Hope you are doing well and studying well for your exams. The GATE exam is over and results for GATE 2021 has been declared. BYJU'S Exam Prep has come up with all opportunities after the GATE examination.GATE Exam is conducted annually in the month of February by IISc & IIT's for the engineering graduates who are aiming to uplift their careers either in the field of higher studies such as M.Tech, M.S, PhD or grab their desired job in govt PSU's. The importance of the GATE exam can be understood by the fact that more than 9 lakh students appear across 25 branches. In order to achieve the desired target, candidates have a vision for which they prepare rigorously for 6-7 months and aim to crack the exam.
In a nutshell, the GATE exam is that Ocean which gives numerous career opportunities to an engineer which they can pursue after the GATE Exam and can choose the best options depending on the interest and the goal of their life.
Important List of things to do After GATE Exam
If you have a valid good GATE Score
- M.Tech Direct Admission in IISc/IITs
- There are many IITs that take direct admission based on a valid GATE Score.
- M.Tech Admission in IITs through Interview
- If you do not get direct admission, you may need to face interviews in IISc and some IITs.
- Prepare 4 to 5 important subjects from GATE Syllabus to face these IIT interviews. (BYJU'S Exam Prep launches Post-GATE guidance after the GATE result, stay connected with gradeup).
- Other Admissions in IITs
- You can also apply for Interdisciplinary courses, M.Tech (RA), M.S (Research), and PhD in IISc/IITs.
- M.Tech Admission in NITs
- To get admission to NITs, you will be required to choose the preference of NITs which will be available through CCMT Online Counselling.
- CCMT Counselling will begin in the month of May/June.
- Higher Studies in International University:
- The GATE exam score is widely accepted across the globe for higher studies such as MS, PhD in International universities such as NUS (Singapore) etc.
- PSU jobs recruiting through GATE Score:
- If you are interested in joining PSUs, now you can apply to various PSUs and after the GATE result, these PSUs shortlist merit candidates based on the GATE score obtained. see the list of PSU jobs here.
Fellowship Program in Management (FPM)
It is a five-year program run at many Indian Institutes of Management. This program has the following features:
- A monthly stipend of Rs 29,000-30,000 is offered to the student with the program
- No tuition fees for four years and nine months with a free hostel facility.
- For students who live off-campus will get a house-rent allowance (HRA) of Rs 8,000 for a single student and Rs 13,000 for married students and many more facilities.
- a PhD degree in management.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management
National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) Mumbai offers various courses in PGDM such as:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering (P.G.D.I.E.)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Manufacturing Management (P.G.D.M.M.)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management (P.G.D.P.M.)
For all the above Programs, the applicant should have a valid GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) score as of June 15, with 60 per cent aggregate marks in degree (relaxable by five per cent in case of SC/ST/PwD (Physically Disabled) candidates) at graduation in Engineering/Technology as a degree.
There are research positions available through GATE in Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC). However, BARC conducts its examination for recruitment. Now from the year 2020 ISRO has stated shortlisting of candidates on the basis of score card of GATE.
If you do not get a good GATE score or not qualified in GATE Exam
- Apply to jobs which conduct separate exam:
- You can apply to the jobs which conduct a separate exam to recruit the vacancies of various organizations. See the complete list here.
- M.Tech admission in Universities/institutes:
- You can apply to various institutes/universities which conduct separate exams for taking M.Tech admission.
- Admission in IITs:
- Some of the courses in IISC/IITs do not require the GATE Score. You can apply to such courses to get admission to IITs.
Note: All Exams/Jobs information is posted on BYJU'S Exam Prep as soon as the notification releases. So candidates must apply to all possible opportunities from the above options and take the best option among their achievements.
If you aiming to crack GATE & ESE, Other PSU Exams then you must try Online Classroom Program to get unlimited access to all the live structured courses and unlimited mock tests from the following links:
ESE and GATE CE Online Classroom Program (25+ LIVE Courses and 150+ Mock Tests)
ESE and GATE ME Online Classroom Program (24+ LIVE Courses and 160+ Mock Tests)
ESE and GATE ECE Online Classroom Program (24+ LIVE Courses and 150+ Mock Tests)
ESE and GATE EE Online Classroom Program (25+ LIVE Courses and 190+ Mock Tests)
GATE CSE Online Classroom Program (21+ LIVE Courses and 100+ Mock Tests)
Click on the Links Below to Avail Test Series:
GATE CS Test Series (113+ Mock Tests)
ESE/GATE EC Test Series (150+ Mock Tests)
ESE/GATE EE Test Series (190+ Mock Tests)
ESE/GATE CE Test Series (150+ Mock Tests)
ESE/GATE ME Test Series (160+ Mock Tests)
All the best.
Sahi Prep Hai to Life Set Hai
Commentswrite a comment