Why Consider a PSUs?
There are several positives to applying for PSUs through GATE, as listed below:
- The final GATE score evaluation process conducted online keeps it transparent and unbiased. Hence the score is credible.
- PSU jobs are considered equally sought-after as government jobs, as they offer job security.
- Various incentives, medical aids, extended leaves are some of the added benefits.
- PSU jobs through the GATE score also offer career growth.
List of PSUs for Mechanical Engineering Through Gate
There are primarily three types of PSUs in India dependent on different parameters. The types of PSUs which offer recruitment for Mechanical engineering are Maharatna PSUs - BHEL, SAIL, IOCL, GAIL, etc., Navratna PSUs - BEL, Power Grid, Oil Indian Limited, etc. and Mini-Ratna PSUs - Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, THDC India Limited, PEC Limited, etc.
Here is the list of PSUs:
- Indian Oil
- SAIL (Steel Authority of India Ltd.)
- EIL (Engineer India Limited)
- MRPL (Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemical Limited)
- NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation Pvt. Ltd.)
- ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation)
- NPCIL (Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited
- BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited)
- BPCL (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited)
- MDSL (Medium-Speed Digital Subscriber Line)
- DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation)
- DDA (Delhi Development Authority)
- NFL (National Fertilizers Limited)
- RITES (Rail India Technical and Economic Services Private Limited)
- CEL (Central Electronics Limited)
- HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited)
- THDC (Tehri Hydro Development Corporation Limited)
- ECIL (Electronics Corporation of India Limited)
- NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation)
These are the 21 PSUs that recruit mechanical engineers through the GATE exam. The last year’s cutoff marks were 72.66 and the GATE AIR till 1106.
Eligibility Criteria for Applying PSU Recruitment
Candidates are advised to read the instructions on the PSU websites to check the eligibility criteria set for the application process. While having a valid GATE score is a criterion, various PSUs may have additional requirements that candidates must meet. Some basic requirements to apply are:
- Candidates must have a valid GATE score for the current year.
- The age limit is typically between 21 to 28 years.
- Minimum qualification is B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidates should be medically fit.
Procedure to Apply for PSU Recruitment
Various PSUs publish notifications for recruitment on their websites. Candidates must fill in all essential fields with accurate information and attach a scanned image of their signature and photograph. All candidates who wish to be considered for a position in one of the PSUs must submit an application fee.
While most PSUs recruit candidates through GATE scores, some companies might arrange group discussions, descriptive examinations, and/or personal interviews.
Steps to Fill Online Application Form for PSU Recruitment
- Go to the website of the concerned PSU.
- Click on the application form on the homepage.
- Fill in all details in the form as required.
- Keep all your academic documents ready at hand.
- Upload photo and signature in the prescribed format.
- Complete the payment of application fees through the payment portal.
- Review the application form and click the submit button.
- Download the application form and fee receipt for future references.
What makes PSU recruitment so popular?
We now know that PSUs are not just important for job seekers but for the Indian economy as well. They provide assets, a good environment, and the opportunity to work in the top national government companies. But what makes PSU recruitment so popular? There are a lot of factors that contribute to the popularity of PSU recruitment. Although the entire process is based on your GATE score, here are some factors that also play an important role.
- The GATE score is a computer-based test that makes it unbiased in nature. This is a very reliable exam, and at the time of recruitment, it won’t let the students feel unfair.
- All the PSUs have one important thing to offer and that is a good salary. Apart from offering a lifetime job to the deserving candidate, it ensures a steady increment throughout.
- All the PSUs award ability, capability, and seniority to all the employees throughout the year.
- Apart from having a good salary and a steady job; PSUs also host many other benefits. Although different companies have different norms, here are some common ones amongst them. The selected candidates are given house allowances, healthcare facilities, and much more.
- There are a lot of additional benefits as well including foreign trips, extended leaves, and many more. It depends on the candidate’s post, their supervisors, and working equations.
- Most of the PSUs have a great policy structure that helps every candidate to understand, access, and work on their strengths. If not for the current situation, this helps the candidate to build a character for the long term.
If you are planning on completing your Bachelors in Technology and specifically in Mechanical Engineering, then the above-given list is going to be useful for you. All you need to do is clear the cutoff marks and match up to the GATE result that’s demanded.
If you target any of these PSUs, it is not just a high salary that you will be offered but a whole lot of other things. And if you are looking for a stable job, this is the right opportunity for you.
The following articles are useful for preparing for the GATE Exam:
- Expert exam day strategy to crack GATE Exam
- How to use Virtual Calculator for GATE 2022
- Topper's strategy for GATE Exam preparation
If you aiming to crack GATE & ESE, Other PSU Exams then you must try Gradeup Super to get unlimited access to all the live structured courses and unlimited mock tests from the following links:
Sahi Prep Hai To Life Set Hai