1. India ranks 3rd in Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2020 –India continues to be among the top three countries in terms of Cushman & Wakefield globally, as per the Global Manufacturing Risk Index (MRI),2020.
- According to the index, India comes in 3rd place for the most convenient place for global manufacturing among 48 countries.
- The list is topped by China and followed by the United States.
2. India ranks 4th in 2020 Asia Power Index: In the recently released Asia Power Index 2020, India ranked 4th among 26 Countries & Territories.
- India has scored 39.7 out of 100 in order to rank 4th among the other countries.
- The United States has topped the Index 2020 by scoring 81.6.
3. India ranks 8th in the 2020 Global Terrorism Index – India was placed at 8th position in the recently released 2020 Global Terrorism Index (GTI) 2020 by "The Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP)".
- Iraq has ranked in 2nd place whereas Nigeria is placed in 3rd position as affected due to Terrorism.
- Followings are the countries which are least affected due to terrorism- Qatar (133rd), Uzbekistan (134th), around 29 countries have secured 135th rank with a score of 0 terrorism.
4. India ranked 3rd position as per 2020 Nature Index Artificial Intelligence - India has been ranked the third position as per 2020 Nature Index Artificial Intelligence released by Nature Research.
- China has topped the index and United States placed second in the Index.
- India has secured 3rd position among 25 countries for publishing 91,563 AI publications from 2015-2019.
5. India ranks 10th on Asia-Pacific Personalised Health Index - In the recently released 2021 Asia-Pacific Personalised Health Index, India has been placed at 10th position in the list of 11 Asian-Pacific Region. The list has been topped by Singapore among all the regions.
- Taiwan & Japan are in the Second & Third positions respectively.
- The calculation of rankings was done on these 4 bases such as- Policy Context, Health Information, Personalised Technologies & Health Services.
6. India ranks 5th in the 2021 Annual Global CEO Survey - India was ranked at 5th position out of 100 countries globally on the 2021 Annual Global CEO Survey, which was recently released by the PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
- According to this survey, India comes in 5th place as the most beautiful destination in the world.
- The USA has secured first place, second & third positions are ranked by China & Germany respectively.
7. India ranks 12th in the 2020 Nature Index - According to the recently released Nature Index 2020 in order to highlight the rankings of the academic institutions globally.
Note: As per the survey, 1st, 2nd & 3rd positions are ranked by China, USA & Germany respectively.
8. India ranked at 51st position in Global Skill Index 2020 which is released by the largest online learning platform in the world named Coursera.
Note: India has positioned 51st in the terms of data science domain scenario.
9. India ranks 16th in The Emerging Economies University Ranking 2020 which was released by the Times Higher Education for which covered over 533 universities.
10. India ranked 85th in The Smart City Index 2020 which was released by the Institute for Management Development. The survey shows the development, availability of the technologies in cities. Certainly, Hyderabad from India positioned 85th among all the Indian cities.
11. India ranked 94th in the Global Hunger Index of 2020- India was positioned 94th among the 107 other countries in Global Hunger Index. With a score of 27.2, India is under the "Serious category". The neighbor countries of India such as Bangladesh, Myanmar, and Pakistan are also in Serious Category by ranking 75th, 78th & 88th respectively.
12. India ranked 12th in 2021 Bloomberg Billionaires Index - Reliance owner Mukesh Ambani has secured 12th place among the richest people in the world. Undoubtedly, Elon Musk has ranked 1st whereas 2nd position is secured by Bill Gates with a net worth of 170 Billion & 132 Billion respectively.
Note: The net worth of Mr. Mukesh Ambani has fallen from 90 Billion to 76.7 Billion in 2020.
13. India ranked 4th in the 2020 Global Firepower Index- The purpose of this survey is to rank according to the military strength of a country. The rating calculations were done on the basis of 50 elements. India is positioned 4th amongst 138 countries. Meanwhile, Russia has taken rank 1st & china 2nd.
14. India ranks 4th in the 2021 Ultimate Military Strength Index- The survey was released by the defense website Military Direct where, China, USA & Russia have ranked 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively in the index. India has earned 61 scores after measuring all the factors to rank 4th.