What does JAIIB Stand for?
The Full Form of JAIIB is ‘Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of the Bankers’. JAIIB is a test conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance to assess someone’s knowledge of being employed as banking professionals. Not only does the test judge an individual’s capabilities in the areas of banking and financial services, but also other associated aspects - such as customer relationships, accounting, and financial technology, to name a few. If you’re a banker or a financial professional looking to get an edge in this highly competitive field, it is definitely a great idea to appear for the JAIIB.
Apart from learning the Full form of JAIIB, here are some quick facts about this highly competitive exam.
JAIIB Quick Facts
- Full Form of JAIIB - Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers.
- Bank clerks in Indian Banks and officers in Nationalised Banks are automatically eligible for a 1% increase in salary per annum, upon clearing the JAIIB exam.
- The JAIIB exam is held twice a year - one exam every May and November. The registrations close approximately two months before the examination (March and September every year). These dates are just tentative, and based on historical dates, and are subject to change - please check the IIBF website for the latest information.
- JAIIB is an instrumental exam for banking and finance professionals looking to be employed in similarly related fields like foreign exchange and treasury among others.
- The JAIIB exam consists of the following 3 papers, each with several modules:
- Principles and practices of banking
- Indian Financial System
- Function of Banks
- Banking Technology
- Support Services
- Ethics in Banks and Financial Institutions
- Accounting and Finance for bankers
- Business Mathematics and Finance
- Principles of Bookkeeping and accountancy
- Final Accounts
- Banking Operations
- Legal and Regulatory aspects of banking.
- Regulations and compliance
- Legal aspects of banking operations
- Banking Related Laws
- Commercial Laws w.r.t. Banking Operations
- The exams will be held online, and each exam will have 120 multiple-choice questions, to be finished in 2 hours.
- In order to clear JAIIB, a student should score a minimum of 50%. The candidate is allowed to score 45 marks on a paper if the aggregate total is above 50 (only if the marks are obtained in a single attempt)
Eligibility Criteria for JAIIB
To apply for JAIIB, you need to satisfy the following criteria:
- You should be a member of IIBF. If you aren’t a member, you can apply to be a member of IIBF, and after successful admission, you will be eligible to appear for the exam.
- You should have cleared the 12th standard board examination (irrespective of the stream). If you’re a clerical bank employee and have not cleared the 12th board exams, you can still appear for the JAIIB exam provided that you get a recommendation from your bank manager.
We hope this information was useful to you. Like the full form of JAIIB, you can learn from others our articles. This would be extremely beneficial for a banking exam.
- IVB Full Form
- APGVB Full Form
- IIFL Full Form
- KVB Full Form
- CIBIL Full Form
- HSBC Full Form
- LIC Full Form
- CUB Full Form