IISc Bangalore offers various programmes for admission into M.Tech (Course)/ M.Tech (Research)/ Ph.D Programmes. If you are seeking admission in the programmes offered by IISc, it is important to get the admission into right programme with your GATE Score. We have listed below with all possible programmes that you can apply for admission at IISc for various departments.
GATE CE candidates can be applied for the following recommended programmes in IISc Bangalore. The mode of admission and expected minimum GATE score is mentioned for each of the following programmes/departments.
You are also eligible to apply the following programmes in various departments of IISc. Apply to these programmes only when you are interested in the particular programme.
You can also apply for M Des/M Mgmt Courses in the following departments.
If you are interested for Ph.D/M.Tech (Research) Programmes, you are also eligible to apply for the following departments and selection is purely based on performance in written test / Interview conducted by the department. You are recommended to apply for research programmes only if you have GATE Score more than 600 and having the good knowledge (strong fundamentals required) in the applied departments.
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Water Research (WR)
- Energy (EN)
- Department of Computational & Data Sciences – Computational Sciences Stream(CD-CP)
- Department of Computational & Data Sciences – Computer Systems Stream (CD-CS)
- Centre for Nano Science and Engineering (NE)
- Aerospace Engineering (AE)
- Centre for Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences (AS)
- Centre for Earth Sciences(ER)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Centre for Product Design & Manufacturing (PD)
- Centre for Sustainable Technologies(ST)
- Management Studies (MG)
- Bio Systems Science and Engineering(BE)
- Mathematical Sciences (MS)
- Nano-science and Engineering (NA)