GK section is one the most understated and neglected sections which in reality is very important and can be very scoring if candidates pay attention while preparing for the MBA entrance exam. Let us know some more tips on how you should start you preparations for GK section.
Exam Pattern of IIFT 2022
No. of Qs
Marks per Qs
Negative per question
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
Quantitative Analysis (QA)
General Knowledge & Current Affairs (GK)
In the IIFT exam, the GK section has only 20 questions having half the weightage as compared to the other 3 sections.
Check here the complete IIFT Syllabus 2022
How to Prepare for GK Section for IIFT 2022
- Check the Syllabus: It is very important to mark the boundaries of what to study and what not to. One might end up studying things that are less important. Check IIFT Syllabus
- Look for an appropriate Study Material for IIFT.
- Keep yourself up to date: Keeping yourself up-to-date with all the current affairs and evolvements happening around the world is of utmost importance
- Reading Newspaper on a daily basis: Reading a newspaper daily will not only help you with the latest Business news and other current affairs but also will be a great help in helping you with learning new vocabulary words. The daily one must follow are named below:
- The Hindu
- Business World
- Economic Times
- Financial Express
- Business Line
- Prepare Notes: All major topics/events/news/announcements should be noted. This helps in memorizing the facts faster and for a longer time. Also one can go through it at the last moment.
- Previous years paper analysis: This is very helpful in analyzing the type of questions asked in a particular exam.
- Solve sample papers: Solving sample papers before the exam helps in being confident during the real exam.
- Accuracy: As there is negative marking for every wrong answer, one should be sure about the answer before attempting the question. One must leave those questions he/she is unsure of.
- Revision of Important Topics before the exam: There should be a proper revision of Important topics from the previous years question papers.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card