In the following article, you will have complete details for J & K State Eligibility Test 2021 from important dates, selection process, eligibility criteria to the application fees. University of Jammu (Nodal Agency) will be conducting JKSET 2021 in 38 subjects. This is a state-level Eligibility test for Assistant Professor in Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh Universities and Colleges.
JKSET 2021 Notification: Important Dates
As per the public notice released here are the important dates of the exam of JKSET 2021:
Name of the Event
JKSET Official Notification
|10th December 2021|
JKSET Online Application begins
|20th December 2021|
JKSET Last date for submission of online application and fee submission
|24th January 2022|
JKSET Application fee
|General- Rs. 1000/-, OBC-NCL- Rs. 880/-, SC/ST/Transgender/ PwD- Rs. 660/-|
JKSET Exam Date 2021
|24th July 2022|
JKSET Exam Admit card 2021
|12 July 2022|
JKSET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can find eligibility criteria to apply for JKSET 2021 Exam, below:
- Candidates who have achieved 55% or more of the points or equivalent marks in their Master's Degree from universities/Institutions approved by UGC are eligible to apply to JKSET/ LASET.
- There would be a relaxation of 5% in the minimum marks required for the SC/ST/Other Reserved Class/ Persons with Disabilities (PwD)/ Transgender Candidates.
- Candidates who have cleared or have appeared in their master's exam and candidates whose results are still awaited or whose exams have been postponed can also apply for JKSET/LASET.
- However, these candidates must be provisionally allowed only and will be accepted as an assistant professor after passing the Master's exam or equivalent 55% or higher grades (50% grades for candidates for the SC/ST/OBC/PwD category).
- PhD awarded candidates who have completed the master's program by September 19 In 1991 (regardless of the date of declaration of results), a total of 5% relaxation is allowed in the minimum marks required.
- Candidates should only appear for their post-graduation subject. The candidate whose post-graduation subjects are not included in the course list may appear in UGC-NET/
UGC-CSIR Test held on a regular basis.
- As per the official notification by the agency, there is no Upper Age limit for JKSET.
- NET/SLET/SET remains the minimum requirement for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors at universities/colleges/institutions. Exemption in this regard is subject to UGC regulations and changes published in the official bulletin from time to time.
- Candidates who passed the UGC/CSIR JRF exam before 1989 are also excluded from the appearance of SET.
- The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET/SLET) accredited by UGC for Lecturership/Assistant Professorship held prior to 1st June 2002 are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
- For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
JKSET EXAM 2021 Online Application Form
Candidates will be able to apply only from 20th December. The application form will be available online on the JKSET website.
- The first step for candidates is to go to the University of Jammu website at jammuuniversity.ac.in and find the link for JKSET/LASET and click on it. Read important information about submitting the application online before proceeding.
- Pay your exam fee online via a payment gateway using your credit card/direct debit Card/net banking. Please remember to note the reference number after registering yourself.
- Register with your payment reference number and note down the password. Select the UT you want to apply for and upload the latest Photo and signature. The photo and signature should be a recent photo (jpg/jpeg file, size less than 50Kb) visible including ears on a white background.
- Please fill in all the correct information on the online application form. Please fill in the required fields on the form that contain relevant information. Enter your personal information, contact information, academic information and government ID No. and JKSET/LASET centre and subject selection in the application properly.
- Make a note of the application number generated by the system for future use and take a printout of the final form.
JK SET Exam Pattern 2021
The Test will consist of two papers with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and will be held in two separate sessions as follows:
Multiple Choice Questions
50 Questions - all Compulsory
(2 Marks each)
(10:00 A.M. to
1 Hour 30 minutes
(11:00 A.M. to
100 Questions - all compulsory
(2 Marks each)
- Paper-1 shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. The paper will consist of 50 (fifty) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs); each question will carry 2 Marks.
- Paper-2 will consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions; each question carries 2 marks, which will be based on the subject selected by the Candidate.
- There is no negative mark for wrong answers.
- All the questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering the entire syllabi.
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I and Paper-II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet which will be provided along with the test booklet.
JKSET Subjects and Syllabus 2021
Paper-1 is common for all subjects and the exam will be conducted in both English and Tamil. Paper-2 is subject-specific and the syllabus is exactly similar to the syllabus of UGC NET. Syllabus of Paper-2 Subjects can be downloaded from the UGC NET Website.
|00 General Paper (Paper-I)|
|01 Chemical Sciences|
|02 Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences|
|03 Life Sciences|
|04 Mathematical Sciences|
|05 Physical Sciences|
|06 Arab Culture & Islamic Studies|
|08 Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian, & Peace Studies|
|10 Computer Science & Applications|
|16 Environmental Sciences|
|20 Home Science|
|23 Library & Information Science|
|26 Mass Communication & Journalism|
|30 Physical Education|
|31 Political Science|
|33 Public Administration Science|
|36 Social Work|
We hope you all understood the process of filling the JKSET EXAM 2021 application form.
All the best for your exams,
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep
Sahi prep hai to life set hai!!