UPSC Marathi Books
In the UPSC Exam candidates need to choose an optional subject that carries a total of 500 marks and it is divided into two papers, and each carries 250 marks. We will be covering the UPSC Marathi optional book list for both of these papers below. But before that let’s take a brief look at the syllabus of Paper-1 and Paper-2.
Paper-1 is all about the Marathi language and folklore which includes nature and functions of language, dialects of Marathi, Marathi grammar, nature and kinds of folklore, history of Marathi literature, Literary criticism, etc. Paper-2 deals with the textual study of prescribed literary works. Candidates can check out the UUPSC Marathi medium book list to deal with both Paper-1 and Paper-2.
- Athavaninche Pakshi – P.I. Sonkamble
- Jahirnama- Narayan Surve
- Balakvinchi Kavita – Balkavi
- Brahmankany – S.V. Ketkar
- Damayanti-Swayamvar – Raghunath Pandit
- Ekek Paan Galavaya – Gouri Deshpande
- Jana Hey Volatu Jethe – Sharchchandra Muktibodh
- Jevha Mi Jaat Chorli Hoti – Baburao Bagul
- Lōkasāhitya mimānsā – Vishwanath Shinde
- Mridgandh’ – Vinda Karandikar
- Sashtang Namaskar – P.K. Atre
- Prācīna marāṭhī vāṅmayācā itihāsa – la. Rā. Nasirābādakara
- Pradashikna 1 and 2
- Sandhyakalchya Kavita -Grace
- Shilan’ – Uddhav Shelke
- Shetkaryacha Asud’, ‘Sarvajanik Satyadharma’ – Mahatma Jotiba Phule
- Sugama marāṭhī vyākaraṇa va lēkhana – Mo. Ra. Valambe
- Vishakha’ -Kusumagraj
- Ya Sattet Jeev Ramat Nahi’ – Namdev Dhasa
- Namadevanchi Abhangawani – Ed: Inamdar, Relekar, Mirajkar
- Painjan – Ed: M.N. Adwant Sahitya Prasar Kendra
UPSC Marathi Books PDF
We understand that keeping a check on all these UPSC Marathi literature books must be difficult for the candidates and that’s why we have covered all these books in a PDF file below. Candidates can download the PDF file directly from the given link.
How to Prepare with UPSC Marathi Books
UPSC Books are not easy to cover, and that is why candidates have a rock-solid plan to cover these books. Candidates only get a limited amount of time to cover these books. That is why the aspirants must follow a strategy to make the best out of their time. Candidates who opt for the UPSC Marathi optional don’t get many options when it comes to choosing UPSC Marathi literature books. That is why candidates need to prepare with only the selected books by following the right approach which we have mentioned below.
- The first thing the candidates must do is understand the UPSC Marathi optional syllabus.
- Candidates need to practice the UPSC Previous Year Question Paper covered at the end of the UPSC Marathi Books.
- Candidates need to focus on the writing style of the books to get a better grasp of the language.
- Candidates must prepare short notes from the books which will make their revision easier.
- If one is preparing for UPSC Prelims Syllabus, or UPSC Mains Syllabus with the optional paper at the same time then it is crucial to maintain the right balance.
How to Choose the right UPSC Marathi Optional Book List
How you spend your time plays a crucial role in UPSC preparation. You shouldn’t waste your time on the wrong study materials or books, and that is why you must choose the best UPSC Marathi Books. Making the right choice would help you to make the best out of your preparation, and make it highly effective. Here are some key points that would help you to pick the right UPSC Marathi literature books.
- Go through the Marathi syllabus and choose the books accordingly
- Choose the UPSC Marathi Books by reputed publishers
- Find additional study materials
- Ask your teachers to recommend UPSC Marathi medium booklist