NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021

NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021

ByNavin Joshi  |  Updated on: Jan 20, 2021NTA announced NEET 2021 exam date. NEET 2021 to be conducted on 1 August 2021. Check NEET 2021 notification, eligibility, registration process and more.
NTA announced NEET 2021 exam date. NEET 2021 to be conducted on 1 August 2021. Check NEET 2021 notification, eligibility, registration process and more.
...Read More
Sign up for Free Mock Test

NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria

NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021: The eligibility criteria for NEET UG 2021 will be released by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The NTA looks after the entire process from the application process to allotment of colleges. Among all these processes, one very important factor is the eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria are the set of parameters which decides who is eligible for appearing in the examination.

NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria filters out the aspirants and only allows the eligible candidates to appear for the exam. The NEET UG Eligibility Criteria focus mainly on the age, percentage, nationality and other guiding criteria. The aspirants are suggested to go through the eligibility criteria thoroughly before applying for NEET 2021 exam.

Who is eligible for NEET 2021?

Aspirants who are looking forward to appearing in the NEET 2021 should be either citizen of India, Person on Indian Origin, Non-Resident Indians or Overseas Citizens of India. The above-mentioned nationalities are eligible for NEET 2021. 

Candidates aspiring to study UG medicine will have to qualify the NEET 2021. Aspirants studying medicine abroad but wants to come back to India for practice are also required to qualify NEET as it is mandatory for them as well.

NEET eligibility criteria 2021 - Quick facts



Qualifying Exam for NEET 2021

  • Candidates must have qualified 10+2 or equivalent with core subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English.

  • Candidates who have cleared class 12 or equivalent appearing aspirants are also eligible to apply for NEET 2021

Minimum Age Requirement for NEET 2021

Candidates must be 17 years old as on December 31, 2021.

Maximum Age Limit*

Upper age limit is no bar

Qualifying Mark

The class 12 percentage for each category will be different for the eligibility criteria for NEET 2021. The details will be given below.

Maximum Attempts

No limitation on the maximum attempt of the candidates.

NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021 - Age Limit

  • Students belonging to all the categories, the lower age limit students are 17 years as of December 31 of the year of admission.
  • The maximum age limit for reserved candidates is 30 years as on December 31, of the year of admission.



Date of birth for minimum age

For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR)

Born on or before December 31, 2004

For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC Category

Born on or before December 31, 2004

NEET Eligibility Criteria - Category Wise

For different categories, the criteria for percentage will also be different. The candidates will be asked to check their PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) combined percentage to check if they meet the eligibility criteria.



PCB aggregate marks required for NEET





Unreserved- PH


NEET 2021 Eligibility for All India Quota

  • The candidate must be a citizen of Kota.
  • Candidate should be minimum of 18 years old.
  • In case the candidates belong to either Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir then the candidate  will be eligible for admission only in Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune

NEET Eligibility Criteria for State Quota

It is to be noted that 85% of MBBS/BDS seats will be reserved for NEET states quota counselling. The rest of the 15% seats will be for All India Counselling. Following points need to be kept in mind for NEET 2021 State Quota

  • The candidate appearing for the NEET 2021 should be a resident of that respective state.
  • The candidate should be able to provide legitimate proof of their residence in that state.
  • The candidate should have completed or pursuing their schooling (class 12) from the respective state.

NEET 2021 Physically Handicapped Criteria

  • 15% all India UG quota, 3% horizontal reservation for physically handicapped candidates
  • 50-70% locomotor disability in the lower limb of any candidate will be given reservation.
  • The disability certificate should be provided by the candidate as and when required.
  • The physically handicapped category will have a minimum mark of 45%

Posted by:

Navin JoshiNavin JoshiMember since Nov 2018
Author | Ex-HOD, Bansal Classes-Jaipur | Ex-HOD Brilliant Tutorial | Ex-Centre Head, IITians Pace
Share this exam info   |


SyllabusQuick LinksOther Exams
GradeStack Learning Pvt. Ltd.Windsor IT Park, Tower - A, 2nd Floor, Sector 125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201303