Although this is the mentality of some people, that Government job is kinda permanent job but this is not so. If you will work anywhere, nobody in a private firm will take away your job. Although in some companies there are cases when they hire freshers when a senior employee is not able to perform well, and they will get high energy professionals at low prices but it is not the case with every company.
Junior Engineers get posted in various Government Organizations or Departments according to their subject line and requirement raised by each department respectively. For example, a Junior Engineer specialized in mechanics will get the posting in the Mechanical Department of the respective Central Government Organization.
Work Profile of Junior Engineer: Roles & Responsibilities
A newly recruited Junior Engineer will be given charge of a section in the respective allocated organizations. He or she will be responsible for various functions carried out in their respective departments. It starts from taking stock of daily work done by the laborers to making plans for the next day involving allotment of work, supervising, etc.
Here are the major roles and responsibilities performed by a Junior Engineer in their respective Government Departments:
- JE Work in Railway: A Junior Engineer work in Railway is done in the RRB.
- Supervision of Work: In the initial days, this is the main function of an engineer as this provides the best opportunity to understand the functions of an organization.
- Planning: This part will start from a small level as making plans and estimates from a repair or renovation work and then a junior engineer will need to make exhaustive planning for flagship activities carried out by his or her section
- Accounts: A junior engineer is responsible for maintaining the stock of his or her section along with passing bills for work done by the contractor or for any expenditure incurred by the section
- Scheme Execution: In the organizations where the junior engineers will be posted, there are various government schemes being executed and Junior Engineers need to ensure smooth flow of work related to these schemes
- Assisting Superiors: A junior engineer is the boss of his or her section and therefore, any briefing required for the section will be taken from the Junior Engineer. If his or her section is dealing with an important project, he or she has to report to the higher authority on a daily basis
Salary Structure of SSC Junior Engineer (JE) after 7th Pay Commission
The salary structure of various government positions have been upgraded after the implementation of 7th Pay Commission.
The 7th Pay Commission salary of various government positions can be calculated in the below manner:
New Pay = (Basic pay as on 1st January 2016 * 2.57) + All allowances applicable to the post
The pay band of Junior Engineer falls under Level-6 of pay matrix of 7th pay commission is Rs.35400-112400/- with effect from 5th January 2018 to 08th January 2018. The in-hand salary of SSC JE as per the new commission will be Rs. 44,000 per month including all the other allowances which are:
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Medical Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Travelling Allowances
- Other Special Allowances, etc.
Junior Engineer (JE) Growth Opportunities
The growth opportunities are decent and if one passes various departmental exams conducted by the concerned department, there is no reason one will not rise to higher ranks. A Junior Engineer can be promoted to two senior designations which are:
- Assistant Engineer
- Executive Engineer
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Online classroom program for all AE & JE Exams:
BYJU’S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program for AE & JE Exams (12+ Structured LIVE Courses)
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Test series specially designed for all AE & JE Exams:
BYJU’S Exam Prep Test Series AE & JE Get Unlimited Access to all (160+ Mock Tests)
Team BYJU’S Exam Prep
Download BYJU’S Exam Prep APP, for the best Exam Preparation, Free Mock tests, Live Classes.
Commentswrite a comment