Maharashtra Metro Rail Recruitment 2020-2021: The Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation has invited applications for the recruitment of the post of Junior Engineer, Technician, and other Supervisory posts for Operation and Management (O&P) in the department of Pune Metro Rail Project on regular basis. Interested candidates can apply for the 139 posts from 14th December 2020 to 21st January 2021. Check this article for other important dates, eligibility criteria, vacancies and application fees.
MMRC Important Dates:
|Online Registration Begins||14th December 2020 (10:00 hrs)|
|Application Fees to be paid between||14th December 2020 to 21st January 2021|
|Last Date of Registration||21st January 2021 till 23:59 hrs|
MMRC Eligibility Criteria:
Age Limit: Above 18 years - Below 28 years i.e. candidates should have been born not earlier than 21/01/1993, and not later than 21/01/2003 (both dates inclusive).
Relaxation of upper age limit:
|SR. No||Category||Relaxation in Upper Age|
|1||Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe Candidates||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Class Candidates||3 years|
|3||Ex. Servicemen||Upper age for Ex-servicemen will be length of service + 03 years, subject to a maximum age of 40 years. The Ex-servicemen are those who are covered in the definition, as per extant rules of Ministry of Defence / Govt. of India.|
- For Station Controller/Train Operator/Train Controller-S1: Three years Engineering diploma in Electrical/ Electronics /Mechanical/branch from a Govt. recognized Board/ University/ Institute.
- For Section Engineer (Electrical)-S3 : Four years Engineering degree in Electrical branch from a Govt. recognized University / Institute.
- Section Engineer (IT)- S3: Four years Engineering degree in IT/ Computer Engineering branch from a Govt. recognized University / Institute.
- Section Engineer (Electronics)- S3 : Four years Engineering degree in Electronics / Electronics & Telecommunication branch from a Govt. recognized University / Institute.
- Section Engineer (Mechanical)- S3 : Four years Engineering degree in Mechanical branch from a Govt. recognized University / Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical)-S1: Three years Engineering diploma in Electrical branch from a Govt. recognized Board/ University/ Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electronics) -S1 : Three years Engineering diploma in Electronics / Electronics & Telecommunication branch from a Govt. recognized Board/ University/ Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical) -S1: Three years Engineering diploma in Mechanical branch from a Govt. recognized Board/ University/ Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Civil) -S1: Three years Engineering diploma in Civil branch from a Govt. recognized Board/ University/ Institute.
Note: All the candidates should have knowledge of Marathi Language (Reading, Writing & Speaking).
MMRC Vacancy Details:
|For Station Controller/Train Operator/Train Controller-S1||27||5||4||15||5||56|
|For Section Engineer (Electrical)-S3||3||1||4|
|Section Engineer (IT)- S3||1||1|
|Section Engineer (Electronics)- S3||4||1||5|
|Section Engineer (Mechanical)- S3||1||1|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)-S1||4||1||2||1||8|
|Junior Engineer (Electronics) -S1||2||1||3|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical) -S1||5||1||6|
|Junior Engineer (Civil) -S1||2||2|
MMRC Recruitment 2020-21 Job Profile:
The job of Station Controllers / Train Operator/ Train Controller, Section Engineer/ Junior Engineer (Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical/Civil) is inter-changeable in nature as per the requirement of the Corporation and it includes operating the trains, looking after the affairs of Metro Stations including Customer Care Centers (CCC), Depot Control Centers, Operation Control Centers etc. in shift duty including night shift. The job requires highest standard of medical fitness, including naked vision of 6/6, the details of which are also available at MAHA-Metro website www.punemetrorail.org So, the candidates meeting the required medical standard may only apply. The duty hours of Station Controllers/Train Operator/Train Controller (SC/TO/TC), Section Engineer, Junior Engineers (Electrical/Electronics/Mech./Civil) may depend on the ridership/footfall of the stations/ Customer Care Centers (CCC) and may range from 8 to 12 hours daily.
MMRC Recruitment 2020-21 Application Fees:
UR, OBC and EWS (including Ex-servicemen) candidates are required to pay a Non-refundable fee of ₹ 400/- (excluding of bank charges plus service tax) and SC/ST, Women candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of ₹ 150/- (for processing fee only, excluding of bank charges plus service tax) for each post.
MMRC Training and Probation:
The selected candidates on appointment will be on Probation for a period of two years (including period of training), where they will undergo intensive training for prescribed duration. The Corporation has the right to enhance or reduce the training period at its discretion for any or all the trainees. During the probation period, candidates shall be required to pass various examinations. The service of the candidate during probation period can be terminated by the corporation if the performance of candidate is found to be unsatisfactory, in accordance with the terms & conditions of offer of appointment.
MMRC Recruitment Selection Process:
- For the post Station Controllers/Train Operator/ Train Controller (Post for Sr. No. 1): The selection methodology will comprise four-stage process –i.e. Online Test(CBT), Psycho Test & Personal Interview followed by Medical Examination in A1 (Aye-one) Category.
- For the post of Section Engineer, Junior Engineer (Elect./IT/Computer/Electronics/Mech./Civil (Post from Sr. No.- 2 to 9):The selection methodology will comprise Three-stage process i.e. Online Test(CBT) & Personal Interview followed by Medical Examination in A3 (Aye-three) category.
The selection process would judge different facets of knowledge, skills, comprehension, aptitude and physical fitness. Candidates will have to pass through each stage successfully (including Medical examination), before being adjudged as suitable for selection. Candidates, who fail in the prescribed medical test, will not be given any alternative employment and decision of the Corporation is final on this issue. Dates of online examination, result of online examination and all recruitment related information shall be available only on Web site: www.punemetrorail.org and candidates must remain in constant touch with it.
MMRC Pay-Scale (IDA):
- For Station Controller/ Train Operator/Train Controller-S1, Junior Engineer (Electrical)-S1, Junior Engineer (Electronics) -S1, Junior Engineer (Mechanical) -S1 and Junior Engineer (Civil) -S1:
₹ 33,000 - ₹ 1,00,000
- For Section Engineer (Electrical)-S3, Section Engineer (IT)- S3, Section Engineer (Electronics)- S3, Section Engineer (Mechanical)- S3:
₹ 40,000 - ₹ 1,25,000
The pay & emoluments for direct recruits shall be as per pay scales under the IDA(Industrial DA) as applicable from time to time and other benefits which include Perks, HRA, Medical benefit, EPF, Gratuity, etc. as per extant rules of the Corporation.
MMRC Surety Bond:
The candidates selected for posts of Station Controller/Train Operator/ Train Controller/ Section Engineer / Junior Engineer, will have to execute a surety bond of ₹ 2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs) to serve the corporation for a minimum period of three years (exclusive of the period in which one remained on LWP or EOL) and also a three months prior notice, will be required before seeking resignation from the corporation.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App.