SSC JE 2021 Exam: The most crucial time during the preparation of the aspirant is the last few days before the SSC JE exam. The last few days cannot be fully utilized by the students if not properly channelized. Even a little ignorance can cost a lot. To avoid such circumstances, proper planning, a solid mental attitude and a stress-free mind will prove beneficial for the candidate's success. To track your SSC JE Mains Exam 2021 preparation in the right direction, we have compiled a list of the best revision tips during the last few days that will result in a maximum output without deviation.
Here are some of the suggestions that will assist students in planning their last-minute preparations for the SSC JE Paper 2 Exam 2021 in order to attain success.
Important Facts about SSC JE Paper 2
- If you observe the SSC JE paper pattern of mains from 2005 up to 2018, most of the questions have been repeated without even changing the data or similar questions has been asked. Also, some questions were directly asked from ESE in previous years (easy ones only).
- But in 2019 mains SSC switched to QCAB (questions cum answer booklet) i.e you have a fixed space to write your answer for each question. So last year paper was comparatively very easy since most of the questions were directly asked from SSC JE previous year papers itself and others were one-liner questions. For example, they are asking about workability for the last three years.
- You may think that if the paper was easy then everyone will get 200-250 or even more. No, it doesn't work like that. You only Get 2 Hours to solve 5 questions having 300 marks and trust me that's not an easy task. Even UPSC gives 3 hours time for 300 marks paper but here you only have 2 hours.
Last-Minute Tips for SSC JE Paper 2 Preparation
Follow the below revision tips & preparation strategy to revise or consider important things before writing SSC JE Paper 2:
- Try to write as fast as you can but be careful about the mistakes in calculations as there are chances that you may make mistakes in reading questions, solving numerical, wrong calculations on the calculator.
- In order to attempt more questions in 2 hours, don't skip steps because eventually lead to a deduction in marks.
- Don't go for any new subject or topic in the last few days. Focus only on already completed or revised topics.
- You have to maintain a balance between SPEED (to attempt full paper) and ACCURACY (to get full marks in whatever you have attempted ). Here the role of Mock Tests becomes inevitable as they maintain the balance between the above two.
- If you have finished SSC JE Previous Years and ESE Previous Years (easy questions) then you can practice new questions in the test series to improve speed accuracy and speed.
- Revise topics like formulae, design steps, etc with maximum weightage like soil gets almost 70-100 marks every year so this subject should be done religiously. Also, RCC, building material etc also carries good weightage and requires remembering design steps.
- If you have started your preparation recently then I will recommend you not to go for test series but improve your speed and accuracy by solving previous years again and again. Most of the coaching put the difficult questions in test series but SSC has never asked such difficult questions. So don't get demotivated if you're not able to do test series questions. In 2018 many students got 160/180 or 200/230 or 220/280 or 240/290 and there were also those who got 150/270 or 130/250 or 120/300 So Accuracy matters.
- Check if your calculator is working properly or not.
- Take care of yourself with a proper diet and rest.
For more details about SSC JE Exam: Click here
How to Attempt SSC JE Paper 2 2021?
- First, try to complete all numerical because these are the questions that will fetch you full marks irrespective of how lengthy their solution is.
- In theory, there is much variation in marks depends on the examiner still in theory you will get a maximum of 75 per cent Marks (exceptions are there) even if you have written everything properly.
- Write the solution of numerical questions stepwise like Data given, what is to be calculated, the formula to be used, and then the complete solution.
- For theory questions, it is better to write point-wise instead of in paragraphs as it will create a positive impact on the teacher.
- You have to write only 1-1.5 pages in each question so only focus on remembering the key points rather than mugging up theory.
- Don't leave any questions, at least write basic information about the questions that you don't know that will get some marks for sure as checking is done stepwise.
Check SSC JE Paper 2 Cutoff: Click here
Check SSC JE Paper 2 Admit Card: Click here
Check SSC JE Syllabus: Click here
Check SSC JE Exam Pattern: Click here
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Online classroom program for all AE & JE Exams:
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Test series specially designed for all AE & JE Exams:
Team BYJU’S Exam Prep
Download BYJU’S Exam Prep APP, for the best Exam Preparation, Free Mock tests, Live Classes.