- The written test is the first stage of the Air Force Group X and Y selection process, and it is the most critical and difficult obstacle for candidates to overcome. At this stage, the majority of the removal has been completed.
- The Air Force "X" test will consist of 10+2 English, Physics, and Maths with a 60-minute time limit.
- Similarly, Group "Y" will be made up of English, Reasoning, and General Awareness, with a 45-minute time limit.
- Candidates who choose all classes "X" and "Y" will be required to take English, Physics, Maths, Reasoning, and General Awareness articles, with a time limit of 85 minutes.
60 days Preparation Strategy for Cracking the Exam
The Air Force Groups X and Y exam is divided into three stages, the first two of which are extremely challenging and require careful planning and preparation. Now we'll go over the whole plan for passing the Air Force Group "X" and "Y" Exam.
Let's talk about each subject's strategy now:
1. For English Subject:
Both Groups "X" and "Y" contain English. Comprehension, Synonym/Antonym, Error Detection, Jumbled Sentence, Active/Passive Voice, and Tense are some of the most common topics that prompt this query.
- The English subject is essential in any competitive exam, but due to time constraints, we must concentrate on a short time strategy.
- Make it a habit to read an English newspaper every day, write complicated words down, and practice them daily to develop your vocabulary. This technique will aid you in situations involving one term, synonyms, and antonyms.
- Attempting past exam mock test papers and quizzes can also help you get good grades.
- Instead of choosing books based on the name of the exam on the cover pages, choose books by good writers.
2. For Physics subject:
Candidates taking the Air Force Group "X" Exam are only required to take the Physics subject. The syllabus includes all of the topics covered in 11th and 12th grade. There will be both theoretical and numerical questions. For application awareness, one should have a better understanding of concepts.
- Thermodynamics, SHM, Semiconductors, Electricity, and Electrostatics are all very interesting topics to concentrate on when studying for the Physics portion. These topics are frequently asked questions, and they are often simple to answer.
- The best books to cover these subjects are the NCERT books for grades 11 and 12.
3. For Mathematics subject:
Candidates who are taking the Air Force Group "X" exam are required to take Maths subject. Math is the scoring subject in tests, so it plays an important role in candidate selection. As a result, we should have a solid strategy in place to prepare for this subject.
- When studying for a Maths subject, topics such as Coordinate Geometry, Complex Numbers, Trigonometry, Differentiation, Integration, Matrices and Determinants, Probability, Permutation, and Combination should be prioritized.
- When it comes to solving this problem, speed and accuracy are crucial. In math, practice is very important; one should practice questions at all levels. This subject has a mild degree of questioning. Be sure to solve all of a topic's examples because this will give you plenty of experience for different types of questions.
- R S Aggarwal's books are excellent for practicing math. Since time is a major factor in the Maths Section, it is critical to exercise extreme caution when answering questions. Candidates can only attempt questions on which they are fairly certain to prevent negative labeling.
4. For Reasoning & General Awareness subject:
Only applicants taking the Air Force Group "Y" Exam will be tested on reasoning and general awareness.
General Awareness Strategy
- Questions about general awareness can be found in this section. You can use a monthly magazine to keep up with current events, and you can also keep up with it by newspapers.
- Lucent is a good book to use for planning. It is a very succinct and reliable book that covers almost all according to the level of questions.
Techniques for Reasoning
- You can practice this section by using the book Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal. This book has a reasonable level of difficulty and plenty of practice questions for each subject.
Test of Physical Fitness:
- We can't afford to ignore this examination when studying for the Air Force Group "X" and "Y" Exams. After passing the written exam, the Physical Efficiency Test must be passed as well. This examination requires candidates to run 1.6 kilometers in 6.5 minutes, which is a difficult task.
- The running test has a very poor passing rate. Many candidates fail the running test because they are unable to complete the sprint within the allotted time. As a result, if one is confident of passing the written exam, he or she can begin practicing right now.
- You can exercise for at least 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the evening to improve your stamina. It may take some time to build up your stamina if you are not used to running. The only way to finish it in the allotted time of 6 minutes and 30 seconds is to be consistent.
- Candidates must do 10 push-ups, 20 sit-ups, and 20 squats in addition to running 1.6 kilometers. The most important thing to remember when performing these exercises is to maintain proper posture. Sit-ups, Push-ups, and Sit-ups can only be done in the correct postures.
Read Here Complete Strategy to Crack Airforce Group X & Y Exam in First Attempt
For candidates, here is a sample 60-day study schedule. This should be followed thoroughly if you do not have a proper schedule for your preparation.
60 Days Study Plan for Indian Air Force Group X & Y
For candidates, here is a sample 60-day study plan schedule for the Air Force Airmen Group X & Y 2021 exam. This should be followed thoroughly if you do not have a proper schedule for your preparation.
|Day 1||Relations and Functions||Physical World and Measurement||Passage||Polity|
|Day 3||Complex Numbers||Kinematics||Passage||Polity|
|Day 4||Complex Numbers||Laws of Motion||Preposition||Polity|
|Day 5||Quadratic Equations||Laws of Motion||Preposition||Polity|
|Day 6||Sequences and Series||Work, Energy and Power||Subject verb agreement||Polity|
|Day 7||Trigonometry||Work, Energy and Power||Subject verb agreement||Geography|
|Day 8||Trigonometry||COM & Angular Momentum||Subject verb agreement||Geography|
|Day 9||Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates||COM & Angular Momentum||Verbs||Geography|
|Day 10||Circles||Rigid Body Dynamics (Rotational motion)||Verbs||Geography|
|Day 11||Circles||Rigid Body Dynamics (Rotational motion)||Tenses||Geography|
|Day 12||Conic Sections||Rigid Body Dynamics (Rotational motion)||Tenses||Geography|
|Day 13||Conic Sections||Mechanics of Solids and Fluids||Tenses||History|
|Day 14||P&C||Mechanics of Solids and Fluids||Noun/Pronouns/use of pronouns||History|
|Day 15||Straight Lines||Heat & Thermodynamics||Noun/Pronouns/use of pronouns||History|
|Day 16||Vectors||Heat & Thermodynamics||Sentence Correction||History|
|Day 17||Vectors||Current Electricity||Sentence Correction||History|
|Day 18||Exponential and Logarithmic Series||Current Electricity||Punctuation||History|
|Day 19||Sets and Set Theory||Current Electricity||Active/Passive Voice||History|
|Day 20||Statistics||Current Electricity||Active/Passive Voice||History|
|Day 21||3 D Geometry||Electrostatics||Direct/Indirect Speech||History|
|Day 23||3 D Geometry||Electrostatics||Direct/Indirect Speech||History|
|Day 24||Differentiation||Electrostatics||Phrasal Verbs||Static GK|
|Day 25||Differentiation||Electromagnetic Induction||Phrasal Verbs||Static GK|
|Day 26||Applications of Derivatives||Electromagnetic Induction||Antonyms/Synonymns||Static GK|
|Day 27||Applications of Derivatives||Alternating Current||Antonyms/Synonymns||Static GK|
|Day 28||Probability Function||Alternating Current||Antonyms/Synonymns||Static GK|
|Day 29||Probability Function||Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism||Idioms & Phrases||Static GK|
|Day 30||Limits and Continuity||Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism||Idioms & Phrases||Static GK|
|Day 31||Limits and Continuity||Optics & Modern Physics||Vocabulary||Static GK|
|Day 32||Indefinite Integrals||Optics & Modern Physics||Vocabulary||Static GK|
|Day 33||Indefinite Integrals||Optics & Modern Physics||Vocabulary||Static GK|
|Day 34||Definite Integrals||Optics & Modern Physics||Vocabulary||Important Topics( Author & books/Awards/Sports/recent schemes & changes)|
|Day 35||Definite Integrals||Principle of communication & Semiconductors||Vocabulary||Important Topics( Author & books/Awards/Sports/recent schemes & changes)|
|Day 36||Binomial Theorem||Principle of communication & Semiconductors||Adjective||Important Topics( Author & books/Awards/Sports/recent schemes & changes)|
|Day 37||Matrices||Electromagnetic Waves||Adjective||Important Topics( Author & books/Awards/Sports/recent schemes & changes)|
|Day 38||Matrices||Electromagnetic Waves||Compound prepositions||Important Topics( Author & books/Awards/Sports/recent schemes & changes)|
|Day 39||Determinants||Waves & Oscillations (SHM)||Fillers||Defence Specific GK|
|Day 40||Determinants||Waves & Oscillations (SHM)||Fillers||Defence Specific GK|
|Day 41||Revision + Mock||Gravitation||Revision + Mock||Distance & Direction sense Test|
|Day 42||Revision + Mock||Gravitation||Revision + Mock||Mathematical Operations|
|Day 43||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Numerical series|
|Day 44||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Numerical series|
|Day 45||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Number coding|
|Day 46||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Number coding|
|Day 47||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Blood relations|
|Day 48||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Odd One Out|
|Day 49||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Odd One Out|
|Day 50||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Inserting Correct Mathematical sign|
|Day 51||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Mutual relation problems|
|Day 52||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Analogy.|
|Day 53||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Number, Ranking and Time Sequence Test|
|Day 54||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Coding, Decoding|
|Day 55||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Coding, Decoding|
|Day 56||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision through mocks & making short notes|
|Day 57||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision through mocks & making short notes|
|Day 58||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision through mocks & making short notes|
|Day 59||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision through mocks & making short notes|
|Day 60||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision + Mock||Revision through mocks & making short notes|
Exam Pattern for the Air Force 2021
For Group Y, the test will be performed online and will last 45 minutes. The overall time of the test for Group X is 60 minutes. The questions will be factual and bilingual.
- One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Any incorrect answer would result in a 0.25 point deduction.
- Unanswered questions will not be deducted from your grade.
The marking scheme for the exam pattern is as follows:
Reasoning and General Awareness
Group X and Y
Reasoning and General Awareness
Syllabus of the Indian Air Force Groups X and Y for the year 2021
The following four subjects make up the Indian Air Force Group X & Y syllabus. The technical (Group X) and non-technical (Group Y) groups have the same syllabus (Group Y).
- Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA)
For each subject, a comprehensive syllabus is provided below.
Both IAF Groups X and Y speak English. As a result, candidates must be familiar with the English syllabus. It will be a high-scoring affair for both teams.
- Grammar, Para Jumbles, Direct & Indirect Speech, Active & Passive Voice, Comprehension, Multiple Meaning or Error Spotting, Fill in the blanks, Vocabulary, Synonyms & Antonyms, Idioms & Phrases, Part of speech, Basic Grammar such as Conjunctions, Preposition, etc.
The math curriculum is focused on the 10+2 standard.
- Sets, Relations, & functions, Mathematical Induction, Permutation, Combination, Binomial Theorem, Matrices & Determinants, Linear Programming & Vector, Trigonometric Functions, the Cartesian system of rectangular co-ordinates, Definite & Indefinite Integrals, Differentiation, Probability & Statistics, Data Interpretation, Mensuration: Cylinder, Cone, Sphere.
- Kinematics, Behaviour of Perfect Gases & Kinetic Theory of Gases, Behaviour of Perfect Gases & Kinetic Theory of Gases, Motion of System of Particles & Rigid Body, Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current, Thermodynamics, Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism, Communication system, Gravitation, Work, Power & Energy.
- Mathematical Operations, Distance & Direction sense Test, Numerical series, Number coding, Number Puzzle, Number, Ranking and Time Sequence Test, Dictionary woods, Non- Verbal Reasoning, Number, Ranking and Time Sequence Test, Assign Artificial Values to Mathematical Digit, Coding, and Decoding, Inserting Correct Mathematical sign, Odd One Out, Tallest, youngest relations, Blood Relations, Mutual relation problems, Analogy.
General Knowledge Syllabus
- General Science, Polity, Economy, Geography, Current Events, History (It includes Ancient, Medieval and Modern), Basic Computer Operations
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App