Best MTET Preparation Tips 2021
Curious to know about how to prepare for MTET 2021? Just follow the below important Tips.
1. Know MTET Exam Pattern 2021:
- In the MTET, there will be 150 questions asked carrying a total of 150 marks and the time allotted will be 150 minutes.
- It will be conducted through Offline Mode.
- The question paper will consist of objective-type questions & there will be 5 sections and each section will have 30 questions.
- There will be no negative marking in the MTET exam.
Note: Mathematics and Science for Maths and Science teachers (Science Background students). Social Science is for Social Science teachers (Arts Background students).
2. Follow MTET Syllabus:
- MTET Syllabus is different for the paper - I & Paper - II, During your preparation, try to cover the Complete MTET syllabus.
- MTET Paper-I includes Child Development & Pedagogy, Language-1,language-2, Environmental Studies, Mathematics.
- MTET Paper-II includes Child Development & Pedagogy, Language-1,language-2, Social Studies, or Mathematics & Science.
- The question paper will be Bilingual (Hindi/English).
- There are various subjects included in the syllabus, you must make a particular study plan to prepare every topic of the syllabus perfectly.
3. Focus on your weak area of study:
- Identify the area in which you are weak and have a scope for improvement.
- Try to read & learn all the basic concepts and start practicing in your weak areas.
- For the strong areas, you don't need to focus on the basic concepts rather practice more and more questions from those topics.
- Practice MTET previous year question paper to understand your weak points.
4. Read important books for MTET:
- Prepare at least one Important textbook for each subject as described in the MTET Exam syllabus.
- You can refer to the best books from the given link.
Check here: Best Book for MTET 2021 Exam
5. Learn the basic concept and practice quizzes:
- Initially, focus on the basic concepts of each topic especially in child development & pedagogy.
- Try to solve the quizzes of each subject regularly and improve accuracy as well as the performance in each test.
6. Make a habit to prepare short notes:
- Once you start your preparation, try to prepare short notes of the topics.
- These short notes will help you to revise the entire syllabus at the last moment before the exam.
- Highlight the important points in your short notes which will be beneficial during the revision period.
7. Revise all Concepts and Theories Before the Exam:
- After the completion of the whole syllabus, try to revise all the important topics weekly.
- Try to memorize the concept, important theories, and formulas during the revision.
- Don't just cram, learn the question try, and understand the basic concept of the question.
8. Make Habit to Practice Mock Test Regularly:
- Regularly attempting MTET mock tests is vital to score good marks in the real exam.
- You can analyze the section-wise score and improve your preparation rate.
- Based on the mock test, you can manage time effectively and efficiently.
9. MTET Exam Qualifying Marks:
- Try to attempt all 150 questions because there is no negative marking in the MTET.
- For the general category, you need to score 90 out of 150 marks to qualify for the MTET.
- There is no sectional cutoff so don't be afraid of any subject.
We hope all these MTET preparation tips and strategies will help in clearing your exam. Don't lose your focus from the exam. Just prioritize your goals to crack the exam with good marks.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app
So why wait? Update your app right away!