Answer: b. Different guideways
In lathe, the carriage and tail stock are guided on different guideways.
Guideways: It controls how the carriage and tailstock move. There are two categories of guideways.
1. Outer guideways
2. Inner guide ways
The bearing and sliding surface for the carriage is provided by the outer guideways, while the tail stock's inner guideways serve the same purpose. To ensure that the guiding surface is parallel to the lathe axis, precise machining is used. Hence in lathe, the carriage and tail stock are guided on different guideways.
☛ Related Questions:
- Which of the following factors supports the statement that reusability is a desirable feature of a language as it?
- What is the similarity between a structure, union, and enumeration?
- According to St.Venant's theory, yield locus is
- Traffic surveys are carried out-
- The steel generally used in RCC work
Commentswrite a comment