A tremendous amount of hard work and dedication is required for the preparation of JEE Main and Advanced. If you put in your 100% effort and prepare for these exams with perseverance, you will be awarded a seat in one of the premier engineering institutes of the country.
With a year left for the commencement of JEE Main and Advanced 2020, students have ample time in their hands. They need to concentrate on finishing the syllabus first and then start with sectional tests, and at the end should proceed to full-length mock tests.
Mock tests are a significant tool to get a good score in the examination. Attempting mock tests will help you in increasing your speed. Also, the analysis of the mock test will prove to be beneficial for monitoring your progress, and you can work on your weaknesses.
But before we reveal the secrets of how to make the most of the mock tests in preparing for the examination, it is essential that students know the most important topics for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, so that they can plan their preparation strategy accordingly.
Subject-wise Important Topics for JEE Main and Advanced
To help students get an idea about the most commonly asked topics, our experts have compiled a list of the most important topics for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Units and Dimensions
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductors and Electronic Devices
- Simple Harmonic Motion and Waves
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Modern Physics
- Solid State Chemistry
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Hydrocarbons and related reactions
- Ionic Equilibrium
- Mole Concept
- Periodic Table and Properties of Elements
- Biomolecules and Polymers
- Applications of Organic Chemistry
- Complex Numbers
- Sequence and Series
- Theory of Equations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Vector Algebra
- Trigonometry and its Applications
- 3-D Coordinate Geometry
- Limits and Derivatives
- Differential and Integral Calculus
- Probability and Statistics
How to Use Mock Tests Effectively
Mock tests can prove to be a major tool in improving your JEE score, provided you know how to use these mock tests to your advantage. Following points will elucidate how mock tests can help you in improving your performance:
- Helps in analyzing the paper pattern: When you appear for a mock test, you can know the types of questions which are asked in the examination. You can segregate the questions into various topics and practice accordingly.
- Assists you in correcting your mistakes and learning alternative solutions: When you attempt a mock test, and after finishing it, you can carry out its analysis. Go through your mistakes, learn from them, and attempt the questions again. Mock tests also provide an alternative solution which teaches you to solve the question in minimum time.
- Boosts your confidence: Students often find themselves sweating and hyperventilating when they enter the examination centre. It is not because they haven’t studied; it is because they haven’t practised, and hence, they lack confidence. Mock tests can be your saviour and provide you with that much-needed confidence as solving ample questions will make you confident to face the examination boldly.
- Results in effective time management: Mock tests help students in understanding the importance of time management required in the examination. If you use the mock tests of BYJU'S Exam Prep, the analysis will tell you the total time you have taken to complete the paper, your accuracy rate, the time spent in each correct as well as incorrect response, and much more.
- Helps in the conduction of topic-based analysis: Apart from the time-based report of your performance, you will also get a topic-based performance report stating your strong and weak areas. This report will help you in identifying your weak areas so that you can work towards improving those areas.
- Helps in tracking your performance: Mock tests help you to improve your performance. If you keep on appearing for mock tests regularly, it will improve your speed and accuracy, and you will see the impact it will have on your performance.
The stress of the examination can take a toll on your health. So, while preparing for JEE, it is equally essential to stay healthy. Eat properly and get the required amount of rest. Your preparation should never be at the cost of your health. With a healthy body and a sound mind, combined with a good strategy and ample practice of mock tests, you will surely be able to clear JEE Main and Advanced 2020.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App