The list contains 5 categories: pioneers, leaders, titans, artists, and icons.
Indians in the TIME’s 100 most influential people list
Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been featured in TIME Magazine’s annual list of the world’s 100 most influential people for the fourth time since he took office in 2014. He was categorized under the category of leaders. US President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping are also included in the category of leaders in TIME 100 list
This year’s TIME list featured 82-year-old Bilkis, who was one of the most prominent faces during the anti-CAA protests at Shaheen Bagh in Delhi. She was among the people who gathered at the protest site depicting power of resistance against tyranny. She has been selected in the category of Icons.
Professor Ravindra Gupta has been placed in the TIME 100 list in the category of Pioneers. He spearheaded a study that led to the second man named Adam Catillejo (40-year-old) in history being cured of HIV in London in 2019. He was appointed by the University of Cambridge as the professor of clinical microbiology at the Cambridge Institute of Therapeutic Immunology and Infectious Disease after this.
Indian based Alphabet and Google CEO Sundar Pichai has also been named as one of the world’s 100 most influential people of 2020 by TIME. He emigrated from India as a young adult and working his way to become CEO of a $1 trillion corporation represents the best of what we aspire for our society as per TIME. He is listed in icons category.
Ayushmann Khurrana is the only Indian actor to make it to the list of TIME’s 100 most influential people list. He is named under the ‘Artist’ category, along with renowned international musicians and performers like writer-actress Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Grammy award-winning Cellist Yo-Yo Ma, and Dapper Dan.
About TIME 100
- Time 100 or TIME's 100 most influential people list is an annual list assembled by the American news magazine Time.
- It was first published in 1999
- It is published every year since 2004
- The list recognizes people for changing the world, regardless of the consequences of their actions.
- The list contains 5 categories:
- The final list of influential individuals is chosen by Time editors along with nominations coming from Time 100 alumni and magazine's international writing staff.
- Only the winner of the Reader's Poll, conducted days before the release of official list is chosen by the general public.
- The corresponding commemorative event is held annually in Manhattan, New York.
About 2020 TIME's 100 most influential people list
- As the year 2020 is filled with unimaginable challenges, but it is also an opportunity to re-evaluate and rebuild. So, this year’s list of influential people is quite different than any other year.
- This year event is being organized virtually due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- A record number of doctors, nurses and scientists have been place in the list. Example: Specialist Camilla Rothe, who helped document coronavirus transmission by people without symptoms; Chinese researcher Zhang Yongzhen, who mapped who mapped genomic sequence of SARS-CoV-2 in less than 40 hours
- The list also includes various activists fighting for equality, including Black Lives Matter founders Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors, Opal Tometi, and Arussi Unda, a feminist of Mexico.
- The 2020 TIME’s list contains 54 women, which is record highest till now.
With so many exams approaching, we are sure you must be wondering about the foolproof preparation plan. Your search is over now. Subscribe to Online Classroom Program to have unlimited access to all 20+ structured live courses and 500+ mock tests. This will cover all important banking and insurance exams like IBPS Clerk, IBPS PO, IBPS RRB (PO+Clerk), SBI PO, RBI Grade-B, SBI Clerk Main, RBI Assistant Main, etc.
So why wait? Subscribe to Online Classroom Program now and #GetSuperReady for your exam.
All the best for your exams.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App!