Medical Science Book for UPSC Paper-1
Paper 1 of the medical science syllabus includes Human Anatomy, Pathology, Biochemistry, Human Physiology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, and Toxicology. Following are the best UPSC medical science books to cover these topics.
- Human Anatomy—B D Chaurasia
- Human Physiology– Ganong; Guyton and A.K. Jain book
- Biochemistry– by U. Satyanarayana book.
- Embryology from I B Singh;
- Microbiology– D R Arora
- Pathology– Robbins, and Cotran
- Textbook of PATHOLOGY- Harsh Mohan
- Essentials of Medical Pharmacology-K D Tripathi
- Medical Parasitology- D R Arora
- Ananthanarayan and Paniker’s Textbook of Microbiology
- Essentials of Forensic medicine and Toxicology- Dr. K S Narayan Reddy
- Park Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine- K Par
- Illustrated Reviews Pharmacology -Lippincott
UPSC Medical Science Books for Paper-2
Candidates need to cover topics like Obstetrics, General Medicine, Family Planning, Community Medicine, General Surgery, Dermatology, etc on the UPSC medical science Paper-2 syllabus. The UPSC medical science optional book list will help them cover these topics as mentioned below.
- General Medicine textbook of medicine- S N Chugh
- Pediatrics– Essential pediatrics by O P Ghai, Paul, and Bagga.
- Practical Aspects Of Pediatrics- Dr. Mayoor K Chheda
- Emergency medicine- S N Chugh.
- Manipal Manual of Surgery- K. Rajgopal Shenoy
- Clinical Surgery- S Das.
- Illustrated Synopsis of Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases- Dr. Neena Khanna.
- Textbook Of Obstetrics-D.C. Dutt
- Medicine: Prep Manual for Undergraduates- George Mathews
☛ Also Read: Current Affairs Today
UPSC Medical Science Books PDF
We realize that it is a long list of UPSC medical science books we have mentioned above, and it won’t be easy to remember all of them. That is why we will provide you with a PDF file to download these medical science books for UPSC so that you will be able to keep track of them.
How to Cover Medical Science Books for UPSC?
Medical science can be a scoring subject if the candidates put in the effort, take a strategic approach, and cover the books efficiently. It becomes a problem for the candidates to complete such a vast syllabus of Medical Science in a limited period of time. That’s why we have figured out a highly effective strategy that would help the candidates to complete the Medical Science Books for UPSC.
- As we have mentioned, UPSC Medical Science Syllabus is vast, make sure to complete the important topics first from the books.
- Always keep a printout of the syllabus, and start reading the books topic-wise
- Practice the diagrams from the Medical Science Book for UPSC. Make sure the diagrams are drawn neatly.
- Read both clinical and non-clinical topics together from the UPSC medical science books as it will help you to brush up on the basic concepts of this optional subject.
- If you are a beginner then don’t jump into the standard books. Try to complete some basic Medical Science books for UPSC first.
- Make short notes from the books as it will help you out during the revision period.
Other Studying Resources Apart from UPSC Medical Science Books
Apart from the Medical Science Book for UPSC, the aspirants can take the help of some additional study materials. Those who belong from a medical background find it easier to deal with the syllabus, but if you are a beginner then there is no issue at all. Even though those who are well versed in this subject will have an advantage over the beginners, nothing can beat hard work, dedication, and following the right strategy. Apart from gathering knowledge from the Medical Science Book for UPSC, candidates can also study from graduate or postgraduate books, as well as online resources like YouTube.
|Important UPSC Topics|
|UPSC Exam||UPSC Exam Date|
|UPSC Notification||UPSC Eligibility|
|UPSC Online Application||UPSC Exam Pattern|
|IAS Exam||UPSC Previous Year Question Papers|
|UPSC Cut Off||UPSC Preparation Strategy|
|UPSC Admit Card||IAS Salary|