Download IIT Madras M. Tech Admission 2021 Notification PDF
IIT Madras will initiate online applications from GATE qualified candidates for M. Tech 2021 admissions. Interested candidates who will satisfy the required eligibility criteria and wish to line up their career in the field of research may apply till 30th April 2021. The link for the online application process will become active soon. Candidates may check the eligibility criteria for various M. Tech programs and admission details from here-
IIT Madras M.Tech 2021 Admissions: Apply Now
IIT Madras M.Tech 2021 Admissions: Apply Now
IIT Madras M.Tech 2021 Admissions Notification: Download Here
IIT Madras M. Tech Admissions 2021: Important Dates
|1.||Opening of Website for ONLINE applications||19.03.2021 (Friday|
|2.||Closing of Website for ONLINE applications||30.04.2021 (Friday) 23:59|
|3.||Suitability Test/ Interview for relevant candidates||03.05.2021 (Monday)|
|5.||Date of reporting for admission||26.07.2021 (Monday)|
|6.||Date for Additional Round after the Admission Day||28.07.2021 (Wednesday) / 29.07.2021 (Thursday)|
|7.||Photo session and Workflow enrolment||29.07.2021 (Thursday) / 30.07.2021 (Friday )|
|8.||Orientation Programme||28.07.2021 (Wednesday)|
|9.||Commencement of Classes||02.08.2021 (Monday)|
IIT Madras M. Tech Admissions 2021: Eligibility Details
|FOR GATE QUALIFIED CANDIDATES|
Candidates qualified in GATE 2021 and satisfying any one of the following:
|FOR IIT GRADUATES||Candidates graduating/ graduated from IITs with B.Tech. Degree and having CGPA of 7.5 (on a scale of 10) and above for SC/ ST and 8.0 (on a scale of 10) and above for others can apply without GATE Score|
|FOR SPONSORED CANDIDATES||Candidates employed and sponsored (with full pay and allowances for 24 months) by industry/ government organizations/ private and public enterprises, engaged in R&D work recognized by DST/ engineering colleges recognized by AICTE, possessing at least two years of professional experience|
|FOR QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMME (QIP) CANDIDATES||M.Tech. under Quality Improvement Programme (sponsored by AICTE) is advertised separately and the selection of QIP candidates is made through a test/ interview|
|FOR DEFENCE SPONSORED CANDIDATES||M.Tech. Programme sponsored by Defence Authority (Research & Training and Post Graduate Training) is through a separate selection procedure|
- Financial assistance in the form of Half-Time Teaching Assistantship (HTTA) at the rate of ₹ 12,400/- p.m.tenable for a maximum period of 24 months) will be awarded to Indian nationals doing the M.Tech. Programmes, subject to Institute rules.
- HTTA students are required to assist the department for 8 hours of work per week related to academic activities of the department such as laboratory demonstration, tutorials, evaluation of assignments, test papers, seminars, research projects, etc.
IIT Madras M. Tech Admissions 2021: Fellowship Schemes
- DAE-GF Scheme
- DAE-Graduate Fellowship (DAE-GF) Scheme in various engineering disciplines is offered by the Department of Atomic Energy.
- GATE qualified candidates selected under this scheme will get a fellowship of ₹ 35,000/- per month. After successful completion of the M.Tech Programme, the DAE-GF scheme fellows will be placed in one of the DAE units.
- AERB-GF Scheme
- Under Atomic Energy Regulatory Board Graduate Fellowship (AERB-GF) Scheme, up to three candidates will be selected either from Mechanical Engineering (only in Design/ Nuclear/ Thermal Engineering) or Chemical Engineering discipline or from both and they will be offered a monthly stipend.
- ESSO-MoES Scheme
- Earth System Science Organization - Ministry of Earth Sciences (ESSO-MoES) ESSO- MoES sponsors a maximum of 10 students for the M.Tech. in Ocean Technology (OE2)program which may include up to 2 candidates from ESSO-NIOT (National Institute of Ocean Technology).
IIT Madras M. Tech Admissions 2021: Admission Procedure
- Admission to candidates (who are not required to take Suitability Test/ Interview) will be finalized strictly in the order of merit as per the GATE Score (CGPA & Department Review for IIT Graduates) and on the basis of choices given by them in the application.
- Candidates requiring Suitability Test/Interview (03-MAY - 2021 (Monday), Time: 8:30 a.m.) shall report to the office of the Head of the respective Department as per the following schedule:
Persons with Disability (PwD)
- For PwD candidates with any category of disability (viz., blindness or low vision, hearing impairment, locomotor disability or cerebral palsy), a benefit will be given to only those who have at least 40% permanent physical impairment in relation to a body part/ system/ extremity/ whole body, etc. Such candidates must upload, along with the Application Form, the Certificate of Disability from the authorized medical board attached to one of the following: Vocational Rehabilitation Centre (VRC) for Physically Handicapped persons /Special Employment Exchange for Physically Handicapped/ Government Hospital (District and State level).
- The first set of offers for HTTA and N-HTTA seats are likely to be sent by 10th May 2021 (Monday ). The candidates, who accept the offer, have to make online payment of Institute Fees within the stipulated date. Second and subsequent offers may be made depending on the availability of the seats. In the final round, seats unfilled, if any, within a department offering multiple Programmes will be re-distributed to other Programmes within the department.
Upgradation of Choices
- There is a possibility of getting an up gradation in the choices filled by the candidates who have already accepted the offer of admission, depending upon the subsequent availability of vacancies. Please note that during the up-gradation, depending on the indicated order of preference given by the candidate, it is possible for a candidate to switch from an HTTA seat to an N-HTTA seat if N-HTTA is higher in order of preference given by the candidate.
Additional Round of offers after the Admission Day (28th July 2021, Monday)
- When the candidates who are given admission during the first, second and subsequent rounds of offers withdraw from the programme, the seats get vacant. To fill these remaining vacancies, an Additional Round of offers will be made on 28th / 29th July 2021 (Wednesday / Thursday). Candidates who could not secure admission in the first, second and subsequent offers will be considered for the Additional Round.
- Candidates are NOT required to report in person for these Additional Rounds. The Additional Rounds will be similar to the last round of offers conducted before Admission Day. Please note that Additional Rounds of offers after the Admission Day will be operated only when there are any unfilled seats, and its operational details will be available on the M. Tech Admission site
Reporting for Admission
- GATE qualified candidates and IIT B.Tech. graduates who accept the offer of admission must produce a completion certificate of their qualifying degree examination and join the Institute on 26th July 2021 (Monday) forenoon.
- Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the offer of admission. Sponsored candidates also should report for admission on 26th July 2021 (Monday) afternoon.
IIT Madras M. Tech Admissions 2021: Application Procedure
For GATE qualified and B.Tech graduates from IIT
- ₹ 200 /- for SC/ ST/ PwD/Female Candidates
- ₹ 400/- for others
For sponsored candidates
- ₹ 250 /- for SC/ ST/ PwD/Female Candidates
- ₹ 500/- for others
For more details, check the IIT Madras Website