A clear idea of the CDS 1 2022 exam pattern is a must
Number of Questions
Note: Those who choose OTA as their preference cannot appear for Elementary Mathematics exam.
Focus on areas that you are strong:
The aspirants are advised to not prepare any new topics just before the examination but focus on the already prepared topics.
The aspirants are advised not to prepare any new topics before the examination but to focus on already prepared topics. This should be supported by revising formulas, notes etc.
A much-refined approach is to solve previous year papers to get an idea of what kind of question can be asked from your strong topic.
Revise the factual data:
A quick revision of data with facts such as dates, names of organization, rivers, national parks, dams etc. would be really fruitful and would boost your chances of getting the correct answer.
Time Management is imperative as if you get stuck on one question esp in Maths, it would take a lot of time.
Please keep in mind that there is a negative marking of each question answered wrong. There is a penalty of 1/3rd marks allotted to each question if answered wrong. So in the case of English and GA, the penalty for the wrong answer is 0.266. While in Maths it is 0.33.
The papers are in qualifying nature, i.e you need to get a minimum of 20% (i.e. 20 marks) of marks in each paper. Apart from this, there will be an overall cutoff for each preference (IMA, INA, AFA, and OTA).
English Language Tips For CDS 1 2022
- For Synonyms and Antonyms revise the list of words that was earlier made by you.
- When attempting the cloze test, try eliminating the wrong answers to derive the correct answers.
- For Active/Passive: the general rule of conversion from active to passive voice is:
object + be/is/are/was/am/been/being/etc. + past participle by verb + by + subject
The second term varies as per the verb of the sentence
- Sentence Rearrangement: Identify connecting words such as “if”, “but” they will not be the first sentence. The last sentences will have words “therefore”, “thus” etc. The sentence with some introduction can be zeroed in as the first sentence.
Elementary Mathematics Tips For CDS 1 2022
Revise the list of formulae for the following topics:
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Time and Work
- LCM and HCF
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Profit & Loss
- Surface Area and Volume
General Knowledge Tips For CDS 1 2022
- Revise important dates of battles, important governors-general, freedom struggle for History
- For Geography make a list of dams, rivers and national parks in India.
- For Political Science, important provisions in the constitution, president, Courts, committees etc.
- For General Science make a list of formulae of laws, inventions, diseases caused by the deficiency of vitamins etc.
- For Current Affairs go through the last 5-6 months important news.
Do’s and Don’t for the CDS 1 2022 Exam:
- Do not panic once the exam starts.
- Do read the questions properly first
- Spending too much time on one question is worthless.
- Do not make wild guesses as it would be much more detrimental than beneficial.
- Do not forget to take a print of Admit Card, Black Pen, and ID proof.
A lot of you must be nervous and feeling that preparation is not up to the mark, I request you all to be patient, keep calm and think about how you'll approach the paper. Remember, you just need to qualify CDS 1 2022 exam. Make sure about the last year's cut off and attempt questions effectively.
It is quite widely said "Common sense is not common in common people" so read the questions clearly and answer using your common sense.
“Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Till your good is better and your better is best”
All the best for your exams.
DS 1 2022 is not far away, you have to prepare hard from today onwards. You can attempt the CDS & Defence Test Series that will help you to get a brief idea of your preparation and will help you to plan the best strategies for the CDS 1 2022 Exam. You can also enrol in our Classroom Program which will boost up your chances to get succeed in the CDS 1 2022 Exam. You can also check 2500+ Selections in CDS & Defence - BYJU'S Exam Prep Hall of Fame and try to get into our Hall of Fame.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App