Important Dates for Jawaharlal Nehru University PhD Admission 2022:
NTA will conduct the exam online mode. The online Application Form may be submitted by accessing the website. Application Forms other than online mode will not be accepted.
Online Submission of Application Form began
31 October 2022
Last date for applying online
20 November 2022
7-10 December 2022
Admit card date
To Be Announced Soon
Declaration of PhD result for viva-voce
To Be Announced Soon
M.Phil./Ph.D. Admission 2022 - Application Form
JNU Application Form 2022 for PhD Admission
Candidates must go through the given steps for the application process. These steps are given for a smooth process of the application form.
Step 1: Go to the official website and click on PhD registration from 2022 to register.
Step 2: The application form will open on the next page after registration. Fill in the details asked in the application form very carefully.
Step 4: In the next step, upload the scanned photo and signature and pay the fee.
Step 5: After the final submission, take a printout of the final application form for future reference.
JNU PhD 2022 - Application fee
PhD and M.phil
JNU M.phil/PhD program is offered in numerous specializations via 16 schools and centers, as listed below:
- School of International Studies
- School Of Language, Literature, And Culture Studies
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Environmental Studies
- School of Computer System and Sciences
- School Of Physical Sciences
- School Of Computational And Integrative Sciences
- School Of Arts And Aesthetics
- School of Biotechnology
- School Of Sanskrit And Indic Studies
- Special Centre for The Study Of North East India
- Special Centre for Molecular Medicine
- Centre for Law And Governance
- Special Centre for Nanosciences
- Special Centre for Disaster Research
JNU Eligibility criteria for admission into PhD
Only those candidates shall be considered for admission to the PhD Program that satisfies the given eligibility criteria.
(a) Obtained 2 years M.Phil Degree with at least 55% marks of a recognized University/Institution (with dissertation/seminar/viva) or one year M.Phil with 55% marks with other one-year research experience of a recognized University/Institution and one publication and 55% marks or equivalent in Master’s Degree/BE/B.Tech.
(b) Master’s Degree/BE/B.Tech with 55% marks or equivalent Grade ‘B’ in UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- Relaxation to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)
- There is no age limit for applying for an M.Phil/PhD.
JNU Eligibility criteria for admission into M.Phil
- Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in the subject applied.
- Relaxation to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/Differently abled as per the UGC Regulations 2016.
JNU PhD Admission Exam Pattern
The exam is conducted in the form of a computer-based test (LAN-based CBT). During the exam, candidates will be asked MCQ-type questions. Check the essential details of the exam below:
- The language will be English. However, there may be exceptions to language courses.
- A correct answer with 1, 2, 3, or 4 marks (the weight of each question may vary from program to program).
- Mode of Examination-LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test)
- Duration- 3 Hours
- Type of Questions-Multiple Choice Question
- Number of Questions- 100.
- Marks per question- 1 (one) for each correct response
- No negative marking for an incorrect response
- The medium of Paper- English only (Language courses may have exceptions)
JNU PhD Admission 2022 Exam Center
The JNU PhD exam will be conducted in the following states. Candidates can select any state from the given list of states easily accessible from home. Selecting the right center plays a big role on exam day.
- ANDHRA PRADESH
- ARUNACHAL PRADESH
- HIMACHAL PRADESH
- JAMMU AND KASHMIR
- MADHYA PRADESH
- TAMIL NADU
- UTTAR PRADESH
- WEST BENGAL
We hope you get an idea about the program. Please apply before the date ends.
Also Register For Our Workshop On the Best Strategy To Cover Political Science For UGC NET.
Commentswrite a comment