IRMS Recruitment Exam 2023: Composition Picture
The unification of eight existing services of Indian Railways through Civil Services IRMS vacancies of the Railway's (previously recruited through Indian Engineering Services) composition is shared below.
RAILWAY SERVICES - GROUP 'A'
Non-Technical from CSE
Technical From IRMS
Series of Events Till Date Regarding IRMS Recruitment Exam
The Union Cabinet announced the merger of 8 departments on 24th December 2019, and nearly two thousand twenty (2020) vacancies of ESE and CSE were withdrawn by Indian Railways with immediate effect. Other events about the IRMS recruitment exam 2023, which occurred after this merger, are shared below.
- On 5th August 2020, Members and DGs of the Railway Board interacted with representatives of various services, the Railways minister, and the Chairman.
- A letter was sent to the Minister of Railways and Railway Board by 5 General Secretaries of the Indian Railways Service of Engineers stating that recruitments of IRMS should be done through ESE on 12th August 2021.
- On 2nd December 2022, Indian Railways Stated recruitment of vacant pots through Indian Railways Management Services.
New Circular IRMS Recruitment Examination Notification
IRMS Recruitment Exam Notification 2023 (2nd Dec-2023, Press Release of Vacancies)
IRMS Recruitment Exam 2023 Key Highlights
IRMS recruitment exam 2023 will be conducted in three phases at various examination centers in India. Here are the key points related to the Indian Railways Management Services Exam 2023.
|Name of the Exam||Indian Railway Management Service Examination|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Examination Name||UPSC IRMS|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Vacancies||Nearly 150 (Tentative)|
IRMS Recruitment 2023: Important Dates
UPSC will use the UPSC CSE (civil services exam) prelims (MCQ-based) examination to screen a suitable number of candidates for the 2nd stage of the IRMS recruitment (mains examination or written examination). All candidates who want to appear for the IRMS recruitment mains exam 2023 should appear in Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination. A suitable number of candidates will only be screened for IRMS (Main) Examination through this exam. IRMS notification will be released in February 2023 with the IAS prelim examination.
|UPSC IRMS Notification through UPSC CSE Notification||1st February 2023|
|Last date of Receipt of the IRMS recruitment exam||21st February 2023|
|IRMS Prelims Exam Date||28th May 2023|
|IRMS Mains Exam Date||15th September 2023|
|IRMS Interview Exam Date||To be announced|
|IRMS Final Result||To be announced|
IRMS Vacancy 2023
IRMS vacancies 2023 details are mentioned in the table below. Indian Railways will recruit management-level candidates from the Indian Railways Management Services Examination (150 nos) through the CSE prelims exam and a separate mains exam. IRMS will be recruited in the following branches of Engineering from the four optional subjects.
- Civil Engineering (30 vacancies)
- Mechanical engineering (30 vacancies)
- Electrical Engineering (60 vacancies)
- Commerce and Accountancy (30 vacancies)
|Categories||No. of Vacancies|
|UR (Including EWS)||77|
|PH (OA and OL)||06|
IRMS 2023 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must have a degree in Commerce/degree in Engineering/ chartered accountancy from a recognized university by the Central or State Legislature in India, which AICTE or UGC should approve. Other eligibility criteria for IRMS recruitment exam 2023.
- An applicant should not be less than 21 years of age, and the maximum age should not be more than 32 years, similar to ESE eligibility criteria.
- The upper age limit for scheduled caste / scheduled tribes agreed is relaxable for 5 years and 3 years for other Backward Classes.
- Only engineers and commerce background candidates will be recruited to technical posts for the IRMS recruitment exam.
IRMS Exam Pattern 2023
UPSC IRMS Examination could have 3 kinds of stages in the examination. The exam pattern for prelims and Mains examinations is shared below.
- The prelims Exam will have a common GS paper for every technical and non-technical student, including History, Geography, Economics, and Polity of Intermediate level.
- The Prelims examination will be the same as the UPSC CSE exam pattern as the prelim exam examination will be the same for both services.
- The common candidates of the Civil Services (Main) Examination and IRMS (Main) Examination will appear in this paper.
- Candidates may opt for any of the aforesaid optional subjects for both these examinations or choose separate
optional subjects for these Examinations (one for the CSE (Main) and one for the IRMSE (Main)
as per the schemes of these two examinations.
- The main exam subjects like Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Commerce and Accountancy are for applicants who will get technical papers like the IES Mains exam in their fields of choice.
IRMS Recruitment Examination 2023: Department Choices
Group 'A' services of Indian Railways recruited from the Civil Services and Engineering Services exam are proposed to be linked with the IRMS recruitment exam 2023.
CSE Group 'A' Services
- Indian Railway Personnel Services
- Indian Railway Protection Force Services
- Indian Railway Traffic Services
- Indian Railway Accounts Services
Combined Engineering Services
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineering.
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineer
- Indian Railway Service of Civil Engineering.
- Indian Railway Stores Service is Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Telecommunication, and Electronics Engineering Posts.
- Indian Railway Services of Mechanical Engineers
IRMS Recruitment 2023: Selection Method
IRMS examination will be held for 4 fields, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Commerce and Accountancy. The complete selection procedure for the IRMS recruitment exam is shared below.
- The IRMS examination will be conducted in 3 stages: the Prelims exam, Mains Examination, and Personality test to be conducted by the Railway's board.
- The prelims examination will be an objective type examination.
- The Mains examination will be the subjective written description of various Engineering and Non-technical branches.
- After that, there will be an Interview round in which the panel will check management-level knowledge and general attentiveness of aspirants.
- After clearing all three stages, a medical test will be conducted, the final merit will be decided, and departments will be allocated.
You can also download the UPSC IES previous year papers for complete IRMS preparation. Follow BYJUS Exam Prep for all Government Engineering Jobs 2023.
BYJU'S Exam Prep wishes you Happy Learning!
Commentswrite a comment