India is a part of the continent of Asia
India is also situated in the north-eastern hemisphere of the earth. Furthermore, there are about 48 countries in the continent of Asia. Now, let’s learn a few more facts about the continent.
Some Facts About Asia
- Asia is the largest of all the seven continents in the world.
- Asia is home to the two most populous countries in the world - India and China. Hence, Asia is the most populous continent in the world.
- There are 49 UN countries in the continent of Asia, including India.
- Asia is also the longest continent as it has the longest longitudinal stretch.
- Asia has the maximum amount of Mountains in the world.
India is a Part of Which Continent?
India is a part of the continent of Asia, which is the largest of all the seven continents of the world. Asia houses the two most populous nations of the world and is therefore, the most populous continent in the world.
☛ Related Questions: