International Yoga Day History
It was during the speech of the United General Assembly that PM Modi gave the idea of International Yoga Day. With the support of 177 nations at the assembly, the UN declared the 21st of July as International Yoga Day. This year 8th edition of International Yoga Day is celebrated. The word yoga comes from Sanskrit and means to join and unite symbolizing the integration of body and mind. Today it is practiced across a various of parts of the World.
International Yoga Day 2022Theme
Every year International Yoga Day is celebrated with a unique theme every year. The theme of International Yoga Day 2022 is ‘Yoga for Humanity’.This year the main event demonstration will be led by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, at Mysuru, Karnataka.
Why do We celebrate Yoga Day?
PM Modi during his speech at the Mysuru, said, 'Yoga Is A Problem-Solver, Brings Inner Peace'. He also said during his speech, “Yoga is an invaluable gift of India's ancient tradition. It embodies unity of mind and body”.Meanwhile, it is celebrated to spread awarenesses about the significance and advantages of Yoga.”
Significance of Yoga
For those who do yoga daily, it is not just an exercise but a way of living. According to the UNITED NATIONS, yoga stands as a symbol of creating balance and harmony. Yoga is "not just a balance between the body or between the mind and the body, but also in people's relationship with the world." Un adds, "Yoga emphasizes the values of mindfulness, moderation, discipline, and perseverance. When applied to communities and society, yoga shows the way to sustainable living. "
>> Check: WBPSC WBCS Exam Analysis 2022
Previous Years Themes of International Yoga Day
2015: Yoga for Harmony and Peace
2016: Yoga for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
2017: Yoga for Health
2018: Yoga for Peace
2019: Yoga for Heart
2020: Yoga at Home and Yoga with Family
2021: Yoga For Wellness
2020: Yoga for Humanity
Benefits of Yoga
- Improves posture: It improves the posture of the body
- Increases flexibility: The rigidity of the body will remove. Your body fitness will be improved
- Builds muscle strength: The muscle strength of your body will increase.
- Boosts metabolism: It boosts metabolism rate.
- Helps in lowering blood sugar It helps in lowering blood sugar levels.
- Increases blood flow: It increases the blood flow of your body.
- Keep off diseases: You can keep off your diseases.
- Increases self-esteem. It increases your self-esteem.
Read the article in Bengali: Link