Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test is a National level center based examination conducted by IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak. The candidates who clear the entrance exam are then called for a personal interview and the final selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of the evaluation of the IPMAT entrance exam, written test, and the IPMAT Personal Interview.
IPMAT 2021 Personal Interview
The selection process of the candidates will be made on the basis of overall performance in the Aptitude Test (AT) and Personal Interview (PI). The candidates who under-perform or fail to mark their presence in AT or WAT and PI or both shall be debarred from the selection process. The process of selection is as follows:-
- Stage 1: The candidates who find themselves eligible for the entrance exam will fill in and submit the application online.
- Stage 2: Once the applications are received, candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria will be eligible for Aptitude Test. IIM Rohtak reserves the right to change or omit a center and the date of conducting AT is yet to be announced.
- Stage 3: The pool of candidates that will be eligible for stage 4 is decided in this stage. Only the candidates with a positive raw score and a minimum mark in each of the three sections of the raw Aptitude Test will be considered. The cutoff marks will be decided by the admissions committee.
- Stage 4: A significant number of candidates shall be shortlisted for this crucial stage for each category using the merit list generated based on Aptitude Test Score (ATS). The shortlisted candidates shall proceed to appear in WAT and PI rounds. Candidates in failure of the PI parameters will not be considered for the next stage.
- Stage 5: Candidates satisfying the requirements mentioned in earlier stages get considered for final selection. Category wise merit list is prepared on the basis of Composite Score (CS) and provisional admission offer letters will be made adhering to the Government of India reservation norms.
Common Questions Asked in IPM Interview
- Tell Me About Yourself.
- Family Background and place you belong to
- Why do you want to join IIM
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why do you want to join IIM
- From which other institutes have you got calls?
- What are your hobbies?
- Where do you want to see yourself after 5 years?
- Why do you prefer IPM over other courses?
- What is the difference between Economics and Finance?
- What are your long term and short term goals?
- Can you differentiate between a manager and a leader?
- How would you describe your management skill?
- Explain the importance of an organization.
- What are the qualities of a good manager?
- Are you a team player?
- Tell me about your dream job/company?
- Have you displayed your leadership in school?
- What do you expect to gain from the course?
- Can you work under pressure or deadlines?
Preparation Tips for Personal Interview
Prepare Yourself - It is very important to make yourself prepared before the interview by writing down the answers for some of the frequently asked questions. Brush up your real life experience which might help you to answer some questions. Preparing before the interview will not only build your confidence but also helps you to get quality answers for some questions.
Stay Confident- You should stay confident during the interview. The moment you get nervous, take deep breaths and take your time to answer the questions. Always remember whatever you say during the interview just be confident.
Be in Proper Formals- As said “First impressions is last impression”. So you should be in proper formals with a positive attitude and always remember to have a smile on your face.