As the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS) has already released the admit card for the post of Officer Scale-1 Main exam, the candidates must know about the most important asked topics. To help you overcome this problem, we have come up with a list of Important topics for the IBPS RRB PO main 2021 to help you crack the exam.
The IBPS RRB officer scale 1 main exam is scheduled for 25th September 2021. Here we have provided all the important topics that will help you in the preparation of the IBPS RRB officer scale 1 main exam. Kindly go through the entire article to know all the important topics that can be asked in the RRB Officer Scala-1 2021 main exam.
IBPS RRB 2021 Mains Exam Pattern
Below we have shared the complete exam pattern of the IBPS RRB 2021 mains exam. Kindly go through the table to know everything related to the number of questions asked, maximum marks, total time, etc.
Name of Tests
No. of Questions
Medium of Test
Composite time of 2 hours
We have compiled a list of important topics from different sections based on the overall analysis of the previous year’s IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Exam. We advise you all to have a thorough practice of these topics if you wish to get through the IBPS RRB selection process officer scale 1:
Important Topics Of Reasoning Ability
This section would comprise 40 questions. Try to focus more on the below-mentioned topics-
Seating Arrangement / Puzzles-
- The linear arrangement of an unknown number of persons
- Circular Arrangements with people facing inside as well as outside
- Linear Arrangements (Single / Double Row-based)
- Combination of the above 2 with different parameters. For instance, people sitting around a circular table, each having a different profession, some facing inside while some facing outside.
- Puzzles (Tabular and Floor based)
Try to practice high-level puzzles/ seating arrangements. For a better understanding of these topics, you can go through the video tutorials from the link below
This is yet another topic that is relevant for the IBPS RRB officer scale 1 exam. Try to practice both direct as well as coded inequality questions in order to pass the individual IBPS RRB cut-off. You can go through the link below to understand this topic better -
Questions asked are very tricky. You need to practice all types of questions asked on this topic. Practice new types of syllogism like few, a few, some not cases. Such cases are continuously asked in all the banking exams.
Apart from these, try to practice questions from the Logical Reasoning Part as well (Statement - Assumption/ Argument/ Course of Action, Selection Procedure based, the central theme of the passage, etc.)
Important Topics Of Quantitative Aptitude
This section will carry 40 questions. Try to focus more on the below-mentioned topics -
This is a major topic of the Quantitative Aptitude section and you can expect 2-3 sets of DI graphs in the mains exam. Try to practice paragraphs as well as missing DI problems as well. To understand this topic better, you can go through the link below -
You can expect around 5 questions from this topic in the mains phase. Try to practice questions involving the wrong number in the series as well. You can go through the link below to brush up on the basics of this topic -
Simplification / Approximation
Questions from this topic are doable, so practice them well. Whenever an expression with multiple arithmetic operations is given, follow the BODMAS principle for calculating the final result. Rather than calculating the exact value in terms of decimals, calculate the approximate values and then perform the operations. You must also You can go through the link below to understand the basics of this topic better -
Questions from this topic were asked in 2 different forms in the IBPS RRB officer scale 1 Exam this year. One set included normal Data Sufficiency questions where some information was given in 2 different statements and you had to identify which piece of information was sufficient to answer the question. In the second set, different information was given in two different statements. You had to evaluate the answer (quantity) from the information provided in each statement and then establish the relationship between the answers of both statements. So, we advise you to practice this topic thoroughly. You can go through the link below to understand this topic better -
Important Topics Of Hindi/English Language
This section of the IBPS RRB exam would comprise 40 questions. Try to focus on the following topics -
The English Language is a major section of the IBPS RRB exam and usually comes in a set of 10 questions. To understand better the strategy that should be followed while attempting this topic, you can go through the link below -
This is yet another important topic for the IBPS RRB exam. While attempting cloze test questions, keep following things in mind -
- Read the sentence first and then try to find the correct option by substituting the given options in the sentence. You should be able to eliminate incorrect options with the help of this approach.
- If you feel stuck at some question then move on to the next one. Try and answer it and then go back to the previous question since all the sentences are logically connected.
Spotting Errors / Sentence Improvement
You may come across 5 - 10 questions on this topic. Keep following things in mind before attempting these questions.
- Go through the entire sentence properly first.
- Lookup for grammatical errors, in case the structure of the sentence seems fine to you.
- Try to eliminate options by going through the sentence properly.
- In order to correctly attempt this topic, a proper understanding of the sentence structure, word usage, and grammar is advisable.
You can go through the link below to understand this topic better -
Important Topics Of GA/Computer Awareness
This is one of the most mark fetching yet the most neglected part of the exam. Students used to ignore this topic but those who invest at least one 1hour daily in this section can definitely secure more than a 75% score in this section. Let's have a look at the types of questions asked in the exam.
- The questions in this test will be from Current Affairs and Banking and Economy, Insurance.
- In current affairs, questions can be asked from recent appointments, awards, and honors, sports, new schemes, national and international news, latest developments in science and technology.
- This section covers topics from various topics like Networking, Input-output devices, DBMS, MS Office, Internet, History of computer & generations, Shortcuts.
This was all about the important topics in IBPS RRB Main exam 2021. Kindly go through the entire article to know all the important topics of the upcoming IBPS RRB 2021 mains exam. In case you have any queries, feel free to ask us below in the comment section.
Attempt our daily quizzes from the link provided below:
IBPS RRB Related Useful Links
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mock Test||IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mock Test|
|IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria||IBPS RRB Application Form 2021|
|IBPS RRB Question Papers||IBPS RRB Cut Off|
|IBPS RRB Syllabus 2021||IBPS RRB Exam Pattern|
|IBPS RRB Online Coaching||IBPS RRB Salary|
If you are aiming to crack IBPS RRB Main, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.