If you are preparing for DFCCIL Exam for the Executive/ Junior Executive post in Operations and BD, then you must go through these notes. Also, for your convenience, we have offered these notes in both English and Hindi language, the link for which are available at the bottom of the article.
Important Questions of History of DFCCIL and Indian Railway
Here is the list of questions, answers, and their solutions:
Q1. Where is the Centre for Railway Research located?A. IIT Roorkee
B. IIT Bombay
C. IIT Delhi
D. IIT Kharagpur
Q2.The longest railway line in the world connects _________A. New York and Seattle
B. Moscow and Vladivostok
C. Trivandrum and Guwahati
D. Perth and Sydney
Q3.Where is the National Rail Museum located?
D. New Delhi
Q4.By which year Indian Railways has decided to electrify all broad gauge (BG) routes?
● Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry, Piyush Goyal informed that Indian Railway (IR) Ministry plans to electrify all broad gauge (BG) routes by December 2023.
● As a target to electrify 4,310 km of BG route in the year 2023-2024 (till December 2023), it is planned to electrify a total of 28,810 km of BG route.
● As part of its solar mission, it plans to source approximately 1000 megawatt (MW) of solar power & to source around 200 MV of wind power, based on the techno-commercial assessment.
Q5.The headquarters of Southern Coast Railway is located in
Q6.Union Budget and Railway Budget of India were merged in which year?
• Union Budget and Railway Budget of India were merged in 2016.
• Both the budgets were merged on the recommendation of Bibek Debroy committee.
• Acworth Committee in 1924 recommended to bring Railway Budget separately from Union Budget.
• NITI Ayog also supported the merger as it is easy to fast establishment of trains and projects.
Q7.In which of the following year, the railway board was constituted?
- In 1901, Sir Thomas Robertson Committee examined the administration and working of the railways and advised constituting a railway board.
- In 1905, A railway board was constituted.
- The Board was placed under the Department of Commerce and Industry of the British Indian Government.
Q8.What is the budget allocation for India Railway in 2021-22?
B. Rs. 1,07,100 crore
C. Rs. 1,12,100 crore
D. Rs. 1,20,300 crore
E. Rs. 1,33,100 crore
• Indian Railways has received a record outlay of ` 1,10,055 crore, of which ` 1,07,100 crore is for capital expenditure.
• This record outlay was announced by the Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman while presenting the Union Budget 2021-22 in the Parliament.
• Indian Railways have prepared a National Rail Plan for India – 2030. The Plan is to create a ‘future ready’ Railway system by 2030.
Q9.In which city is the Indian Railway-Rail Coach Factory located?
● Indian Railway - Rail Coach Factory is located in Kapurthala.
● It is located on the Jalandhar-Firozpur railway line.
● It was established in 1986.
Q10.The government has approved laying a new broad-gauge railway line connecting Rameshwaram with ____.
E. None of these
Important DFCCIL Links:
All The Best !!!
DREAM, STRIVE & SUCCEED With US!
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections