IRMS Composition Picture
The unification of eight existing services of Indian Railways through Civil Services & ESE vacancies of Railway's composition is shared below.
RAILWAY SERVICES - GROUP 'A'
Non - Technical from CSE
Technical From ESE & SCRA
Series of Events Till Date Regarding IRMS
- The Union Cabinet announced the merger of 8 departments on 24th December 2019, and nearly two thousand twenty (2020) vacancies of ESE and CSE were withdrawn by Indian Railways by immediate effect.
- On 5th August 2020 Members and DGs of the Railway Board interacted with representatives of various services, the Railways minister, and the Chairman.
- A letter was sent to the Minister of Railways and Railway Board by 5 General Secretaries of the Indian Railways Service of Engineers stating that recruitments of IRMS should be done through ESE on 12th August 2021.
IRMS Exam 2022 Key Highlights
Here are the key points related to Indian Railways Managemen Services Exam 2022:
|Name of the Exam||Indian Railway Management Service Examination|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Examination Name||UPSC IRMS|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Vacancies||Nearly 408 (Tentative)|
IRMS Recruitment Exam Date 2022
IRMS notification is scheduled to be released in March after the UP elections but sooner or later release date may also shift to April.
|IRMS Notification||March 2022|
|IRMS Prelims Exam Date||To be announced|
|IRMS Mains Exam Date||To be announced|
|IRMS Interview Exam Date||To be announced|
|IRMS Final Result||To be announced|
IRMS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- An applicant should not be less than 21 years of age and the maximum age should not be more than 32 years which is similar to ESE eligibility criteria.
- The upper age limit for scheduled caste / scheduled tribes agreed is relaxable for 5 years for and 3 years for other Backward Classes.
- Only engineers will be recruited to technical posts of IRMS.
IRMS Exam Pattern 2022 (Tentative)
UPSC IRMS Examination could have 3 kinds of stages in the examination :
- Prelims Exam will have a common GS paper for every technical and non-technical student which could include History, Geography, Economics, and Polity of Intermediate level.
- The mains exam includes will include subjects like Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering for technical applicants who will get technical papers like IES mains.
- The non-technical candidates will get selected through optional subjects like Philosophy, History, Geography. etc.
IRMS Recruitment Services (Group 'A')
Group ‘A’ services of Indian Railways recruited from the Civil Services and Engineering Services exam are proposed to be linked with IRMS.
CSE Group ‘A’ Services
- Indian Railway Personnel Services
- Indian Railway Protection Force Services
- Indian Railway Traffic Services
- Indian Railway Accounts Services
Combined Engineering Services
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineering.
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineer
- Indian Railway Service of Civil Engineering.
- Indian Railway Stores Service which is Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Telecommunication, Electronics Engineering Posts.
- Indian Railway Services of Mechanical Engineers
IRMS Selection Method
- IRMS examination will surely be held for 5 fields: Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Non-technical entry, for the applicants preparing for civil services.
- The IRMS examination will be conducted in 3 stages: the Prelims exam, Mains Examination, and Personality test to be conducted by the railway's board.
- The prelims examination will be an objective type examination.
- The Mains examination will be the subjective written description for various Engineering and Non-technical branches.
- After that, there will be an Interview round in which the panel will check management-level knowledge and general attentiveness of aspirants.
- After clearing all three stages, a medical test will be conducted, final merit will be decided, and departments will be allocated.
You can also download the UPSC IES previous year papers for complete IRMS preparation
Candidates can follow the topics being covered for ESE 2022 Exam by BYJU'S EXAM PREP for complete success in IRMS EXAM. Meanwhile, these topics can prepare aspirants well before the examination pattern is even announced.
Online Classroom Program
BYJU'S Exam Prep wishes you Happy Learning!