The SSC CGL Tier 1 exam will be conducted from 11 April to 21 April 2022. The exam can be challenging, as the level of competition is really high, so ensure that you thoroughly prepare for it. For excelling in this exam, it is imperative to complete the entire syllabus, solve SSC CGL previous papers, and attempt mock tests to crack the exam and enhance your time-management skills. All this is only possible if you have an effective SSC CGL preparation strategy.
Given the fact that the examination is just around the corner, it is mandatory to focus on how you can potentially review the SSC CGL syllabus 2022 quickly in order to score a commendable 160+ in the SSC CGL 2022. We have formulated SSC CGL last-minute preparation tips to help you score the highest marks in your SSC CGL Tier 1 exam 2022.
SSC CGL Preparation Tips for Tier 1 Exam
The SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is approaching, so the best way forward would be to go through your notes and focus on the problematic areas. It is strongly recommended that you do not start a new topic or chapter at this point in time. Go through the important rules, topics, and formulas and attempt questions that are related to them. This will help you apply the concepts and formulas and reinforce your learning. However, to help you complete this journey of learning, we have enlisted a few last minute preparation tips for SSC CGL that will help you get prepared for scoring high in the SSC CGL Exam 2022:
- It is important to prepare a list of all the main topics and tick them off as you revise them and are confident of the concepts/skills.
- Ensure that you thoroughly revise and practice the topics that you are not so confident about.
- Make it a regular practice to attempt previous year paper or mock test, to get in the flow.
- Do not purchase new material or study from multiple books. Stick to one book that is comprehensive and highly recommended.
- There are certain things that you must do daily for your SSC CGL last-minute preparation which are- reading the newspaper, finishing 2-3 reading comprehensions, revising quantitative concepts and jotting down antonyms and synonyms.
- Scoring 160+ requires a lot of hard work and focus, for that, stay away from distractions such as your mobile phone for at least a month prior to the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam.
- Time management is of the essence, not only in preparation but also during the exam. Make sure you time yourself while attempting a past paper/mock test and keep bettering yourself.
- Dedicate equal time to each section and manage your time accordingly.
- It is also essential to stay relaxed during your preparation time, as last-minute stress and anxiety can get the better of you. Do take breaks between your long revision hours.
- It is also crucial to sleep for at least 6-7 hours every day and have a nourishing home-cooked diet. Healthy food and rest are essential as they allow your brain to concentrate more and perform better.
- Remember that negative marking is there for every question answered incorrectly. Do not make wild guesses. If you are not sure about a particular answer, then it is better to move to the ones you are more confident about. Try not to lose precious marks to guesswork.
If you have followed these SSC CGL last-minute preparation tips with great dedication and discipline, then you would definitely be prepared to write the SSC CGL Tier 1 with confidence. Constant and consistent revision of all the topics is crucial to understand and gain confidence.
Last-Minute Study Plan for SSC CGL 2022
The SSC CGL is an objective type examination that is conducted online. It has four main sections that have 25 questions in each. Each section accounts for 50 marks each; hence the maximum number of marks in the exam is 200. The downside is that the candidate will get negatively marked for each wrong answer by 0.5.
The duration of the SSC CGL exam is one hour (60 minutes); hence, it requires excellent time management skills to complete the paper accurately and on time.
At this juncture, your exam is days away, and there might be a lot of topics that you feel need revision. To achieve 160+ in review, it is essential to follow the right SSC CGL Last-Minute Preparation Tips where you can fit in a gist of all the topics and concepts in less time. Here is a SSC CGL Preparation Plan that we have devised where you can quickly revise through the main areas in just 10 minutes and pass the test with flying colours.
SSC CGL Section
Time Duration for learning and preparing
Concepts to focus on
12 - 14 minutes
This is the easiest section and also an unpredictable one. Go through 2-3 question types that you have strengthened recently.
6 - 8 minutes
Quickly scan through a timeline of important political events in the past 3 decades
8 - 10 minutes
It is next to impossible to revise all the topics, hence simply go through a list of antonyms-synonyms that you have prepared.
18 - 20 minutes
Go through the formulae and rules that will help you answer the questions in this section.
Revisit the Questions
8 - 16 minutes
During this time you can attempt the questions that you have skipped and want to revisit.
If you are keen to score 160+, then it is important that you should have cleared your basic concepts over the previous month with a clear-cut SSC CGL preparation strategy. However, now you have a few days remaining, so ensure that you are able to get in a comprehensive revision of all the four sections through notes that you might have taken.
|Fill this SSC CGL Feedback form to share your SSC CGL 2021-22 Exam Experience with us: SSC CGL Feedback Form (Click Here)|
Section-Wise SSC CGL Last Minute Preparation Tips
1. Quantitative Aptitude
The most scoring topics in Quantitative Aptitude are Data Interpretation, Mensuration, Geometry and Arithmetic as the questions will every basic. Hence, revise through the relevant math formulae and scan through the various short-cut methods of solving problems which will help you improve your speed. So, go through your square roots and times tables for getting that extra edge as speed matters in this section.
The English section tests your reading comprehension, grammar and vocabulary skills. During the last few minutes, go through your list of antonyms and synonyms, rules of tenses and phrasal verbs.
The Reasoning section is all about your problem-solving and critical thinking skills. The questions asked here are unpredictable but have a set pattern. During the last few minutes, attempt specific items that you find tricky. Remember to spend not too much time, and focus on speed and accuracy.
4. General Knowledge
Most questions in the General Knowledge section have questions from static GK and current affairs over the last three months. Scan through a timeline of events in recent times and possible other history timelines that you wish to revise. Remember, you only have a few minutes to revise, so go through topics that you find the most difficult.
It is suggested that you utilize the last few minutes of your revision in a manner that is swift and comprehensive. The last-ditch learning, which involves cramming information and formulae, is definitely not recommended. Follow this revision strategy, after having completed a thorough revision of all the sections, to move closer to your goal of scoring 160+ in the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam 2022.
Your hard work and efforts towards exhaustively and meticulously revising all the topics related to the four sections will definitely give you positive results, and keep you remain calm and collected during the exam. It is crucial to remain relaxed with a measure of confidence as you have managed to revise all the crucial topics even in a limited 10-minute timeframe. Focus on accuracy and manage your time wisely.
All The Best !!!
Prepare for SSC CGL 2022 with BYJU'S Exam Prep
SSC CGL 2021: लक्ष्य / Target Batch (New Course) | Available in Hindi and English
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections