There’s no one particular strategy that you can blindly follow for scoring high in IBPS PO Prelims. So, beware of such hacks and shortcuts. The key is to continuously work on improving your speed, accuracy, and selection of questions for every important topic.
However, one good thing that you can do is benchmark your approach with toppers. If you ask yourself questions like -
It is then you know that there are no easy answers. But, looking at the scores of toppers can give you a perspective of what can work.
As we said earlier, there can be more than one successful approach but if an approach is working for someone, it’s good to know and try.
Topic-wise Approach to Target 70+ Marks in IBPS PO Prelims 2022
The level of competition that one sees in competitive examinations is just insane nowadays. There are so many aspirants for a relative handful of jobs that it takes the level of engagement to an entirely greater level. Of the multiple competitive job-based examinations, IBPS PO holds a definite distinction in terms of both participation as well as laurels if successful.
Thus, make sure that you go through the detailed IBPS PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern to know the number of questions asked from each topic and all about the marking scheme. Moreover, you must check out the IBPS PO previous year's papers to understand the overall level of this exam.
You can practice most expected IBPS PO Prelims Mock tests in the BYJU'S Exam Prep Bank PO Test Series.
IBPS PO 2022 Prelims Exam Strategy
The first and foremost aim should be to cover as many courses as possible, the bigger chunk of the syllabus on your tips, the better. This might look like a completely conventional approach with less innovation, but this is undoubtedly the most successful way.
- Make sure to be updated about the changing pattern of the examination and the questions in all the topics that are part of the syllabus. Having knowledge about the different types of questions would ensure that you don’t get bummed while seeing them the first time in the examination hall.
- Keep in touch with all the papers that are being conducted by IBPS. This is a smart trick as this would give you an idea about the way papers are being by the examination board in the contemporary phase.
- Make sure to give attention to all the questions. It’s only logical to see that no section consists of individual 60 marks and therefore you would have to create a cumulative skill that could help you in getting past the various sections.
- Do objective study instead of subjective study. This means that you should try to learn the topics that are solely part of the examination, there is no need to waste your time getting too deep into the topics that do not have much weightage in the examination.
- Once you have made sure that most of the course is covered, start taking mocks. Take as many mocks as possible; this would help you in marking the weak areas so that you can work on them. Try to take mocks that have an interface almost similar to the examination interface. This helps in getting used to the examination pattern.
Tips for Quantitative Aptitude section
The quantitative aptitude syllabus is extensive and contains an excessive number of topics for both the IBPS PO Prelims and the Main exams. Candidates should be aware that in order to pass the online computer-based tests, they must achieve the minimum qualifying marks because there is a sectional cutoff for both the IBPS PO prelims and mains. However, there are a few common subjects that are significant in terms of the exam, and applicants must pay close attention to these subjects.
The topics asked in the previous year's SBI PO prelims exam were provided below. You can go through them.
- Quadratic Equations
- Data Interpretation
- Miscellaneous (SI, CI, Speed &Time, Profit and Loss, Time and Work, Averages, Ages, Ratio, etc.)
- Number Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Quantity Based Questions
You must attempt easy topics like Simplification, Approximation, Quadratic equation, data interpretation first. After that give a single try to Number Series. Then attempt the remaining topics as per your expertise.
Now, let us discuss some useful tips to be followed in the exam for the Quantitative Aptitude section:
Quantitative Aptitude Exam Tips
- There will be a total of 35 questions in this section.
- You will be given 20 minutes to attempt this section.
- You can divide these 20 minutes into 2 rounds.
- In the first round, attempt easy questions from the topics like Approximation/ Simplification, Quadratic equations, Number Series, and Data Interpretation. As per last year's pattern, more than 15 questions will be covered by the above-mentioned topics.
- It will fetch you 12+ marks provided you have attempted the questions with 100 percent accuracy.
- Now, you should give the remaining time to the other topics.
- Attempt those questions first which are less time-consuming.
- If you will go by the above-mentioned strategy, you will definitely attempt 25+ marks.
- Make sure that your speed and accuracy are maintained. It will be done only if your basic concepts are clear and you have practiced at least one mock test daily.
- For efficient preparation, attempt quizzes from the link given below.
To watch concept classes and chapter-wise sessions by exam-qualified experts, you can try our IBPS PO 2022 Online Coaching.
Tips for Reasoning Section
To advance to the next level, candidates must pass the sectional cutoff for the Reasoning Ability section in both the Prelims and the Mains. Therefore, ignoring this part is not an option. In fact, since the marks from the Mains are taken into account for the final merit listing, passing the Reasoning Ability sectional cutoff is insufficient. To ensure a high mark in this section, one must therefore prepare in a certain way. We shall go over IBPS PO Reasoning preparation in this article.
The following topics were asked in IBPS PO 2022 & SBI PO 2022:
- Sitting Arrangement and Puzzles
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relation
- Alpha-numeric series
- Data Sufficiency
We advise you to attempt easy and less time taking questions first. For example, if you had practiced enough, then coding-decoding, inequalities, direction sense, blood relation, alphanumeric series, and miscellaneous topics will become handy for you.
Reasoning Ability Exam Tips
There will be a total of 35 questions in this section which you have to attempt in 20 minutes. Attempt Inequalities, Coding and Decoding, Alphanumeric Series, Syllogism, Direction Sense, and blood relation questions in the first go. This way, you will be able to attempt 15+ questions.
- If you practice this section well, it will become easy for you to attempt 25 questions in 20 minutes.
- After that, attempt puzzles and Seating arrangement type of questions. Choose the easy puzzle to attempt first.
- Remember that your speed and accuracy play an important role in clearing this section. Clear your concepts and practice quizzes and mock tests daily.
- For efficient preparation, attempt quizzes from the link given below.
Tips for English Section
Any exam preparation starts with familiarizing oneself with what will be covered, what will be done, and how it will be done. English is the section that most candidates find challenging even if it receives the highest overall score. Therefore, we have described here how to begin preparing for this specific segment in order to help you all conquer this phobia. Check out our article on IBPS PO English Preparation for some tips you can use to prepare for both the Prelims and Mains.
The following topics were asked in the English section of IBPS PO 2022 & SBI PO 2022.
- Reading Comprehension
- Error Detection
- Sentence Correction/Improvement
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Phrase Replacement
- Sentence Connector
- Sentence Completion
English Section Exam Strategy
If you have good command over the English section, then it will become the scoring section for you. You will be given 20 minutes to attempt this section in which 30 questions need to be covered.
- Attempt fillers-based questions in the first attempt like Cloze Test, Fillers, etc.
- After that go for the sentence correction and error-finding questions.
- Attempt para jumble and reading comprehension questions in the end. Try synonyms/antonyms questions first in RC.
- Skip those questions of which you are not sure.
- Also, don't make blind guesses. It will deduct your marks.
- For efficient preparation.
Expert Tips and Strategy to Approach the IBPS PO Prelims 2022
Never spend too much time on a single question. Always skip the long questions to attempt them in your spare time after you have finished the major of the paper. Attempt the questions for which you have the most preparation. This will surely improve your results because you will have more time to work on other questions.
- Before attempting to improve your scores, make sure you've cleared the sectional cutoffs by at least 5 marks. This will clear your mind, and you will approach the left paper with a positive attitude.
- Be smart. To save time and get better marks, try the vocabulary-based comprehension questions before the subjective ones.
- Try to answer as many questions as possible using shortcuts and methods. This would offer you a significant advantage over the other candidates.
- Avoid guesswork as much as possible. Because it will only decrease your chances of selection.
- Don't let pride get in the way of a difficult question. If feasible, solve it; otherwise, leave it alone; no hard feelings. Even if you are able to solve a single question, if you spend all of your time on it, you will most likely waste your time.
Attempt IBPS PO Mini Mock Test
To sum up, you can improve your approach to better question selection and accuracy. However, please don’t put all your eggs in one basket as there can be variations in the paper pattern.
If you are aiming to crack IBPS PO 2022, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Click here to access Test Series
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
Commentswrite a comment