What is MBA Eligibility?
The MBA eligibility is primarily the conditions that the candidate ought to meet to apply for the program they are interested in. It is an important qualification for MBA courses in any institute. But note that, fulfilling eligibility for MBA Entrance Exam is never promised to the candidates to get admission into an MBA program.
MBA Eligibility Criteria for Entrance Exams
The candidates seeking admission to different MBA courses, and want to apply for the entrance exam, must be aware of exam-wise MBA eligibility criteria requirements. For example, if the candidates want to apply for CAT Exam to get admission to IIMs then fulfilling the CAT Eligibility should be their first priority to avoid later-stage cancellation. Here we have given a list of exam-wise list of eligibility for your easy reference.
MBA Eligibility Criteria - Entrance Exams
These entrance tests all grant admission to various MBA institutions. When submitting an application for these exams, a candidate is expected to adhere to their specific set of MBA eligibility criteria.
Ignou Eligibility for MBA
The basic MBA Eligibility to apply for MBA courses in IGNOU is almost similar to the other colleges in India. However, it is suggested to check the official brochure of IGNOU for more details including the latest changes.
- The candidates must complete 10+2 with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognised board.
- Bachelor's degree is important to study MBA in IGNOU. The candidates must complete their graduation with 50% marks in aggregate (45% for reserve category candidates).
- As per the official Ignou Eligibility for MBA, the aspirants have to appear for OPENMAT (national-level exam) and need to clear it with a score of more than 65.
IIM MBA Eligibility
Candidates who are interested to join IIM to study MBA must check the eligibility criteria of the respective IIMs. In general, IIM MBA Eligibility is mostly similar to all the IIMs, but it is recommended to check the official website of the respective institute to know if there are any special MBA eligibility criteria.
Here, we have listed the eligibility criteria for IIM Ahmedabad for your reference.
- A bachelor's degree in any discipline with atleast 50% in aggregate (45% for reserve category candidates) is compulsory after 10+2 qualification
- The final-year students are also eligible to apply for MBA programs at IIM Ahmedabad
- The candidates must clear the required CAT Cut Off or produce a valid GMAT score.
- Candidates with previous work experience will be given preference, but it is not compulsory, as candidates without work experience can also get selected in the final selection round.
MBA Eligibility for Top Colleges
Apart from the IIMs, there are other Top MBA Colleges in India, which also offer MBA courses in different specializations. Check the table below to get a list of MBA qualifications of top institutes apart from IIMs.
Graduation in 4-Years in Engineering/Technology with at least 60% in aggregate (55% for reserved category)
The candidates must clear XAT Cut Off to get shortlisted for the final selection round.
The candidates must be graduated from a recognised university with atleast 50% in aggregate (45% for reserved category)
Graduation with 50% is compulsory
1-year work experience is mandatory for PGDM - IB program
Executive MBA Eligibility
For doing an Executive MBA program, work experience is mandatory. Candidates who have a minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience are only eligible to apply for these programs. Apart from this:
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering/B.Sc./BBA/B.Com) from a recognized university with a 50% aggregate.
- Some institutes also prefer candidates who have valid scores for different MBA exams
MBA Eligibility Abroad
There are several specialisations available for MBA programmes overseas. Candidates who want to pursue an MBA at a foreign university must meet the requirements for MBA eligibility established by the college or university.
Candidates who want to be admitted to MBA programmes abroad must have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum cumulative score of 50%. They must pass the required language proficiency test and have at least three to five years of work experience in the same field.
Commentswrite a comment