Important Topics for LIC AAO/AE 2021 Exam Preparation
In this article, we will share some important topics that you must prepare well to score good marks in the LIC AAO AE 2021 exam. We will cover all the sections of the preliminary exam one by one. Let us first see the exam pattern of the LIC AAO/AE Exam 2021.
Preliminary Examination consists of an objective test that will be conducted online. The test will have three sections (with separate timings) as follows:
|S. No.||Name of test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language with special emphasis on |
grammar, vocabulary and comprehension**
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||16||18||20 Minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||16||18||20 Minutes|
Note: English Language Test will be of qualifying in nature and the marks scored in the English Language will not be counted for the selection in the Main examination.
Suggested Mock Test: LIC AAO Mock Test Series 2021
Let us now have a look at the important topics section-wise:
A) English Language :
1. Reading Comprehension
- This part evaluates the candidate's skills to interpret the given passage by his analytical skills
- Reading comprehension is a scoring topic and easy to solve
- You should have a good skill set of vocabulary and Grammar to score well here
- Read daily a newspaper and book to build reading habits
2. Cloze Test
- These questions are similar to fill in the blanks. The difference being that here multiple blanks are given within the passage.
- You must have a clear idea of the whole paragraph to attempt these questions
- Pick the words which fit best the overall tone of the given passage.
3. Fill in the Blanks
- These are based either on Grammar or Vocabulary.
- These questions check the knowledge of words/vocabulary
- Questions based on Grammar evaluates the knowledge of prepositions, tenses, conjunctions, subject-verb-agreement, etc
- This section is scoring
- Read the sentences very carefully as many of the answers can be inferred by knowing the meaning of the sentence
4. Para Jumbles
- A set of 5-6 connected statements will be given in a random order
- These sentences are to be rearranged to form a logical and meaningful paragraph
- You must identify the main idea of the paragraph
- It is very important to find the opening and closing sentences of the paragraph. After that, it becomes easy to arrange the remaining sentences
- Method of Elimination is very important to use in the English Section. The sentences can easily be rearranged by just eliminating the irrelevant options
5. Phrase Replacement/Sentence Correction
- You need to find the correct options/replacements to improve the given sentence
- Some questions are already correct and require no replacement
- Try spotting grammar errors, as they are easy to spot
- Sometimes, there might be a redundancy. These errors are very much easy to find
6. Error Spotting
- These questions can either be based on Grammar or vocabulary
- You need to detect the errors in the given sentences
- There might be up to 5 questions from this topic
B) Reasoning Ability
- When attempting puzzles, start with the information that is given confirm not with the possible ones as this will lead to more possible cases.
- Questions are a bit similar to that of seating arrangements topics. Collect all the possibilities in such situations and then solve them simultaneously.
- Initially, you won't be able to solve them easily, but with practice, you'll get the idea of solving them with time
- Practice all kinds of puzzles
- It is another important topic that is scoring and easy.
- It includes mathematical equations followed by many different conclusions.
- You need to select the right conclusion to solve the asked question.
- The basic knowledge of elementary mathematics will be of great
- Syllogism is one of the trickier topics of reasoning. The question consists of 2-3 statements and 4-5 conclusions generally
- These can be solved using Venn diagrams easily. You also need to understand the statements properly to understand them
- Understand either/or cases very carefully
- Practice all the latest types of syllogism questions
- The questions consist of sentences and codes.
- The codes are given along with each sentence respectively.
5. Data sufficiency
- These questions are generally based on topics that we have already discussed above.
- For instance coding-decoding, ranking, seating arrangement, puzzle, etc.
- Questions of data sufficiency require much time to solve as you need to see whether the data provided is sufficient or not.
- And you don’t have to find the correct answer.
Apart from the above-mentioned topics, you should also practice topics like blood relations, order, and ranking, etc
1. Number Series
Here a series of numbers that are all connected with each other by some logic will be given. Once you have identified this logic, solving the question becomes very easy. You may encounter following different types of series based on-
- Square/Cube Series
- Prime Numbers
- Alternate term series
- Multiplication or Division Series
- Difference based Series
- Series involving the combination of arithmetic functions
2. Simplification/ Approximation
Simplification means finding out the final answer for a complex sum or we can say narrowing it down into small sum. These questions are asked to check the ability of an aspirant to deal with numbers following different logics. Always follow the BODMAS principle for reaching to the final result.
3. Quadratic Equations
It is a polynomial equation of power two. The general form is ax2 + bx + c = 0. In these questions, you will be given two different equations of two variables and you will be required to establish a relationship between the two. You can also use the below-provided formula to find the factors:
4. Data Interpretation
This is a very important and scoring topic of the Quantitative Aptitude Section. DI's are generally based on:
- Percentage and Averages
- Aritnematic topics like profit and loss, mixtures and allegations, SI and CI, etc
You may very often come across the following types of Data Interpretation sets based on -
- Bar Graphs
- Tabular Charts
- Line Charts
- Mixed Graphs
- Pie Charts
5. Arithmetic Questions
This topic consists of questions from the following -
- Profit and loss
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Boats and Streams
- Mixtures and Allegations
Click on the link to know about the Best Books for LICC AAO Preparation 2021
Note: SBI Clerk 2021 notification has been released by the authorities and the Prelims exam is scheduled tentatively to be held in the month of June 2021. On other hand, the mains exam will be conducted on 31st July 2021. To help you with the SBI Clerk 2021 preparation, BYJU'S Exam Prep has SBI Clerk 2021 Complete Course which is available in both languages.
You can enroll yourself in varieties of other courses and exam preparation by subscribing our Test Series.
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
1. Avail recent trend Mock Tests which are designed by Exam Experts.
2. Detailed Question Level Solution Analysis.
3. Complete Performance Report along with Strength and Weakness Assessment.
4. Know your All India Rank.
5. Tips and tricks by experts to Crack the Exam.