Importance of Newspaper in Education
What good it does?
- The newspaper is a compilation of all kinds of news you need to know. However, from the exam point of view, the careful reading of a leading English daily gives support to your preparation of two subjects largely, very easily: The Language and the General awareness. It helps you strengthen all topics of the former one while polishing the current affairs part of the General Awareness
- To speak more elaborately, while reading an English newspaper, e.g. TOI or The Hindu, you unwillingly strengthen your vocabulary
- There are these particular newspapers are leading due to their niche writing style. Obviously, the more you read the more you start to think that way, you try to design your sentences in that very style, and as a result, you land with excellent writing skills in the exam hall
- A newspaper has news of various genres like, country, politics, economy, sports, world, and entertainment. Also, there is the editorial section which is stuffed with ideas. Anyways, all of these sections provides you with plenty of updates in details
- Another interesting fact about the newspapers is that even the leisure section is not dull. Time spent in the crosswords, sudoku, puzzles improves your problem-solving ability and sharpen the analytical and reasoning ability as well.
There is always a Smarter Approach!
If you are giving more than a certain time to read a newspaper, practically you are wasting your time. Rather than putting all your efforts into reading a single newspaper you can cover a larger syllabus and perform wonders in this cut-throat competition. A newspaper has a lot of things in its favour but we must not forget that there are so many topics of so many subjects, needed to be covered and you obviously don't have an eternity to do so. We suggest you to prepare smartly and here is a possible solution to the problem.
To help you with, be it vocabulary or current affairs or other subjects as well, we have provided you with lots of articles and sessions specially crafted keeping the exam point of view in mind, so that the relevance never runs out.
||Here We Will Tell You How BYJU'S Exam Prep Helps You to Prep Better with Smarter Approach||
Youtube Daily Class Schedule
With these Youtube Free Classes, we ensure that you get relevant study material and you save a lot of time for Practice and Revision! We start your day with Day-wise Current affairs session and end with covering every subject in SSC & Railway exams syllabus.
- 8:00 AM - Daily Current Affairs: We all know that Current affairs play a crucial role in almost every government exam and we seek newspaper for it. This session will help give you all the information needed in lesser time than a newspaper to level up your preparation for Current Affairs and achieve a good score in SSC & Railway examinations.
- 12:00 PM - English Language & Comprehension: This Session will cater to your vocabulary and grammar related needs in very less time than the newspaper.
- 1:30 PM - Reasoning: It is one of the highest-scoring sections of SSC & Railway Exams. With the help of this session, you will solve tricky questions in no time.
- 6:00 PM - General Awareness: General Awareness is one of the scoring areas for SSC & Railway Exams. With the help of this Session, BYJU'S Exam Prep Experts will cover the most important topics in detail from basic to advanced level along with Previous Year Papers & Important questions.
- 8:00 PM - Quantitative Aptitude: At the end of the day you will be practicing one of the most important sections for SSC & Railway Exams i.e. Quantitative Aptitude.
Monthly Current Affairs Questions 2020 PDF
Current affairs are very important for SSC & Railway exams. We have seen in the recent SSC exams that now 5-6 questions are asked from Current Affairs Section. To help you with Current Affairs Preparation we provide weekly and monthly current affairs questions in the form of PDF. Not just this, we also provide you with the current affairs quizzes based on that PDF to help you retain better
Gradeup's SSC & Railway Exams: Study Notes
We have plenty of SSC & Railway Study Notes. If you are facing a problem in any topic and you need notes for it, don't hesitate to ask. BYJU'S Exam Prep gives you a whole bunch of notes covering all the topics of the syllabus. You are just one search away! Reading articles in BYJU'S Exam Prep's APP will help you in many dimensions. It will improve your vocabulary, reading skills and will keep you updated about the exams.
Daily Subject-wise Quizzes
A quiz is one of the best ways to sharpen your knowledge. BYJU'S Exam Prep brings to you whole new sets of quizzes every day, on various topics. If you feel like you have covered a subject or a topic thoroughly, it's time to test! Taking these quizzes not only helps your preparation but also improves your speed and accuracy.
Greencard for 500+ Mock Tests for SSC & Railway Exams
You are always free to polish your knowledge with the 500+ Mock Tests for SSC & Railway Exams. You can access them from our APP or website and never fall short of the subject-wise and full-length mock test.
Previous Year Question Paper
Along with the mocks you are also open to practicing the very vital previous years' question papers as well. We cover all the SSC previous years' question papers which are highly important to solve as SSC has the habit of repeating questions and it is, indeed, an open secret.
This is the smarter approach that we suggest as it will save your precious time and make you exam ready!
Download Gradeup, the best government exam app for Preparation
BYJU'S Exam Prep today to score better
Commentswrite a comment