Work Profile of Navy AA & Navy SSR:
AA Sailors' Work Profile:
All candidates for the role of AA (Artificers Apprentice) sailor. They will receive nine weeks of Basic Training at the Indian Naval Station Chilka, followed by Professional Training in the assigned trade at various Naval Training Establishments. The branch/trade will be assigned based on the Service's needs.
As an Artificer, you can receive the best professional training possible to hold very responsible roles as an Indian Navy sailor. The Artificer's key tasks include man management as well as the technical difficulties of running and maintaining some of the most complex structures and advanced equipment. An artificer's job description (depending on specialization) involves working on:
- Steam-powered machinery
- Diesel & gas turbines
- Guided missiles & other automatically controlled weapons
- Sensors avionic equipment
- Computers & highly advanced radio
- Electrical power systems
They may even be hired for the other job if it becomes available. Although the Indian Navy AA (Artificers Apprentice) Candidate's job profile would be the same as the one mentioned above.
Navy SSR Work Profile:
The basic training procedure for Indian Navy AA and SSR candidates is nearly identical.
A candidate who is chosen will complete 22 weeks of basic training at INS Chilka, followed by professional training in the assigned trade at various Naval Training Establishments. The branch/trade will be assigned based on the Service's needs.
You would be a member of a highly professional organization as a sailor. You will be required to serve on powerful, modern ships, and your work will be divided among various teams that perform various tasks. It may be the use of a variety of equipment, such as:
- Aircraft Carriers
- Guided Missile Destroyers & Frigates
- Replenishment Ships
- Highly technical works
- Fascinating submarines & aircraft
- The firing of weapons like missiles, guns or rockets, etc.
An applicant who is recruited by the Indian Navy's SSR (Senior Secondary Recruits) or AA programs (Artificer Apprentice). They begin work on the following projects. In an emergency, the job profile can be altered.
Basically, in an emergency, they can go to any part of the ship and operate in any case. Although the Basic Work profile is the same as the one mentioned above.
Work Environment of Navy AA & Navy SSR
- AA: Working on steam-powered machinery, diesel and gas turbines, guided missiles, and other automatically operated weapons, sensors, avionic equipment, computers, and highly sophisticated radio and electrical power systems are all part of an artificer's job description (depending on specialization).
- SSR: The work is split into separate teams that handle various tasks. That may be the use of radars, sonars, or communications devices, or the firing of weapons such as missiles, guns, or rockets.
Education Opportunities of Navy AA & Navy SSR
- AA: Artificer Apprentices take a variety of technical courses based on the needs of the Service. The Ministry of Human Resources Development recognizes the Indian Navy Artificer Apprenticeship Diploma.
- SSR: Candidates may take a variety of technical courses to meet their service requirements, and upon successful completion of the courses, certificates of equivalent qualifications from various universities are awarded. After completing 15 years of service, an applicant will receive a "Graduation Equivalent Certificate."
Promotions of Navy AA & Navy SSR
- In comparison to an AA applicant, an SSR candidate must wait longer for a promotion. In the case of AA, you will be promoted to Chief Petty Officer in less than ten years (CPO), while in SSR it takes almost 15 years to get promoted. Below is the table that mentions the order of ranks for promotions for AA & SSR respectively. The lowest rank in AA is of Apprentice, generally, sailors get promoted to CPO level within 10 years of service. The lowest rank in SSR is Seaman II. It takes approximately 3 years to become Seaman I, then another 3 years to become Leading Seaman. Generally, a Seaman II gets promoted to PO within 10 years of service & to CPO within 15 years of service.
ARTIFICER APPRENTICES SAILORS
|RANK||Level||Pay in Pay Band(Rs.)|
|Art III - I||5A||33300-105800|
|RANK||Level||Pay in Pay Band(Rs.)|
|Chief Petty Officer||6||35400-112400|
Pensions of Navy AA & Navy SSR
- AA: To be qualified for a pension, Artificer Apprentices must have served for at least 20 years.
- SSR: 15 years are required to be eligible for a lifetime pension.
Salary of Indian Navy AA & Navy SSR
They are well compensated for their services. They are paid a stipend of 14,800/- per month while in training, and after completing the training, they are put in the Level 3 matrix according to defense rules and guidelines.
After completing the training, they will be paid between 21,800 and 61,300 rupees per month, depending on the position they are assigned to. The candidate's salary can fall somewhere in this range. In the Indian Armed Forces, pay is often determined by the nature of the job, posting location, and other factors.
An applicant also receives additional compensation in the form of MSP (Military Service Pay) of Rs. 6200/- per month, which is paid after the salary. There are also some Dearness Allowances, Travel Allowances, and Grade Pay.
Hoping we have cleared all your doubts regarding the work culture, career growth & salary aspects of Indian Navy AA SSR posts. Comment if you still have any queries regarding the same. We will also be talking about which post is better AA or SSR in the upcoming days. keep on working hard for your goal.
Comparing both Navy AA & Navy SSR – Which one is better?
- SSR is a non-technical branch in which you must complete all training before becoming a sailor.
- AA is better when it comes to promotions.
- The pension aspect is better for SSR sailors.
- Every sailor has access to medical services, canteens, railway concessions, and much more.
- Technical assistance is needed for the AA nominee, there is a lot to learn, both theoretically and practically.
- Both are fine in general. It all depends on where you want to live & if you are technically proficient and knowledgeable.
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep
Sahi Prep Hai Toh Life Set Hai