IIT Kharagpur offers various programmes for admission into M.Tech (TA)/ MS (Research)/ Ph.D Programmes. If you are seeking admission in the programmes offered by IIT Kharagpur, it is important to get the admission into right programme with your GATE Score. We have listed below with all possible programmes that you can apply for admission at IIT Kharagpur for various departments.
GATE CS (Computer Science) candidates can be applied for the following recommended programmes in IIT Kharagpur. The mode of admission and expected minimum GATE score is mentioned for each of the following programmes.
You are also eligible to apply the following programmes in various departments of IIT Kharagpur. Apply to these programmes only when you are interested in the particular programme offered by any department and read the programme details and opportunities by visiting the department website.
If you are interested for Ph.D/MS (Research) Programme, you are also eligible to apply for the relevant department and selection is purely based on performance in written test / Interview conducted by the department.
You are recommended to apply for research programmes only if you have GATE Score more than 700 and having the good knowledge (strong fundamentals required) in the applied department.
Ph.D Programme is offered in the following departments at IIT Kharagpur.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural & Food Engineering
- Architecture & Regional Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Centre for Ocean, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land
- Cryogenic Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Educational Technology
- Geology and Geophysics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Industrial Engineering & Management
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Medical Science & Technology
- Materials Science
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Ocean Engineering. and Naval Architecture
- Physics & Meteorology
- Reliability Engineering
- Rubber Technology
- Ranbir & Chitra Gupta School of Infrastructure Design and Management
- Water Resources