IIPE Visakhapatnam PhD Admission 2021 - Important Dates
|Start of application submission||12 April 2021|
|Last date for application submission||30 May 2021|
|Date of Test & Interviews for shortlisted candidates||Between 01-07 July 2021|
|Declaration of the list of selected candidates||15 July 2021|
|Date of Admission||26 July 2021|
IIPE Visakhapatnam PhD Admission 2021 - PhD Programmes
- Chemical Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
IIPE Visakhapatnam PhD Admission 2021 - Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- M.Tech/ MS / ME /MSc (Engg.,) or equivalent degree with a consistent first-division record
- or B.Tech./ BE / B.Sc (Engg.) / M.Sc. (Master of Science) or equivalent degree with a consistent first-class record
- or Candidates should have a minimum of 60% or first class (55% for SC/ST) in the qualifying examination in Engineering /Science/ and/or equivalent
IIPE Visakhapatnam PhD Admission 2021 - Additional Requirements for Different Admission Category
1. Regular with Institute Assistantship:
- To get admission under this category, the Candidate needs to have a valid GATE score or NET qualification with Assistant Professorship for the award of Institute Research Assistantship.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering or Technology after qualifying GATE exam will also be eligible for Institute Research Assistantship.
2. Individual Fellowship (CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICAR/INSPIRE etc.):
- All candidates applying for the Individual Fellowship category should have a valid award letter with fellowship issued by the respective funding agency or institute (i.e. CSIR/UGC/ DST/DBT/ICMR etc.).
3. PhD through Project:
- Candidates working on a sponsored project in any of the reputed institutes will be eligible for admission to the PhD program under the project category.
- The minimum remaining period and tenure of the project, the employee should be at least 2 years from the date of joining the PhD program.
4. Sponsored candidates (IAR) in Engineering and Sciences:
- Persons who are in service in any of the following establishments with a minimum of two-year job experience would be eligible for admission to the PhD program as sponsored candidates (IAR).
- Public Sector Undertaking (PSU)
- Petroleum & Natural Gas, Coal, Earth Sciences, Chemical & Fertilizer, Defence or other ministries of the Government of India or any other government body.
- Established industrial R&D organizations.
- Autonomous bodies and National Laboratories.
- Reputed industries may be recognized by the Institute
- These candidates must have a Supervisor (internal) from the Institute and an external supervisor from their parent organization where they will be doing the research work.
5. QIP (Quality Improvement Program) category:
Candidates fulfilling under the Quality Improvement Program (QIP) as per State or Central Govt., Human Resources Ministry/Technical Education Boards are eligible under this category
Persons who are in service in any of the following establishments with a Minimum of two-year job experience shall be eligible for admission to the PhD program as sponsored candidates:
6. Degrees from IITs/IISc/IIPE/RGIPT:
B.Tech degree, Dual Degree (B. Tech and M. Tech), or 5-year Integrated MSc degree, 2 year MSc degree (admitted through JAM) holders having their final CGPA >= 8.00 from any of the following institutes would be considered for direct admission in PhD programme with Institute Research Assistantship.
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
- Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE)
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum and Technology (RGIPT)
IIPE Visakhapatnam PhD Admission 2021 - Application Process
- Candidates can download the PhD application form available on the IIPE website here.
- Candidates who wish to apply for PhD admission in multiple departments or research programmes should send separate applications for each department.
- Filled application form and self-attested photocopy of the following documents should be emailed as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photocopy of the Mark sheets and Provisional certificates of 10th, 12th, Bachelor degree, Master Degree.
- Photocopy of the GATE score or CSIR-UGC NET qualified certificate.
- Category certificate (Gen/SC/ST/OBS).
- EWS certificate issued by competent authority (if applicable).
- PwD certificate (if applicable).
- Sponsorship certificate/ NOC (if applicable).
After sending the application form through email, you need to send the hard copy of the filled and signed application form as well, self-attested photocopies of all relevant certificates to the institute.
IIPE Visakhapatnam PhD Admission 2021 - Selection and Admission
The Selection for the PhD program will be on the basis of Overall academic performance and written/computer test or interview or both.
IIPE Visakhapatnam PhD Admission 2021 - Fellowships Details
The Institute Research Assistantship shall be awarded for a maximum period of 5 years. At present the amounts are as follows:
- Rs. 31,000/- pm for first 2 years
- Rs. 35,000/- pm for next 3 years
- Contingencies amount: Rs. 30,000/- Per annum
Best of Luck!!
Sahi Prep hai to Life Set Hai!!
Go BYJU'S Exam Prep