SBI Clerk Exam: Important Topics for Revision
In order to pass the SBI Clerk Main exam, you must have a clear strategy for studying crucial topics. Effective time management and a thorough awareness of your flaws can aid you in creating a methodical plan. Because the Main exam is approaching, it is recommended that you follow the study schedule outlined below in order to do well on the exam:
SBI Clerk Main Exam Pattern 2021
SBI Clerk Mains exam pattern consists of 190 questions of 2 hours 40 minutes and will also be conducted in an Online Objective Test.
Name of Test
No. of Questions
Duration (in Minutes)
2 hours 40 minutes
Time-table for SBI Clerk 2021 Mains
This is the second phase of the SBI Clerk Exam 2021, where you will be tested on your higher-order problem-solving ability. Here, you can expect questions that will be comparatively difficult to those asked in the Main exam.
Time For Exhaustive Revision of Topic
Time Taken for a Quick Revision of Topic
2.5 hours daily (reading, writing, speaking practice)
1.5 hours daily
2.5 hours daily
2 hours daily
Because the time is evenly divided across the four portions, smart time management is the best approach to answer the questions accurately. Take a few SBI Clerk Mains Exam mock tests to verify that you can complete each area within the time limit.
Section-wise Topics to Read for SBI Clerk Mains Exam
Important Topics for SBI Clerk Mains Quantitative Aptitude
To pass this section of the exam, you must improve your calculation skills, which are necessary for answering problems that require approximation and simplification. Revise your knowledge of mathematical concepts such as interest, ratios, and percentages. Also, have a thorough look through Data Interpretation & Analysis as well as Data and Graph techniques.
After you've gone over all of the above topics, take a few online tests to see whether you know the important topics. Target Data Interpretation, Approximation, and Simplification questions in the exam, as they are the most scoring and take the least amount of time to complete. Furthermore, the SBI Clerk Mains Exam always covers these topics.
Some important topics are:
- A set of 4-5 questions is usually asked. The wrong number series are often asked in the main phase.
- Practice and familiarise yourself with the common patterns.
- This topic tests your ability to recognize patterns.
- If you can't discover the pattern, don't spend your time and move on to the next question.
- There are two types of questions that can be asked.
- The first type consisted of standard Data Sufficiency problems in which you had to choose which piece of information was sufficient to answer the question from two separate statements.
- Different information was presented in two different statements in the second type. Students must evaluate the answer (quantity) based on the information presented in each statement and then determine the link between the two statements.
- To answer these types of questions, you must be well-versed in arithmetic.
3. Data Interpretation
This topic includes:
- Line Graph
- Table Graph
- Bar Chart
- Table Graph
- Pie Chart
- Missing D.I
- Mixed Graphs
- Missing D.I
The most important but time-consuming section is data interpretation. Expect 3–4 sets of data interpretation questions, each with up to 5 questions. In order to get a decent overall grade on the exam, you must grasp this part. The degree of difficulty of the questions will be moderate, requiring a thorough comprehension of concepts such as profit and loss, simple and compound interest, probability, time speed, and so on.
Important Topics for SBI Clerk Mains Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude
Reasoning questions do not require a thorough comprehension of certain subjects. The easiest method to prepare for this is to make a list of several topics that come up frequently in exams and study them. Many of the candidates have completed problem-solving exercises. Focusing on puzzle-solving, such as Sudoku, is the greatest method to overcome this impediment and improve your logical thinking skills. Take a few topic tests after you've thoroughly practised the various topics to evaluate where you stand.
The amount of questions asked in the Computer Aptitude section of the exam is gradually decreasing. This component used to be fairly essential because there were a lot of questions, but today only 5-10% of the questions in this section come from Computer Aptitude. As a result, spending too much time studying for this section of the exam will be counterproductive. The easiest strategy to prepare for Computer Aptitude is to go over last year's question papers, which should be enough to get you through the exam.
Some important topics are:
1) Seating Arrangement / Puzzles-
Practice following types and patterns-
- Linear/Circular arrangement of an unknown number of persons
- Circular Arrangements of people facing inside as well as outside
- Linear Arrangements (Single / Double Row-based)
- Combination of the above 3 with different inputs.
2) Inequality -
This topic if asked then will be in the coded form. This topic might also be asked in the data sufficiency types questions.
3) Syllogism -
Questions here are very tricky. You have to practice all varieties of questions that might be asked. Practice all the new types of syllogism like few, only a few, might be cases, a few, some not cases. Such cases are regularly asked in all the banking exams.
Important Topics for SBI Clerk Mains English Language
Many applicants struggle with this section of the Main Exam as they try to memorize the English language's conventions. The only method to improve one's language score is to widen one's comprehension of the language. As a result, strive to practice it as much as possible—whether reading, writing, listening, or speaking—as all of these mediums are necessary for a thorough understanding of the English language.
Watching English news channels, English movies with subtitles, and reading the English newspaper are all good ways to achieve this. This will assist you in comprehending proper sentence construction and expanding your vocabulary.
Reading an English newspaper has the added advantage of improving your general knowledge. As a result, daily English newspapers should be subscribed to. You simply cannot prepare for the English language component overnight; it must be treated as a language and practised on a daily basis.
Some important topics are:
1) Reading Comprehension -
This topic can be mastered by regularly reading a newspaper, reading articles, grasping all the rules of grammar, etc. You should also practice RC's asked in previously held exams.
2) Cloze Test -
This is yet another important topic for the IBPS RRB exam. While attempting cloze test questions, keep following things in mind -
- After reading the statement, try substituting the offered options in the sentence to discover the proper option. With the help of this method, you should be able to remove bad choices.
- If you become stuck on a question, go on to the next. Since all of the statements are logically connected, try to answer it before returning to the previous question.
3) Spotting Errors / Sentence Improvement -
You may come across 5 questions on this topic. Keep these important things in mind before attempting these questions -
- First, attentively read the entire sentence.
- Look for grammatical mistakes.
- By carefully reading the sentence, you can try to eliminate options.
Important Topics for SBI Clerk Mains General/Financial Awareness
This is the area of the SBI Clerk Main exam where you don't need to spend a lot of time since if you know the appropriate facts and statistics, you can easily get a good grade. In fact, this area is crucial because it decides the final merit list; therefore, it is critical to perform well here.
Explore the RBI website to learn about ‘static banking language,' and use the internet to learn about issues such as currencies, capitals, dams, and rivers. Subscribing to a newspaper/news channel and a current affairs magazine for preparation is a smart option.
Static questions are derived from ‘current affairs' questions; for example, if the statement of the current affairs reads ‘The President of the United States of America Visits India,' the static question could be anything related to that statement, such as: What is the capital of the United States of America? Who is the President of the United States of America, or Who is the President of the United States of America?
The SBI Clerk 2021 Main Exam will happen during the month of August 2021 most probably. Since time is of the essence, it is imperative to make the most of the limited time and emerge with a winning strategy.
- To begin, concentrate your efforts on improving your weak areas while also knowing your key strengths.
- Make sure you practice online mock tests to build up your confidence.
- Make sure you are familiar with the SBI Clerk examination pattern and have reviewed the previous exams.
- Because all four components of the exam have the same amount of time to complete, make sure you're keeping track of your time and solving the paper with speed and accuracy.
- Finally, make notes on the most important topics so you may review them before the exam.
You can be sure of a high score and achieving your goal if you follow this technique religiously and with commitment. Maintain a cool and confident demeanor throughout the exam, make efficient use of your time, and correctly answer as many questions as possible. To maximize your score, approach the paper strategically.
If you are aiming to crack SBI Clerk Main 2021, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.