KAR TET stands for Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test and is conducted by the Government of Karnataka. It is an eligibility test for teaching in primary (classes I to V) and upper primary (classes VI to VIII) within the Karnataka state. Aspirants giving the test for the first time need assistance on how they can easily qualify the exam, for that we are sharing the preparation tips and strategy to crack KARTET 2020 in the first attempt. We will be discussing the right approach and time management necessary for KAR TET preparation, read on.
KAR TET 2020 Important Details
|Exam||Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Commonly Known as||KARTET|
|Conducted By||Karnataka School Education Board (KSEB)|
|Post||Teacher (Classes 1 to 5 & 6 to 8)|
|KARTET Exam Date||To be updated soon|
KAR TET 2020 Exam Pattern
- Language of the paper: English, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, and Marathi except for language papers.
- Mode of examination: Offline examination
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Duration of examination: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Number of questions: 150 questions
- Maximum Marks: 150 marks
KAR TET 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates should follow proper preparation tips to qualify the exam in the first attempt:-
1. Firstly read the syllabus and start your preparation accordingly. There are some subjects where one have to work hard while in another subject little preparation will work out. Prioritize subjects as per the level of difficulty. Candidates can also divide the syllabus into different categories in order to reduce the level of difficulty. For example:- categorize the specific subject into topics and then further according to interest level mark it as easy or difficult as difficult one topic need to be studied more number of times. Differently level will vary from candidate to candidate as some find theory part interesting while other may find practical part.
2. Secondly, the prospective candidate must go through the exam pattern via previous year question paper as it plays a major role in cracking the exam, as the candidate will become familiar with the structure of the question paper- types of questions and marking scheme. As, it is observed that candidates, who are unfamiliar with the exam pattern & syllabus, waste their lots of time on the topics that are irrelevant and not so much important.
3. Thirdly try to make detailed notes on each topic of all the subject as it helps a lot at the last moment of revision, especially for social science and pedagogy subjects. For mathematics prepare a proper list of formulae and short tricks.
4. Fourthly, try to practice as many mock tests and quizzes as you can. Mock tests are the only gateway to crack the exam with a good score. It is advisable to create an examination hall environment and then try to attempt the mock test. As it helps in time management skills also increase once efficiency in solving paper.
5. Fifthly, religiously try to devote 2 to 3 hours on a daily basis in order to score above average as the syllabus is bit vast and trust yourself and maintain a positive attitude and spirit of confidence prepare a proper timetable as per your convenience, design an effective timetable in which no topic is left unprepared as timetable plays a vital role in preparing effectively.
6. Sixthly before the exam date try to revise the syllabus at least twice and must practice previous year question paper in order to increase speed in solving question because it is observed that many questions are repeated from the previous year question paper.
7. Try to prefer books of the renowned publication in order to maintain the authenticity of the study material and stick to only 2 to 3 books in spite of referring many books.
KAR TET 2020 Preparation Strategy
1. Candidates need to be flexible in approach while preparing for KARTET and they should practise the mock test in order to manage the time in answering the question in the exam.
2. Candidates should increase their reading speed as some question are long, for example:- English section has a comprehensive passage, it will consume the time of the candidate, so this will help in saving the time of the candidate.
3. As there is no negative marking in KARTET, so do not leave any question unanswered. Try to attempt all the questions.
4. Never stuck on the questions that you are finding difficult. Remember the concept of ‘one minute per question’. If you are unable to recall the definition, formulae related to the question jump to another question.
5. Maintain a register in which all the notes related to the subject of KARTET is included and to summarize all the main points related to every topic within 3 to 4 pages for each subject. As it will help the candidate at the last moment to quickly have a glance.
6. Divide the time available to you according to the date of the exam, it is advisable to give 2 to 3 hours daily to the preparation and half hour daily to revision and mock test, previous year paper is the key to check the preparation mode.
Prep Smart. Stay Safe. Go BYJU'S Exam Prep.
Commentswrite a comment