Indian Institute of Technology, Patna invites application for various M.Tech programs for the year 2020-2021 starting in July 2020. Eligible and interested candidates may apply for M.tech programme under Regular or Sponsored category (both Full Time).
IIT Patna M.tech Admissions through GATE: Apply Here
IIT Patna M.Tech Admission 2020: Important Dates
|Start Date of Online Application Form||20 March 2020|
|Closing Date of Online Application Form||13 April 2020|
M.Tech Programmes and No.of Seats
The following M.Tech programmes and intake seats are available at IIT Patna.
|Dept. of Mechanical Engg jointly with Dept. of Electrical Engineering||Mechatronics|
|Dept of Mathematics jointly with Dept of Computer Science & Engg||Mathematics and Computing|
|Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Computer Science & Engineering|
|Department of Electrical Engineering||Communication System Engineering|
|Department of Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering||Civil Engineering|
|Department of Materials Science & Engineering||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Department of Electrical Engineering||VLSI & Embedded Systems|
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech Programmes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / M Sc or equivalent professional degrees (AMIE, etc.) with a minimum of 60% marks (or a CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale) for General/OBC categories and 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale) for SC/ST categories in the final qualifying examination and Valid GATE score.
- Candidates still to appear in their qualifying degree examinations can apply, provided they appear in all their qualifying degree examinations and complete all requirements for their degrees before the date of registration to M.Tech programme at IIT Patna in July 2020.
- If selected, candidates shall be admitted provisionally, and they will have to furnish the results of their qualifying degree examinations latest by 31-10-2020.
- Further, they must fulfil the minimum requirements of marks/CGPA/CPI, and other conditions like valid GATE score etc., as mentioned under eligibility criteria for respective programmes.
Eligibility and the GATE papers for the M.tech Admissions:
|M.Tech Programmes||Eligibility||GATE Paper|
|M.Tech. in Mechatronics|
B.Tech./B.E. in Mechanical / Production /Aerospace/ Electrical/ Electronics & Communication/ Instrumentation Engineering or
MSc in Electronics and Instrumentation
ME, PI, AE,
EE, EC, IN, PH, XE
|M.Tech. in Mathematics and Computing|
M.Sc. in Mathematics/Statistics/Mathematics & Computing or Equivalent or
B.Tech./B.E. degree in Computer Science/IT/ECE/Aerospace Engineering/Maths & Computing or Equivalent
|MA, CS, EC|
|M.Tech. in Nanoscience and Technology|
M.Sc./Equivalent in Nanoscience, Chemistry (Pure/ Applied), Physics, Applied Physics/ Solid State Physics/ Engineering Physics/ Biophysics/ Polymer Science/ Material Science or
B.Tech./Equivalent degree in Engineering Physics/ Polymer Engineering/ Materials & Metallurgical/Materials/Mechanical/Electronics/Electrical Engineering
|CY, PH, MT, ME, EC, EE, XE|
|M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering||B.Tech./B.E. degree in Computer Science/Information Technology||CS.|
|M.Tech. in Communication System Engineering||B.Tech./B.E. degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Communication||EC|
|M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering||B.Tech./B.E. in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Automobile, Production, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering||AE, ME and PI|
|M.Tech. in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering||B.Tech/B.E. degree or equivalent in Civil, Infrastructure, Construction Engineering||CE|
|M.Tech. in Materials Science & Engineering|
B.Tech./B.E. degree in Materials, Metallurgical & Materials, Chemical, Ceramics, Polymer/Rubber, Mechanical, or
MSc./Equivalent in Physics, Applied Physics, Chemistry, Applied Chemistry
|MT, CH, ME, XE|
|M.Tech in VLSI & Embedded Systems|
B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc. (Engg) degree in Electrical/Electronics/Communication/Instrumentations
- Selection is based on performance in GATE and Personal Interview of short-listed candidates.
- Marks obtained in GATE and in personal interview will have 70% and 30% weightage respectively.
- The personal interview will be held to test the skills in basic science, engineering, and relevant areas at IIT Patna
- For Gen/OBC candidates: ₹ 300
- For ST/SC/PD/Female candidates: ₹ 150
- A copy of payment e-receipt should be sent through the application form.
- Candidates must send final submitted application generated online duly signed along with copies of mark sheets/certificates and other testimonials with the payment details (e-receipt) for the application fee and attested copies of mark sheets/certificates and with other necessary enclosures (if applicable) should be sent to the following address with mark on the top of the envelope, Application for
M.Tech. admission in “ Name of the Specialization” at:
The Assistant Registrar (Academics),
Indian Institute of Technology Patna,
Bihta, Kanpa Road, District -Patna, Bihar, PIN 801106,
For IIT-Patna official website, click here
IIT Patna Official Website
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App.
" Download Gradeup app for GATE/ ESE / BARC / ISRO Exam Preparation here"
Commentswrite a comment