper time table is the common mistake that many aspirants make while preparing. It is very essential to prepare a daily time table so that candidates can get an idea about how much time should be allotted to complete a topic. It also helps the candidates in fishing their syllabus before the prior exam.
- Not analysing the mock tests: - Mock analysis is neglected by many students while appearing mocks. The analysis of mock tests should be done by the CAT aspirants so that they can examine their performance and improve accordingly. Focusing on speed and accuracy will help them in cracking CAT 2021 with good percentile.
- Focusing on overall score: - The sectional cut-off is considered for getting admission into top B-schools. So candidates should give equal priority to each section rather than focusing on overall percentile. In many cases, candidates scoring 90% don't get an admission in top b-schools as they don’t clear the sectional cut-off criteria.
- Giving up after getting demotivated: - Candidates often get demotivated while preparing for CAT exam as they face problems while solving the questions. They easily give up, rather than trying hard. This should not be the attitude of the aspirants as the CAT exam needs dedication and hard work.
Candidates should avoid making these type mistakes while preparing in order to crack CAT 2021. Avoiding these mistakes will help the candidates in having a proper preparation and building confidence.
Watch the 5 Common Mistakes to Aviod While Preparing for CAT 2021 exam by Savitri Krishnamurty.
Subscribe NOW to Gradeup Super and get:
The benefits of subscribing Gradeup Super are:
- Structured Live Courses with a daily study plan
- Complete Access to all the running and upcoming courses of all CAT & other MBA Entrance Exams (IIFT, XAT, SNAP, TISSNET, MICAT, MH-CET-MBA, CMAT, NMAT etc.)
- NO NEED to purchase separate courses for different MBA exams
- Prepare with India's best Faculty with a proven track record (7 faculties with decades of experience)
- Complete Doubt Resolution by Mentors and Experts
- Performance analysis and Report card to track improvement
To SPEAK to our counsellors, please call us on 9650052904
Sahi Prep Hai Toh Life Set Hai!