Medieval History of Uttar Pradesh
- Agra was founded by Sultan Sikander Lodhi in 1504.
- After Sikandar Lodi, Ibrahim Lodi ascended to the throne of Agra, who was defeated by Babur in the first battle of Panipat in 1526 and Babur established the Mughal Empire.
- Agra was the main center of education during the Mughal period. Indigo was cultivated in the adjoining areas of Agra during the Mughal period.
- Mughal historians called Uttar Pradesh Hindustan.
- The Agra fort was built by Akbar.
- Noorjahan got built the tomb of his father, I'timād-ud-Daulah in Agra.
- 'Tajmahal', Deewane Aam, Deewane Khas and 'Moti Masjid' of Agra was built during rein of Shah Jahan.
- By the end of the twelfth century, Qutbuddin Aibak captured Kalpi (Jalaun district) and made it part of Delhi Sultanate.
- Among Akbar's Navratanas Birbal and Todramal belonged to Uttar Pradesh.
- Birbal belonged to Kalpi, Where evidence of Birbal's Rang Mahal and the Mughal Mint has been found.
- Jaunpur was established by Firoz Shah Tughlaq.
- Jaunpur was known as Shiraz-e-Hind during the reign of Sharqi dynasty.
- Orchha ruler Beer Singh Bundela got Jhansi built-in 1613.
- Rani Laxmibai, the wife of Gangadhar Rai, was the ruler of the independent state of Jhansi, who died while fighting against the British in the freedom struggle of 1857.
- Laxmibhai's palace, Mahadev Temple and Mehdi Bagh are in Jhansi.
- Because of Sheikh Salim Chishti, Akbar considered Fatehpur Sikri a sacred land.
- From 1573-1588, it was the capital of the Mughal Empire.
- Shahjahan shifted the Mughal capital to Delhi from Agra.
- The last Nawab of Lucknow was Wazid Ali Shah, who was removed from Lucknow by the British in 1856 by Lord Dalhousie.
- Mughal Emperor Akbar got his own tomb built in Sikandara (a suburb of Agra) which was later completed by Emperor Jahangir in 1613.
- Atala Mosque, Jama Masjid or Jama Mosque or Jami Masjid or Bari Masjid and Lal Darwaja are famous monuments of Shrqi dynasty.
- The Atala Mosque and Jhangari Mosque of Jaunpur were constructed by Ibrahim Shah Sharqi.
- Badaun's Jama Masjid was constructed by Iltutmish.
- From 1707 (From the death of Aurangzeb) to 1757 (Battle of Plassey) present Uttar Pradesh had five independent kingdoms.
- 'Treaty of Allahabad' was signed between the British and Mughal ruler Shah Alam II In 1765.
- After the death of Shuja-ud-Daulah, Asaf-ud-Daula was a Nawab of Awadh in 1775.
- Asaf-ud-Daula had handed over the area of the Benaras to the British by the Treaty of Faizabad (1775 ).
- Asaf-ud-Daula got constructed Imambara in 1784 in Lucknow to celebrate Muharram.
UPPCS के लिए Complete Free Study Notes, अभी Download करें
Download Free PDFs of Daily, Weekly & Monthly करेंट अफेयर्स in Hindi & English
NCERT Books तथा उनकी Summary की PDFs अब Free में Download करें