IBPS RRB 2022 Mains Exam Pattern
Below we have shared the complete exam pattern of the IBPS RRB 2022 mains exam. Kindly go through the table to know everything related to the number of questions asked, maximum marks, total time, etc.
Name of Tests
No. of Questions
Medium of Test
Composite time of 2 hours
We have compiled a list of important topics from different sections based on the overall analysis of the previous year’s IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Exam. We advise you all to have a thorough practice of these topics if you wish to get through the exam.
Important Topics Of Reasoning Ability
This section would comprise 40 questions. Try to focus more on the below-mentioned topics-
Seating Arrangement / Puzzles-
- The linear arrangement of an unknown number of persons
- Circular Arrangements with people facing inside as well as outside
- Linear Arrangements (Single / Double Row-based)
- Combination of the above 2 with different parameters. For instance, people sitting around a circular table, each having a different profession, some facing inside while some facing outside.
- Puzzles (Tabular and Floor based)
Try to practice high-level puzzles/ seating arrangements. For a better understanding of these topics, you can go through the video tutorials from the link below
Practice Puzzle & Seating Arrangement
This is yet another topic that is relevant for the IBPS RRB officer scale 1 exam. Try to practice both direct as well as coded inequality questions in order to pass the individual IBPS RRB cut-off. You can go through the link below to understand this topic better -
How To Solve Inequality Questions
The questions asked are very tricky. You need to practice all types of questions asked on this topic. Practice new types of syllogism like few, a few, some not cases. Such cases are continuously asked in all banking exams.
Apart from these, try to practice questions from the Logical Reasoning Part as well (Statement - Assumption/ Argument/ Course of Action, Selection Procedure based, the central theme of the passage, etc.)
Important Topics Of Quantitative Aptitude
This section will carry 40 questions. Try to focus more on the below-mentioned topics -
This is a major topic of the Quantitative Aptitude section and you can expect 2-3 sets of DI graphs in the main exam. Try to practice paragraphs as well as missing DI problems as well. To understand this topic better, you can go through the link below -
You can expect around 5 questions on this topic in the main phase. Try to practice questions involving the wrong number in the series as well. You can go through the link below to brush up on the basics of this topic -
Simplification / Approximation
Questions from this topic are doable, so practice them well. Whenever an expression with multiple arithmetic operations is given, follow the BODMAS principle for calculating the final result. Rather than calculating the exact value in terms of decimals, calculate the approximate values and then perform the operations. You must also You can go through the link below to understand the basics of this topic better -
How To Solve Simplification / Approximation
Questions from this topic were asked in 2 different forms in the IBPS RRB officer scale 1 Exam this year. One set included normal Data Sufficiency questions where some information was given in 2 different statements and you had to identify which piece of information was sufficient to answer the question. In the second set, different information was given in two different statements. You had to evaluate the answer (quantity) from the information provided in each statement and then establish the relationship between the answers of both statements. So, we advise you to practice this topic thoroughly. You can go through the link below to understand this topic better -
Important Topics Of Hindi/English Language
This section of the IBPS RRB exam would comprise 40 questions. Try to focus on the following topics -
The English Language is a major section of the IBPS RRB exam and usually comes in a set of 10 questions. To understand better the strategy that should be followed while attempting this topic, you can go through the link below -
How To Solve Reading Comprehension
This is yet another important topic for the IBPS RRB exam. While attempting cloze test questions, keep the following things in mind -
- Read the sentence first and then try to find the correct option by substituting the given options in the sentence. You should be able to eliminate incorrect options with the help of this approach.
- If you feel stuck on some question then move on to the next one. Try and answer it and then go back to the previous question since all the sentences are logically connected.
Spotting Errors / Sentence Improvement
You may come across 5 - 10 questions on this topic. Keep the following things in mind before attempting these questions.
- Go through the entire sentence properly first.
- Lookup for grammatical errors, in case the structure of the sentence seems fine to you.
- Try to eliminate options by going through the sentence properly.
- In order to correctly attempt this topic, a proper understanding of sentence structure, word usage, and grammar is advisable.
You can go through the link below to understand this topic better -
Important Topics Of GA & Computer Awareness
This is one of the most mark fetching yet the most neglected part of the exam. Students used to ignore this topic but those who invest at least one 1hour daily in this section can definitely secure more than a 75% score in this section. Let's have a look at the types of questions asked in the exam.
- The questions in this test will be from Current Affairs and Banking and Economy, Insurance.
- In current affairs, questions can be asked about recent appointments, awards, and honors, sports, new schemes, national and international news, latest developments in science and technology.
- This section covers topics from various topics like Networking, Input-output devices, DBMS, MS Office, Internet, History of computers & generations, and Shortcuts.
Here are some important links for preparation:
Expert Tips to Clear IBPS RRB PO Mains 2022
Our experts have provided some of the most important tips to keep in mind during the Mains preparation to succeed in the IBPS RRB Mains exam.
- Kindly go through the previous year IBPS RRB cutoff and IBPS RRB question paper.
- Understand the competition level, trends, question patterns, and types of questions asked.
- Go through the important questions and chapters.
- Practice mock tests regularly.
- Analyze the mock tests on the same day to gain maximum benefit.
This was all about the important topics in the IBPS RRB Main exam 2022. Kindly go through the entire article to know all the important topics of the upcoming IBPS RRB 2022 mains exam. In case you have any queries, feel free to ask us below in the comment section.
Attempt our daily quizzes from the link provided below:
Attempt Quantitative Aptitude Quizzes here
Attempt Reasoning Ability Quizzes here
IBPS RRB Related Useful Links
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mock Test||IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mock Test|
|IBPS RRB Question Papers||IBPS RRB Cut Off|
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Click here to access Bank Test Series
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
Commentswrite a comment