According to the official notification released by the University of Mysore, the new KSET Exam date is 25th July 2021. University of Mysore, Mysore is the Nodal Agency recognized by the UGC, New Delhi for conducting the Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) for Assistant Professor since 2010.
Strictly adhering to the guidelines stipulated by the UGC-NET Bureau, KSET center, the University of Mysore will be conducting State Eligibility Test once in a year to make a rigorous merit-based selection for the entry-level of the teaching profession. Currently, KSET is conducting tests in 41 subjects at eleven (11) Nodal Centers spread across the Karnataka State.
KSET 2021 Notification: Important Dates
As per the public notice released by the KSET center, University of Mysore, here are the important dates of the exam of KSET 2021:
Name of the Event
KSET Official Notification
Sat 06th February 2021
KSET Online Application begins
Mon 08th February 2021
KSET Last date for submission of online application
Sun 07th March 2021
KSET Last date for submission of online application with late fee of Rs.250/-
Sat 20th Mar 2021
KSET Last date for submission of hard copy of the Application form along with Attendance slip to the respective Nodal Centers
Mon 22th March 2021
KSET Application fee
General- 1150/; Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB: 950/-, Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD: 650/-
KSET Exam Date 2021
25th July 2021
KSET Exam Admit card 2021
To be announced
KSET Last date to Apply Online
- Earlier the last to apply online with a late fee was 13th March.
- It has been extended to 20th March.
- Candidates can apply online with late fees of Rs. 250 till 20th March.
- KSET Exam has been postponed.
- The new Date of KSET Exam will be announced soon.
KSET 2021 Notification: Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for KSET Exam: Below we have given the eligibility criteria for applying online
- A candidate must possess a Master’s degree in the relevant subject, in order to apply for this exam.
- Candidates who have secured n Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi or in the subjects opted for KSET, at least :
- 55% of marks (without rounding off) for general category
- 50% for Schedule Category (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST),Persons with Disability (PWD), OBCs i.e., Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB, i i
- Final Year Students can also appear for this exam, subject to the fact that they complete their course with required eligibility requirement : within two years from the date of KSET result, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates shall appear for KSET in their relevant subject of their post-graduation only, in case the candidate did not find the subject of his/her post-graduation in the list of KSET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year. ( NTA UGC EXAM 2021 Notification)
- There is no upper age limit to apply for KSET-2021, for students applying for Assistant Professor
How to fill Application Form for KSET EXAM 2021?
CANDIDATES CAN APPLY FOR KSET-2021 IN “ONLINE” MODE ONLY. THE APPLICATION IN ANY OTHER MODE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM MAY BE DONE BY ACCESSING KSET WEBSITE
- For KSET Exam 2021 Registration on official Website
- Fill the KSET EXAM 2021 Application Form and Upload Scanned Documents
- Pay the Application Fee for KSET Exam 2021 as per your category
- Take Print of Confirmation page of Application Form
- Send by post/hand the hard copy of the Application form along with Attendance slip to the respective Nodal Centers
PLEASE NOTE :
- Last date for submission of hard copy of the Application form along with Attendance slip to the respective Nodal Centers is Mon 15th March 2021
- TEST CENTER ONCE SELECTED IS FINAL AND CHANGE OF CENTER WILL NOT BE ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
- PRINTOUT OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM SENT DIRECTLY TO THE KSET CENTER, MYSORE WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
KSET EXAM 2021 Notification: Selection Process
KSET Exam comprises of 2 papers, which are conducted online. These are:
- Paper-I (General - Common for all candidates)
- Paper-II (Subject-specific)
KSET Exam Syllabus and Pattern 2021
Here is the exam pattern of the KSET 2021 exam:
This exam consists of 50 questions and each question carries 2 marks, constituting a total of 100 marks.
This is the subject-specific exam which consists of total of 100 questions and each question carries 2 marks. This paper constitutes a total of 200 marks.
- There is no negative marking.
|Session||Paper||Max. Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 Compulsory questions||1 Hour (09.30 A.M to 10.30 A.M)|
|Second||II||200||100 Compulsory questions||2 Hours (11.00 A.M to 1.00 P.M)|
We have also shared the detailed syllabus can be downloaded from here for Paper-I & Paper-II. Go through this post for a better understanding.
Preparation Tips for upcoming KSET 2021
- Check the full syllabus and examination pattern of KSET EXAM thoroughly
- Start preparing for the exam with a time schedule
- Practice with the previous year’s question papers and their solution
- Keep revision of all topics from the topics on a daily basis
- Check your progress with mock tests
- Study carefully and do maintain your health.
Attempt Free Mega Mock Test for KSET Exams
We hope you all understood the process of filling the KSET EXAM 2021 application form.
All the best for your exams,
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep!