Answer: C. South end
In a prismatic compass the zero is marked on the South end.
- In the prismatic compass, sighting an object and reading the bearing are done simultaneously.
- It is smaller in size (85 - 110 mm dia.) and a broad needle with aluminium ring is used in this compass; agate cap is fitted with compass.
- In prismatic compass,the requirement of a tripod is not essential.
- Graduation is inverted in a prismatic compass.
- Angles measured by prismatic compass are in whole circle bearing having 0º at south,90º at west, 180º at north and 270º at east.
- Hence, In a prismatic compass the zero is marked on the south end.
☛ Related Questions: